Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The WWE Release Thread..; wishing you the best in future endeavors
Topic Started: Nov 18 2008, 06:00 PM (4,862 Views)
Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
That is sad news.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
Was WWE not using him after the Stardust thing ended? I can also see how his father's passing last year could maybe have taken the wind out of his sails a bit in terms of wrestling.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
The stardust thing hasnt ended. He is a jobber at the moment, while his older brother is gettiny weekly tv time with r truth
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
Oh, I thought the Stardust thing died off after WM. I knew about the Goldust/R-Truth thing though because I've been hearing great stuff about their recent matches...

...which, I guess, proves a massive point there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
The Overlord
Member Avatar
The Two-Time 6SW Know-It-All Champion!
The fact that Goldust had a more relevant position in the company than Cody Rhodes in 2016 really says it all.

WWE has announced his release today. Another in a long line to wasted talent.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

[twitter=PrinceCGR/status/734501299337584641]
:(
Edited by Kame, May 22 2016, 10:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
Note: made this post into a thread. It seemed odd to have a full blown rant in the middle of this. :lol:
Edited by WWEFootos48, May 23 2016, 06:27 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
Cody Rhodes' wife also left WWE. Makes sense for her to avoid awkwardness and stuff.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
You know, I have a feeling it may be the other way around. Cody was probably waiting for her to find something in order to leave so he wouldn't sabatoge her career. She said she found a new opportunity, so I have to think that he didn't want to announce anything until she had something to fall on so she wouldn't get buried by the company.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
eden was hot af, but i didnt like her as an announcer. she is the one that always said "kevin ooooooooooowwwwwwwwens" which always annoyed me
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
I'm not sure about her as a ring announcer, but I think she was pretty decent as a backstage interviewer. She had a good voice for the role, which is something not a lot of women have. I love Lillian, but it took her years to come even close to sounding natural as an announcer, and even then I feel like it was more because of them playing with her mic. I remember a Raw back in 2004ish when Coach used Lillian's mic and they even made a joke about how different he sounded with her effects.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
With Tyson Kidd mentioning that he has been removed from the new Total Divas season, as well as The Daily World mentioning that his contract is about to expire, is it safe to say he'll be out of the 'E soon?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I would guess his contract as an active wrestler will expire. I doubt he will ever wrestle again. But i would be surprised if he were released from the company completely. There are several places he could still be used from NXT trainer to road agent
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Quote:
 
The final graduate of the famed Hart Dungeon, Tyson Kidd, has likely wrestled his final match, at least in the WWE. Tyson's situation is becoming more and more similar to that of Daniel Bryan, who was forced to retire back in February. Around the same time that Bryan announced his retirement on RAW, reports surfaced suggesting that Kidd would have to travel down that unfortunate path as well.

If you recall, Tyson Kidd was severely injured wrestling a dark match against Samoa Joe last June when a Musclebuster finishing maneuver went terribly wrong. Had it not been for Kidd's built-up muscles, he very well could have died. Famous actor Christopher Reeves (known for portraying Superman) suffered the same neck and spinal injuries and was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Not only did Kidd miraculously survive, but he's been able to walk, talk and move around despite a procedure that required 16 staples, four screws, and a rod inserted in his neck.

Much like Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd wants to get back in a wrestling ring. But much like Bryan, the only WWE programming we're likely to see Kidd appear on is Total Divas or as a guest host on something like the WWE's Cruiserweight Classic. No matter how many outside doctors were willing to clear Daniel Bryan, WWE physicians would not. Again, Tyson Kidd appears to be in the same boat.

According to Daily Wrestling News, Kidd's contract is about to expire if it hasn't done so already. And the word is that WWE doctors will never clear him to return to in-ring competition again. WWE officials fear the risk is far too great for Tyson or any other superstar who's suffered debilitating injuries for that matter to compete again. They don't want that final injury to happen on their watch or have injuries lead to something far worse while a wrestler is employed by their company.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

ProWrestlingSheet.com
 
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Joey Styles was recently released from WWE.

No word as to when the release went down exactly, but his last tweet was on July 29th — just days after a Facebook Q&A he participated in that was described as Joey’s shoot interview.

Styles was extremely open during the chat and talked about not liking the name of the Universal Championship, hating the 3-man commentary booth and why Vince loves Roman Reigns.

Unclear if Joey’s honesty had anything to do with his release, but the video has since been pulled from WWE’s YouTube and Facebook pages.

Styles was an announcer in WWE from 2005-2008 and then transitioned into a position for the company’s website. He was eventually promoted to Vice President of Digital Media Content.

He was also the famous voice of ECW throughout it’s entire run.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
he isnt wrong. that title name sucks.


also, ryback is officially gone from the company as well
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
while not actually official yet, reports are saying Del Rio has left the company. it has been rumored for a while that del rio had an out clause and would be using it when it became available. apparently, his lawyers notified wwe 60 days ago that he would be opting out.


i could copy/paste the article instead of paraphrasing it, but, you know....lazy
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

Word making the rounds is that Paige is on her way out of WWE, too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
Del Rio is officially gone. Cybrus likes this.

Paige is said to trying to get out of her contract.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
MY85
Sep 9 2016, 03:51 PM
Del Rio is officially gone. Cybrus likes this.
hell yeah he does!! :excited:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
Del Rio is hosting a press conference in Mexico today to address his exit. Just imagine if Paige joins him in the conference.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
Well that's a shame he left but we all knew it was coming eventually. Not sure why he came back in the first place? To help get over other talent?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
I'm going to give you one hint...Shane McMahon's theme song...

Didn't care at all when he returned. Only marginally cared during his first run. Never found him entertaining at all. The only moment that ever stuck out to me is when Punk beat him at MSG in 2011 to start his 434-day reign and everyone around me freaked as much as we did when The Rock came out to wrestle his first match since 2004. It easily was Punk/Rock tied in ovations, then Zack Ryder third because they/we chanted his name through the pre-show all the way through The Rock's dark match promo. It was made better because Punk used Del Rio's ring announcer as an excuse to have Howard Finkel announce him to the ring...the irony in all of that.
Edited by WWEFootos48, Sep 9 2016, 09:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
WWEFootos48
Sep 9 2016, 09:15 PM
I'm going to give you one hint...Shane McMahon's theme song...
Right, wasn't even thinking about that. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Yeah, if i remember correctly, alberto el patron was making so much noise on the indies that wwe just backed and entire dump truck load of money at his front door to get him back. I think they even let him keep the dump truck
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
WWEFootos48
Member Avatar
God
Yeah he became one of the biggest stars on the Mexican/Hispanic circuits and I think he left LU on bad terms and became this massive free agent so WWE is like okay cool let's do it.

He also got fired because of a backstage incident that wasn't his fault it the first time around so wasn't like he was cut. I don't think it was hard to want to bring him back especially because he was so high up on the card originally. And for Del Rio, again, because he was fired over a technicality I think he felt like he still had a chance creatively and once they waved the money around he was in.
Edited by WWEFootos48, Sep 10 2016, 04:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

WrestlingINC.com
 
As noted, Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that WWE has released Tough Enough winner Sara Lee. Lee and Josh Bredl, who is still with the company, each earned a $250,000 one-year contract with WWE for winning the competition. The finale of that show aired on August 25, 2015.

The photo below has been floating on social media, with Sara revealing today that herself and NXT star Wesley Blake are expecting a child.

[twitter=selfsuccess01/status/782624399488942080/]
Edited by Kame, Mar 2 2017, 03:14 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

ProWrestlingSheet.com
 
Former World Heavyweight champ Jack Swagger has requested his release from WWE … and he’s already done an interview to get the word out.

Swagger appeared on Chael Sonnen‘s podcast and said, “As of yesterday, I asked for my release from WWE.” Adding, “It’s still kind of an ongoing process right now. Basically, it came down to contract negotiations. We were way off. They didn’t value me at what I thought I was valued at.”

“They weren’t giving me the opportunity to make the full amount of income I could for my family, so when you put it like that … it’s time to go.”

Jack was initially drafted to Raw after the brand split, but made the switch to SmackDown Live shortly after and wrestled against Baron Corbin at No Mercy in a losing effort.

He hasn’t been used much on TV since.

Unclear what his plans for the future are … but with Jack’s former manager Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell working in creative at Impact Wrestling now and company sources saying they’re looking to freshen up the roster — a reunion between the two sounds possible.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

411mania.com
 
WrestlingInc.com reports that NXT’s Sarah Bridges appears to be done with her time WWE. Bridges, aka Crazy Mary Dobson, signed with NXT last November and had several matches with the company until last January. She made on appearance on NXT TV, where she teamed with Macey Evans in a tag team match against Billie Kay and Peyton Royce.

She’s now restored her old ring name of Crazy Mary Dobson on her Twitter account and removed NXT from her Twitter bio. Her ProWrestlingTees site has also been reportedly re-opened, and she’s once again taking bookings.
Weird. I wonder what happened.

UPDATE:
[twitter=CrazyMaryDobson/status/849272799596355586]
Edited by Kame, Apr 5 2017, 06:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

WWE.com
 
WWE has come to terms on a mutually agreed upon release with Simon Gotch as of today, April 5, 2017. WWE wishes Gotch the best in all his future endeavors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply