Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NXT Discussion Thread
Topic Started: May 11 2014, 05:48 AM (4,672 Views)
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
There doesn't seem to be enough interest or viewers to make a new NXT thread every week, so instead I think we will have one long-running NXT thread. In this thread we can discuss each week's episode and any other fun/interesting things relating to the brand. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
My money is on Charlotte becoming the new NXT Women's Champ.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
May 8, 2014 Episode
The Battle Royal to determine a number one contender was fun, but it seemed like an odd week to have a battle royal if only for the fact that we just saw one on Raw this week. Battle Royals kind of lose their appeal if you see too many too soon since they all basically work the same, but that could just be me. I dunno. The ending was a bit contrived and brought back memories of Luger/Hart sharing a victory at the Rumble. But the ends justify the means, I suppose. The Triple Threat match between Tyson Kidd, Sami Zayn, and Tyler Breeze should be fun.

The Diva Tournament is something I am enjoying a lot. Right now, Sasha Banks is the diva I'm pulling for to win. I don't look up spoilers, but I think it'd be interesting to see it come down to Sasha vs Charlotte, but I don't think they will go that route. Either Charlotte or Sasha will win though, so whomever wins the next round in their respective matches will go on to win the belt, I am predicting.

We are now getting the monster heel version of Brodus Clay that I was wanting a few years ago when we got the Funakasaurus instead. This heel version of Clay isn't as exciting as I expected. Maybe it's just because he isn't being booked as such? Bu5 deep down I am still a Brodus Clay fan. :tu:

Oddly enough, I am finding myself to be a bigger fan of Bo Dallas every week. His new entrance is great and I can't wait to see it on Raw.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
May 15, 2014
I just cannot get into The Ascension. I've seen them several times on NXT and they've only just squashed people. But they don't seem very good. They just seem like the only option. Maybe that luchador tag team will take the belts at Takeover.

Charlotte advanced. This means Sasha Banks will lose her match since I don't see them having these two feud if even for one match. Sucks because I wanted Sasha to win. :( Charlotte is your next NXT Women's champ.

I absolutely hate Mojo Rawley and don't think he has the body mass to do Earthquake's old finisher. That is all.

Bo Dallas vs Big E, not sure if it's next week or at Takeover. If Bo wins he gets an NXT Title match. If he loses, he has to leave NXT for good. Since Bo is debuting on the main roster soon, I would guess this is Bo's match to lose. But main roster guys do show up on NXT often, so i dunno. I am pretty damn sure I'm a bo-liever though, and I think Big E is the most boring guy on the planet. So I'm pulling for Bo while expecting Big E to win.

Tyson Kidd and Adrian Neville should have a fantastic match at Takeover. Adrian looks goofy as fuck, but he's fun to watch. I expect Adrian to retain though.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
May 22, 2014
NXT has very quickly become my second favorite wrestling show. I still look forward to Raw the most each week, but NXT is a very close second. I now look forward to Friday mornings after work just because I know I have a new NXT episode waiting for me. Too bad my laptop was dead when I came home. :lol: Comparatively, Impact feels like a chore to watch most weeks, sometimes to the point that I dread watching it and/or fast forward most of the show. And SmackDown feels completely skippable and unimportant most weeks.

Bo Dallas vs Big E starts off the episode. I had assumed they were saving this for Takeover next week. If Bo wins he gets a title shot. If Bo loses, he leaves NXT for good. I'm assuming Bo is going to lose since he just got promoted to the main roster, but main rosters guys show up frequently, so that gives me hope.

As expected, Big E wins and Bo has to leave NXT. I would say I'm surprised that they didn't have this as the main event, what with a big babyface win and the stipulation...I would be surprised, but you know...Big E.

I don't like how they do commercials in the middle of matches on WWE Network shows. There's no reason for that. They can space things out better than that. :td:

Sasha loses, Natalia advances. I expect this as well since I thought it was unlikely we'd get a Shasha vs Charlotte match. Charlotte is your next NXT Women's Champion. I don't see the point in putting the developmental title on a main roster performer. It's the same reason I don't expect Tyson Kidd has any chance to win next week either, even though he's not really on the main roster anymore.

Holy crap! Curt Hawkins is still employed by WWE? Color me surprised. I assuming his role is similar to Tyson Kidd. He's a guy that can't cut it on the main roster but is a good talent to help out in the developmental area.

Really looking forward to Take Over next week. We should totally add it as a bonus round in the KIA! :)

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Whenever main roster people are on NXT, it's to put over the upcoming talent, so I fully expect Adrian to retain the NXT title and for Charlotte to win the NXT Women's title.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
NXT Takeover is tonight. It's a 2 hour live special on the WWE Network. I gotta say, I am more excited for this than I am for Payback on Sunday. This should be a really fun show. Anyone else watching? I won't be able to watch until I get off work Friday morning, but I'll be sure to leave my thoughts here.

I believe there are only 5 matches advertised, but I'm sure a few more will be added as well. Here are my predictions going into the show:

1. Adrian Neville defeats Tyson Kidd to retain the NXT Title
2. Charlotte defeats Natalia to win the vacant NXT Women's Title
3. The Ascension defeats El Local and Kalisto to retain the NXT Tag Team Titles
4. Sami Zayn defeats Tyler Breeze
5. Adam Rose defeats Camacho

I am actually only very confident with my first two predictions. I am fairly confident that the Ascension retains, but I don't like them and would be happy to see them lose. Predictions 4 and 5 could go either way, I think.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Christian just let out the saddest "WOOO" ever.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Wow, Michael Cole just basically said that if Tyson Kidd loses at NXT Takeover then he'll be nothing.

Maybe those rumors of Kidd being completely repackaged are true.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I saw the very end of the pre-show and saw that clip. It definitely made Tyson look like a heel, which is the first time I got that feeling during this time. Did enjoy Paul Heyman's plug for WWE's new "Couple Counseling with Micheal Cole" followed by "Divorce Court with Micheal Cole" though. :lol:

Strange thing happened after the pre-show went off. The WWE Network froze. I reloaded the page to see the live feed and it gave me a WWE Countdown show. I had to click the schedule and then click on NXT specifically to view. I wonder if that was just on my end or if a lot of people are watching WWE Countdown right now thinking "Where is NXT?"

I pretty much hate Adam Rose and hope Comachio destroys him. Yes. But I'm expecting an Adam Rose victory since Adam Rose is now on the main roster and Comachio failed on the main roster already.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Charlotte/Natty was MOTN.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Adam Rose winning was expected. I have my doubts that this act will get over on the main roster, but they should let him arrive in the Party Express and walk into the building like they did here.

The Ascension winning was expected. I can't even think of another tag team on the roster. It always seems like a new mix-and-match type team when I see these guys wrestle.

Tyler Breeze beating Sami Zayn was unexpected and surprising. This was a number one contender's match, so I expected Zayn to get the win. But I also expect Neville to retain and I guess they don't like doing face vs face even on NXT?

The perv in me wishes we were still in the attitude era so we could see Lana in Playboy. I've read there are nude pics of her online somewhere, but I haven't searched.

Rusev crushing Mojo only makes me like Rusev more. I really hate Mojo Rowley!

Charlotte vs Natalia was indeed a good match, albeit a little sloppy a times. Why aren't diva matches more like this on Raw and SmackDown? I believe absolutely everyone expected Charlotte to win here. But Natty did a damn good job of putting her over and legitimizing her win.

Similarly, Tyson Kidd did a nice job of putting over Adrian Neville and making him look good. I never thought for a second that Tyson had any chance of winning the belt here, but these two had a really good match together.

Overall, I'd say this was a great show and has me eagerly anticipating their next live 2 hour special. There was 3 months between Arrival and Takeover. Assuming they wait another 3 months (which seems right), then the next one should be sometime around SummerSlam...I'm guessing.

Edit: Just watched NXT Takeover Fallout and Triple H confirmed that the next live special will be at the end of summer or beginning of fall and said the plan is to do these quarterly. I think that's a really good move.
Edited by Cybrus, May 30 2014, 03:55 PM.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
WWE...I am a WWE Network subscriber. A day one subscriber, actually. I give you $10 a month just like we agreed. I watch Raw every Monday night. I watch SmackDown every Friday night. I cannot remember the last time I've skipped either show. WWE...what great crime could I possibly have committed for you to force Alex Riley on me as a commentator during NXT this week? That guy is fucking horrible. You have him on the pre and post shows each week. Leave his shittiness to that, please. I am aware that you think you are grooming him to take a spot as a real commentator on Raw or Smackdown one day...but thats going to suck so much ass that I don't even want to think about it. Please, fire this guy already.

Bo Dallas is absolutely hilarious on NXT each week. Mr. NXT was funny for the fact that he was so obviously being Bo Dallas and denied being Bo Dallas. But watching him run away from security and even make it outside...there is just something about a wrestler in ring gear walking around outside that is hilarious to me. Always. I wish this was the version of Bo Dallas we were getting on WWE TV. I'll be so glad when the boring introduction phase is over and they really sink their teeth into Bo.

I wonder if Tyson Kidd's spectacular performances with Adrian Neville is what saved him from being released yesterday. I'm not sure Tyson will ever get another main roster push, but he's found his sweet spot on NXT. He's making Adrian look very good each time they interact.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
I'm surprised Sami Zayn won a match.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Sami Zayn reminds me a lot of Christian. Maybe not in move set, but definitely in looks. They have a very similar body type and similar facial looks (maybe it's the beard?). Which makes me think that if/when he gets called up to the main roster that he'll be lucky to get as high as IC/US Champion.

ApexEwok
Member Avatar
Once an Ewok bites, it never lets go!
Sami Zayn reminds me of Seth Rogan =/

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
It was only a matter of time before Kidd turned heel.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
With the BFF breaking up, who is the face? Is Summer Rae the face? Because I don't think Charlotte and Shasha would be.

The Vaudevillains...what to say about the Vaudevillains. Somehow a match between them and the Ascension doesn't exactly excite me.

That Tyler Breeze match had enough headlocks to make Orton jealous! :lol:

I'm not sure that was the big heel turn moment. He's definitely playing a heel character, but I'm expecting him to turn on Natty or attack Adrian or something bigger to really solidify his heel status.

Fate
Member Avatar

Tyler Breeze reminds me of a more entertaining christan. Dude cracks me up. Bo Dallas is hilarious too.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Sami Zayn reminds me of Christian. Tyler Breeze...I don't see the comparison.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Are the Vaudevillains the next NXT Tag Team Champions or are they just the next team to be fed to the Ascension at the next Live special? Neither team appeals to me, really.

Bull needs to put on kneepads. It's always a pet peeve of mine when wrestlers don't wear knee pads. I hated when Cody didn't. I hate that Cesaro doesn't. The only thing he seemed to know how to do was a headlock, so he needs a lot more work. Good thing he's in developmental.

Another debut in Becky Lench. Red hair, Irish theme. Hmm, could there be a future storyline with Sheamus in the cards? :lol:

Cassady seems like the generic tall guy that WWE loves to push. I expect he'll get called up on the main roster eventually. I do not look forward to that day at all.

Wait, Cassady is part of a tag team? His partner just returned, I think. I've only been watching since end of February, so this is the first I've seen of this guy. But that brings us up to 4 tag teams in NXT, which is 3 more than I remembered coming into this show! :lol:

RVD vs Adrian Neville was not the fast paced, high action match that I expected. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I expected going in.

The announcers really annoyed the hell out of me this week, which isn't really surprising considering Alex Riley was on commentary. My biggest problem was they kept shouting "oooh!" during each move. It was like listening to a kid do commentary in a fake fight. You'd never here Jim Ross say "oooh!" every time someone got punched or hit any kind of move. :no:

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Bull reminds me of an ROH wrestler named Michael Elgin.

Kame

411mania.com

Injured WWE NXT wrestler Corey Graves could reportedly be done as an in-ring performer. Graves is currently out dealing with a second concussion. According to backstage talk, Graves' future as a wrestler is not looking good, and officials are currently looking for a non-wrestling role for him.

Credit: PWInsider via Wrestlezone.com

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Kame
Jun 29 2014, 10:19 PM
411mania.com

Injured WWE NXT wrestler Corey Graves could reportedly be done as an in-ring performer. Graves is currently out dealing with a second concussion. According to backstage talk, Graves' future as a wrestler is not looking good, and officials are currently looking for a non-wrestling role for him.

Credit: PWInsider via Wrestlezone.com
Oh man, I was wondering what happened to him.

All the tattoo'd punks are retiring.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
ProWrestling.net

Triple H announced a new two hour live special for NXT during the July 31st NXT Taping at Full Sail University. The date is set for Thursday, September 11th, and it will air worldwide on the WWE Network. Triple H teased that all NXT Titles will be on the line, and also hinted at the reveal of a new NXT GM.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
If they're giving JBL the boot as GM, then I expect the new GM to play a more active role in NXT.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I try to avoid spoilers for NXT since I like to watch the show weekly with open anticipation, but I let my curiosity get the better of me. The new GM was announced during the tapings and booked the NXT Title match for the next NXT live special...which will apparently be called Takeover 2. If you want to know these two specific spoilers:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Kame

http://gfycat.com/KnobbyScaryGosling

What a wonderful sell this was. :tu:

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
I love the crowd booing the guys who were chanting "CM PUNK".

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
The Ascension finally dropped the NXT Tag Titles. That's good news. The bad news is that it probably means they're bound for the main roster. This team sucks so much ass. I hate them. So they'll probably get over or something. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply