Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Impact Discussion Thread
Topic Started: May 31 2014, 11:44 AM (3,414 Views)
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
In lieu of creating an Impact discussion thread each week, which are really hit or miss in reply activity, I think we should try having one dedicated thread to discuss Impact every week. If you disagree, please say so below.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
That's probably a good idea.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
First they came for the Impact weekly thread, and I did not speak outó
Because I do not watch TNA.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
_DL_
May 31 2014, 05:24 PM
Because I do not watch TNA.
And that's why this is probably a good idea. Only about 3 people on here watch and/or post about it. Granted only about 6 people post in any thread but still...
Edited by Purple Marauder, May 31 2014, 06:28 PM.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I know MVP was injured and plans may change, but the storyline plans seem to suggest they'll be putting the World Title on MVP and then going back to Dixie vs MVP afterward. Does anyone really want to see more Dixie vs anybody?

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope not. I have no clue what direction they're going tbh.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I thought they were fucking stupid to even put the World Title onto Eric Young to begin with. But if they keep the belt on him past Slammiversary (this Sunday), then they are beyond saving from a creative standpoint! And Impact went off with Dixie being mad because EC3 was bleeding and promised a war with MVP. So it's gotta be MVP wins the belt and Dixie vs MVP continues...right?

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
The best outcome based on the end of Impact is Dixie costing MVP the World title. They can feud and Eric Young can drop the belt to someone like Bobby Roode.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
They give away a PPV match on free TV.

MVP gets himself DQ'd, basically allowing EY to choose the stipulation for their match on Sunday.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Brooke is back and the best ass in wrestling is back on TV! I hope she shows up more often and that this wasn't a one time appearance before she splits from the company.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
I'll prob watch Impact today.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Ok...but I gotta warn you, there are 3 Eric Young matches. If you are anything like me, your fast forward button is in for quite the workout!

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
My fast forward button has been working out quite a lot watching any wrestling lately.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
ProWrestling.net

TNA has announced that Eric Young will defend the TNA Championship against someone of MVP's choosing this week on the live episode of Impact.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Bobby Lashley is the new TNA champion.

I just can't understand TNA anymore.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
_DL_
Jun 20 2014, 02:58 AM
Bobby Lashley is the new TNA champion.

I just can't understand TNA anymore.
Quote:

Purple Marauder Jun 13 2014, 04:20 PM
We can all see its going to be Bobby Lashley for no reason whatsoever.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
So "Fuck you!" for typing it into reality?

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Yes. I think that is right.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
It really makes you want to order TNA PPVs, though, doesn't it? When they have a title change hands on the very first Impact after a PPV even though they only do 4 PPVs per year. :-/

ApexEwok
Member Avatar
Once an Ewok bites, it never lets go!
What price are you guys looking at for booking a TNA PPV?

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I don't know about all providers, but Dish Network charged $39.99 and $44.99 for Slammiversary. So they charge $45 on Sunday, didn't give you a title change, then give you a title change for free on the following Impact. Yup, makes people want to buy that next PPV!

MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
Lashley's the first black wrestler to become TNA World Champion, right?

Eh, if TNA was going to go ahead with him as the new Champ, this should have happened at Slammiversary.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Technically I guess that is true, but Ron Killings was champ when they were still associated with the NWA.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
I couldn't find anything on TNA's official website, but if Wikipedia is to be trusted, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship goes back to Kurt Angle becoming the first champion in 2007.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Hmm, so Kurt angle as replaced MVP as the Director of Operations.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Well, considering he is injured and his contract is rumored to expire soon, I guess TNA wants to use him while they have him. Of course, you know he'll be turning heel if he signs a new contract. Name one authority figure in TNA that didn't turn heel.

I'm liking Bobby Roode being back in the World Title picture. He actually managed to make me sit through a segment with Eric Young in he. He's getting my WOTM vote just for that! I would love to see Roode as Champion again, but I worry that he'll just be fodder for Lashley...since, you know, somebody has to make Lashley look good.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
That may depend on how long Lashley's contract is for. Everyone that doesn't sign cheaply, signs for short, per-appearance contracts. Lashley could be gone in a month.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Don't. Don't tease me like that, Purple Marauder.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Kurt Angle is as American as any wrestling character can be. So it makes sense he'd do something special for the 4th if he was in charge. But 3 title matches without a week to hype it seems a bit like hotshot booking.

Bobby Roode's search for a finisher continues. This week, he used the Attitude Adjustment.

Austin Aries getting an X Division Title shot next week. And they talk about Option C. Hasn't Aries been the X Division Champion every time it's been cashed in for a title match? Haven't read the spoilers, but I hope he wins the X Title and cashes in to win the World Title.

I gotta be honest: I am not a fan of this ECW reunion thing they are doing. So far it's just Tommy Dreamer and Rhyno. I guess it isn't really an ECW thing yet, but I hope they aren't going that direction

Does anyone understand the Samuel Shaw storyline? Can you explain it to me?

Gail Kim is your new Knockout Champion. So we get one title change from tonight.

Wait...all the titles are on the line next week too? Is that too many free title matches too soon?

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Quote:

He was crazy, got sent to the nuthouse, now Gunner is trying to rehabilitate him.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
He wasn't crazy long enough to do this story line of becoming sane.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
_DL_
Jul 4 2014, 06:08 PM
Quote:

He was crazy, got sent to the nuthouse, now Gunner is trying to rehabilitate him.
Yes, this much is obvious. But I still don't understand the storyline at all. What qualifies Gunner to rehabilitate someone? Why does he even care? How does he have the authority to get anyone out of such an asylum? Why is Samuel even fully committed like that? Is it really just because he lost a match to Anderson? Absolutely none of it makes sense.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
I agree with all of that, but as far as this goes:

Quote:

Why is Samuel even fully committed like that? Is it really just because he lost a match to Anderson?

Kayfabe wise when they gave him a new gimmick Samuel was been crazy for years.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
I hope this Samoa Joe thing leads to a legit push for the guy and a run as World champ that means something. I'd like to see him and Bobby Roode fighting over the title at some point.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Guess I can't be too surprised that Sanada won't be cashing in with Option C, but I'm all for another A Double reign.

R.I.P. Willow.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
TNA is giving away way too many title matches on TV here. All 4 belts were on the line last week. 3 of the titles were on the line this week. The World Heavyweight Title is on the line next week. Austin Aries is cashing in the X Division Title at the Destination X Impact to get a World Title match. Am I too old school in thinking that title matches should be built around and not used freely like this?

Speaking of Austin Aries cashing in the X Title for a World Title shot, I want to believe that he'd win it. I really would prefer Aries as Champion over Lashley or Young. But this is the same guy that just publicly criticized the company for going back to the 6 sided ring (that's next week, right?). I don't think he'll win the belt. I think he's just going to make the Champion look good.

Jeff Hardy and Willow. I never understood why Willow suddenly showed up, but I don't think this is the end of the Willow character. Angle said he wasn't asking Willow to go away permanently, just for that night. Hardy won the Battle Royal so Hardy will get a title match next week. And we already know Matt Hardy returned to TNA and teamed up with Jeff Hardy. It makes sense for TNA to use the name "Jeff Hardy" and not "Willow" while they were in NYC. I wonder if Willow will return when they go back to Orlando?

Bully Ray said they were in New York next week, right? That's when they started using the 6 sided ring again, at the New York tapings. So we should see the 6 sided ring next week, shouldn't we? Talk about a colossal step backwards.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Well they don't have monthly PPVs, and they wanted to make EY a fighting champion it seems.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
No, no. You're in the wrong month. EY was the World Champion last month. This is July. Bobby Lashley is the Champion this month.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
The entire opening segment felt like a huge step back this week. First, TNA officially brought back the 6 Sided ring which has always made the product look more minor league and less serious than the standard 4 sided ring. Then right after that we go into a Dreamer/Rhyno segment that made it feel like TNA is trying to recapture the ECW nostalgia vibe that happened some 5 years ago, maybe longer.

Storm and Sanada are feuding now. That's a thing. We've only seen Storm mock Sanada in backstage promos so far. It's going to be interesting to see how these guys work together in the ring since their styles are very different. I am assuming this match will happen at the Destination X Impact?

Wait, the Great Muta arrives next week? I'm calling it now. That's going to be James Storm in disguise beating up Sanada.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Cybrus
Jul 18 2014, 12:06 PM
The entire opening segment felt like a huge step back this week. First, TNA officially brought back the 6 Sided ring which has always made the product look more minor league and less serious than the standard 4 sided ring.

Storm and Sanada are feuding now. That's a thing. We've only seen Storm mock Sanada in backstage promos so far. It's going to be interesting to see how these guys work together in the ring since their styles are very different. I am assuming this match will happen at the Destination X Impact?
No, it doesn't make it look more minor league. It just makes it look different. I recall when TNA first began people praised the 6 sided ring because it made TNA unique. Now everyone is hating on it. I honestly don't care from a fan perspective because it really doesn't matter to me. A ring is a ring as far as I'm concerned. The wrestlers may not like to wrestle in it and it should probably stay 4 sided for that reason, but from a fan perspective, it's not a big deal.

As for Storm vs Sanada, this entire thing is going to lead up to the real feud which is Storm vs Muta.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Impact Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply