Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The WWE Release Thread..; wishing you the best in future endeavors
Topic Started: Nov 18 2008, 06:00 PM (4,859 Views)
Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Quote:
 
The word making the rounds at last night's Raw taping was that another round of talent releases would be coming shortly. I haven't heard anything definitive, but there were enough people talking about it last night that I wanted to mention it here on the site. It could just be paranoia among wrestlers, but time will tell.

In recent weeks, WWE have released Elijah Burke, Paul London, Super Crazy, Kenny Dykstra, Lena Yada and Chuck Palumbo, among others.

WWE publicly announced they would be cutting back on over $20 million in expenditures over the next year to combat the economic issues facing the country, which led to the 37% slide of net income in the company's most recent quarterly earnings report.
Edited by Purple Marauder, Nov 19 2008, 12:09 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
WWE.com
 
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Armando Estrada as of Nov. 18, 2008. WWE wishes him the best in all future endeavors.


Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Thread title edited for all the new releases to come. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

After not being on tv for a bit, it was only a matter of time. I also heard that because of how crappy the economy is now, there are still WM tickets for sale.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
I'm kinda expecting them to release Deuce, Noble, Val Venis and Burchill.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Not Val Venis!!! :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
Why not? He's fucking worthless at the moment.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Val Venis is kind of like Hardcore Holly. He hasn't done anything on TV in forever, but still remains employed by the company. Why, don't know. I think he may be an agent or something. Maybe even have a desk job with the company but still wrestles occassionally. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Quote:
 
Armando Estrada's release from WWE was expected as we were told on 11/13 that he was on the list to be cut. Estrada worked the FCW television tapings last Thursday night and again over the weekend for the developmental promotion which made it appear as if his job had been spared. That obviously was not the case as his release was finalized yesterday and an official announcement was made.

We were told that Estrada was over with everyone in WWE management, however, his stock dropped when he stopped looking good in the ring. WWE officials felt that Estrada ran his course as a mouthpiece (he was originally brought in to talk for Umaga, but Umaga eventually got over without him) and wanted to give him a chance as a worker but when his work rate dropped, he was taken off television.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Burchill eh? Thought they would keep him floating in the IC picture.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Quote:
 
In addition to Deuce, Bob Holly and Val Venis are two names that are likely to be released by WWE. Holly has been in a rehab program for painkiller addiction. There is always a chance that the company could bring him back, but with injury problems to go along with his other issues there is a good chance that he will be cut. Val Venis has been out healing from elbow surgery and has been deemed expendable although there is still a push for him to remain in WWE as a backstage road agent.


I'm surprised Val lasted as long as he did.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Val Venis is a legend. stfu O.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

My bad. :doorslam:

Quote:
 
Armando Estrada posted the following blog on his MySpace page today regarding his recent departure from WWE:

"Esperate, Esperate, Esperate, Everybody Listen to Me! First and foremost greetings to all my fans, friends, and loyal supporters. It's been a while since you've last heard from Armando Estrada, and you may be wondering what is going on? On November 18, 2008 after sitting down with my boss, Johnny Ace, we came to a mutual decision to part ways. This was something we both agreed was in my best interest. By far this was one of the toughest decisions I've ever faced.

World Wrestling Entertainment is the one and only company I have ever wanted to work for growing up. I have a great appreciation for them allowing me to live out my dream. None the less I enjoyed my time with the WWE, and have a sincere appreciation and great amount of gratitude toward them.

Also I would like to take the opportunity to thank the following for all their support: my family, the WWE fan base, referees, trainers, agents, OVW, and especially the boys. There is no doubt in my mind we will one day cross paths again.

And to everyone out there no need to be alarmed, Ha-Ha. Armando has not disappeared back to Cuba and will continue to entertain world wide only as he can. Keep a lookout for what's new in Armando's world on myspace.com/therealarmandoestrada.

Just remember Armando Estrada is a Tiger with plenty of bones in the cave!!! To book AAE for any promotions/fiestas contact Team Estrada at: bookarmando@yahoo.com."

We have been told that Estrada is taking non-televised bookings immediately at the above address.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

I'm shocked that Venis is still on the WWE roster. When was the last time that the guy had a televised match? I remember he used to get a lot of time on Heat, but that's about it. I thought that they would've had Deuce join Team Priceless somewhere down the line. What a shame. The guy's got talent.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
...but Venis is a legend!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Quote:
 
by Mike Johnson @ 2008-12-03 14:56:05

In the midst of the holiday season, we missed that two WWE developmental talents were released last week:

*Former K-1 fighter Imani Lee, who was signed last May and was said to have been close friends with Batista.

*Mike Jarvi, a 6'11 (billed as 7 feet tall) talent who worked under the name Giant Titan in Florida Championship Wrestling. Jarvi was trained by Dory Funk Jr. and was said to have been pushed by Jimmy Hart to the company when he was signed in October 2007.


Merry Christmas guys! :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Quote:
 
Add Paul Burchill to the list of current WWE workers under contract that could be in danger of getting cut. Other names that we have been told that are on a short leash include Deuce, Hardcore Holly, and Val Venis.


This would suck for Burchill. :-/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
CM DRUNK
Member Avatar

So Duece had a small push and is now known as Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's son? See how this all goes i guess..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kraul

Well, he is Snuka's son so he might as well be acknowledged as such.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Quote:
 
Mike Johnson is reporting that WWE producer Barry Windham has been released. According to Johnson, details behind his release are limited, however it is said to be another cost cutting move by WWE. Windham's father is WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan.


I think he was an agent of some sort.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Quote:
 
by Mike Johnson @ 2009-01-09 13:17:13

World Wrestling Entertainment layoffs continued today with what one employee referred to me as "The Titan Tower Massacre" as a number of department heads were let go. Three different people I've spoken to noted that just about every supervisor and boss they've ever had has been let go. It's about as depressing as you could imagine.

WWE had security guards (one person told me armed guards, but I haven't been able to doublecheck that) escorting fired employees off the company's Stamford, CT property.

We've also heard that ECW brand referee Mike Posey (who some of you may remember as "Dropkick" Mike Posey during his tenure in the TNA Nashville PPV era) was released today as well. Additional talent releases from all areas, including road agents/producers are expected today.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Quote:
 
WWE just announced that they have released D-Lo Brown and Bam Neely. The releases come as WWE announced that they are cutting 10% of their workforce. Even more releases are expected.


Bam wasn't doing anything anyways. Sad to see D-Lo go yet again but there weren't doing anything with him anyways either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
L69
Member Avatar

10% of the workforce?

Shit, the buget hit everyone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheObserver

Yeah it seems like alot but in essence, it really isn't. Think how many corporations as big as WWE has to lay off 30-40% or even more. It sucks but what can you do.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ashy Shaq
Member Avatar
The Silver Standard
Quote:
 
by Mike Johnson @ 2009-01-09 17:55:52

PWInsider.com has confirmed you can add Val Venis (Sean Morley) to the list of those who were released today by World Wrestling Entertainment.

Venis had been with the company since 1998, originally portraying the role of a character who was an adult film star during the height of the Attitude era. He was later turned heel as a member of the Right to Censor group that was created as a takeoff of the company's issues with the Parent's Television Council. He reverted back to the Venis character in 2002 and also had a stint using his real name as the "Chief of Staff" when Eric Bischoff was the General Manager of Raw.

After being "fired" by Bischoff, he went back to the Venis ring name, but never received a sizable push from creative, instead often being tapped as the talent to work secondary TV shows and help out with undercard talent. His release was surprising to a few people, as it was expected among the wrestlers that sooner or later, he'd end up working in the office in the talent relations end of things.

Venis, who had a stint in Mexico before signing with WWE, held the WWE Intercontinental and European championships, as well as the Tag Team straps with Lance Storm, had been out of action due to an elbow injury in recent months. His last major appearance was part of the Wrestlemania XXIV Battle Royal for an ECW championship bout against then-champion Chavo Guerrero.


Future TNA World Champ right here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

I really couldn't care any less about Neely's release, as I never saw the point of bringing him on the roster in the first place. Seeing D-Lo get canned again is pretty overwhelming, though. I hope that he starts wrestling in Japan soon. Regardless of how how good of a wrestler he is, Venis didn't have a solid role in the WWE. These were all expected cuts, in my eyes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
About fucking time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kraul

Sucks about D'Lo and Venis, especially Venis.

I guess that leaves Holly and Funaki as the last remaining long time members of the roster that just don't do anything much anymore. Right? I wonder how long it'll be until they're let go, too?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Leviathan
Member Avatar
I don't debate. I'm always right.
Quote:
 
WWE publicly announced they would be cutting back on over $20 million in expenditures over the next year


I found it really strange that this was talked about on a local radio show today. I've never heard WWE mentioned on that show before now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply