Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer

knowledge of the product. We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or

if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even

if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
5 WWE Wrestlers Under Contract Die; d?
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 05:50 AM (1,841 Views)
Flamingo
Member Avatar

Heh.

In an article found here, it says:

Quote:

WWE acknowledges five wrestlers under contract have died over the years, under various circumstances.

I can think of Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero. Who is the fifth? It's probably very obvious and I'm just overlooking it with a groggy mind, but still...

Edit: Moolah doesn't count does she? :-/
Edited by Flamingo, Aug 8 2010, 05:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MY85
Pardon Me
Freddie Blassie.

Flamingo
Member Avatar

He was under contract?

I just thought he would pop in on occasion to remind the world that he exists, like I've assumed Moolah and Mae did throughout the 00s.

MY85
Pardon Me
Well, reading on Wiki, it said that Blassie remained under contract until death due to his relationship with the McMahon family.

Weird that someone like Moolah wasn't under some sort of WWE contract during her death. You would think she and Young had some sort of Legends contract. :shrug:

Flamingo
Member Avatar

Yeah, that's why I thought maybe it could have been Moolah. I completely forgot about Blassie.

Jimmy C
Member Avatar

What an utterly, utterly pointless thread.

WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
Wow, who knew LoHud actually had writing besides their amazingly comprehensive Yankees blog? :lol:

But seriously as pointless as this thread is, it's still an interesting article. I agree that when you look at McMahon's senate campaign her history with WWE is fair game, but, like said in the article, they really are taking a few minutes of controversy (most moments probably didn't even have Linda's fingerprints on them) and overlooking the thousands of hours of other stuff.

My opinion is that you live and you learn. Has WWE screwed up by not having a drug policy? Absolutely. Have they done stupid things on their show? Sure. But the company was able to grow into what it now is, at a point where wrestlers are probably more healthy today than they ever have been (remember, talking WWE only), and a show that appeals to kids YET has a bunch of adults fighting over it every week even if they're not the main demographic anymore.

Flamingo
Member Avatar

The thread wasn't pointless. I wanted to know who the fifth person to die under WWE contract was. I would have posted it in the general wrestling discussion thread, but that thread gets the cold shoulder a lot.

Not every thread needs to spur a multiple page discussion.

SRP76
Member Avatar
The Man. Any Questions?
I'll bet more than 5 people who work for Wal-Mart have died in the past 20 years. Oooh, shut 'em down.

Perspective can be a real bitch.

I have an absolute hatred of the media twats who attack wrestling like it's the devil.
Edited by SRP76, Aug 8 2010, 05:23 PM.

Flamingo
Member Avatar

I have a slight hatred of people that attack wrestling period.

It's no more drug or crime infested that any major pro sport is, but it tends to get treated worse because it's not as popular as baseball, or football. It's not as "respectable". A football player kills himself, well, it's just another dead football player. A wrestler kills himself it's a clear sign that the wrestling industry is a corrupt monster! :rolleyes:

What bothers me more than the biased opinions on the seedy side are the people that give it crap for being pre-planned. Does it never occur to those morons that the movies they love so much aren't "real"? Maybe I should give Iron Man fans shit because they enjoyed watching some guy pretend to be a superhero in a fake suit of armor.

Do they have any idea that the majority of wrestlers wrestle with very little actually planned ahead of time and basically improvise in the ring? Let's see that majority of "legitimate athletes" do that and not look ridiculous or get destroyed. Let's see how well a team does when they set-up a play for the start, one or two in the middle, and one at the end and just come up with the rest as they go. Idiots.

I got way off topic there, but I just had to get the mini-rant out of my mind.

Jimmy C
Member Avatar

ITS VINCE MCMAHON'S FAULT
BLAME VINCE MCMAHON!

Cybrus
Member Avatar
If you look down on me, you'll see an enemy. If you look up at me, you'll see a friend. But if you look me square in the eye, you'll see a God!
Is it just me or does 5 seem like a much smaller number than expected? When you consider all the untimely deaths in pro wrestling, I'd expect more than just 5 to have been employed by WWE at the time of their passing. Guess the media has already got to me. :uhoh:

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
I was thinking Umaga was the other one but I think he was with TNA at the time?

Flamingo
Member Avatar

No, Umaga was on the indy circuit when he died. In fact, I think he had just gotten home from a show somewhere.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
If you look down on me, you'll see an enemy. If you look up at me, you'll see a friend. But if you look me square in the eye, you'll see a God!
Umaga had returned from the Hulk Hogan tour of Australia, I believe when his wife found him :quote: over medicated :quote: . He was reportedly passed out and bleeding from the nose. He never woke up, I don't think.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
Okay, that sounds right. I remember reading about that when he died.

Jimmy C
Member Avatar

maybe his drink was 'spiked'

lol

_DL_
Member Avatar
Raven Haired Enchantress
Horrible.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Themed by Obnoxious Mods