Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Raw Discussion Thread; Best way to make something permanent is to make it temporary
Topic Started: Oct 5 2015, 11:06 PM (8,096 Views)
_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Quote:

WYATT AND REIGNS BRACE FOR HELL

In just three weeks, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt’s rivalry will culminate inside the unforgiving confines of Hell in a Cell. What awaits these hell-bound warriors on Raw? Also tonight, who will respond to John Cena's U.S. Open Challenge in The Champ's hometown of Boston?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
I went to Raw live last night. Not the best show I've been to, though it was cool seeing The New Day standing tall over Cena, Ziggler, and the Dudleyz as the show went off the air. The fact that Seth Rollins and Nikki Bella both had to name-drop Boston sports teams in order to get heat was kind of lame. Once is fine, but twice is overkill.
Edited by Kame, Oct 6 2015, 12:17 PM.

CM DRUNK
Member Avatar

Loved RAW, only thing I hated was Big E dominating only to have SuperCena give 5 punches and an AA to beat him.
Sure they got one over on him and 3 others but that was fucking stupid.
That is the number one reason why people hate Cena.

But yeah good RAW, still already bored because they give the best wrestler since CM Punk old boring guys to fight.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
So WWE had to end the Rusev/Summer Rae storyline because TMZ ran the story that Rusev/Lana are engaged in real life? Look, that storyline sucked and I am glad it ended, but why did WWE suddenly care that real life conflicted with kayfabe? They ran a storyline where Triple H and Stephanie divorced when we all knew that wasn't true. They ran a storyline where Triple H invaded Orton's home when we knew that wasn't true. They ran a storyline where Austin invaded Pillman's home and Pillman had a gun and that wasn't true. But this one is the one that breaks kayfabe? WWE is confusing at time. But, again, I'm glad the storyline ended and even happier that Rusev/Lana will be back together. I doubt Rusev will be getting a big push since he's probably in the doghouse for WWE ending that storyline. Probably.

John Cena's US Open Challenge has been proof that a TV Title would still work. I don't think an open challenge needs to happen every week, since it does blow through the roster pretty quickly. But occasional open challenges in between feuds would work great. And even better if the title was only defended on TV. Never defend it on PPVs. It would be something to look forward to weekly, since there is actually a chance of a televised title change. Who really expect a title change on Raw?

I noticed they didn't hype Austin for next week's Raw. He'll be in the building since the Austin/Brock podcast airs immediately after Raw. It would be a shame if Austin wasn't on Raw when they are hyping other legends. Right now, though, I am thinking this will just be the 4 names talking about the Taker/Brock HIAC match.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Quote:

EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS

A blockbuster edition of Raw is set to ignite Dallas, six nights before WWE Hell in a Cell. What will transpire when The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Brock Lesnar and Shawn Michaels meet under one roof in WrestleMania 32’s host city? Analysis begins on Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET on WWE Network.

The Overlord
Member Avatar
The Reigning, Defending Undisputed 6SW Know-It-All Champion... THEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOHH-VEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR-LOOOOOOOOOOORRRD!
I've been hearing a certain Prince Pretty is possibly making his main roster debut tonight. Hopefully, things turn out better for him than, say, Adam Rose or The Ascension.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Not sure how his gimmick will translate into the main roster.

Really hoped he would have an NXT title run before being called up.

This is the first time I've ever said this, but fucking internet darlings.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I'm worried about Tyler for 2 main reasons. First, the rumors seem to suggest they are only calling him up to sell "selfie stick" merchandise, which means they don't really have a plan for him and his entire push is going to based on whether or not his merchandise immediately ships. The second reason is that Breeze seems an awful lot like Dolph Ziggler: Blond hair, pretty boy show off. I like Breeze so I'll take the "cross my fingers and hope for the best" approach, but I worry.

Austin on Raw was awesome! It happens so rarely. Hopefully, he'll be back on TV to promote WM32 in Dallas. His role here was basically to promote the podcast with Lesnar and to introduce Undertaker. Short and sweet.

HBK's role was a little more storyline based. HBK basically murdered Rollins on the mic by saying while Rollins seems happy with being labeled as "HBK Version 2", HBK himself was always too concerned becoming the greatest wrestler to ever live to care about being compared to anyone else. You couple that with the fact that HBK is Triple H's storyline best friend and that the three of them had a backstage segment after, it continues to lay the foundation to the rumored Triple H vs Rollins storyline that everyone seems convinced will happen.

Flair's role on Raw was just to introduce Reigns. His involvement was the least memorable and weakest of the legend involvement. Reigns, however, came off more heelish than likable in his promo with Wyatt that followed. Wyatt did literally nothing, and Reigns was physically pushing him and screaming at him. Often times, I think the roles should be reversed with these two. That long winded promo from a few shows back that Reigns did, where he recapped the feud and bombed in front of the live crowd, Wyatt should have done that. Here, Wyatt should have done the talking and it should have ended with Reigns going on the silent attack afterward.

The Shield reunion that wasn't was fun this week. Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose may have been on the same team tonight, but they weren't on the same side. Rollins walking out on his team again was a good call and much better than Reigns and Ambrose teaming up to take him out. The actual Shield reunion is going to be great next year!

Orton and Harper both absent from this show. I don't know why Orton was, but I wonder if Harper was off the show due to that "Harper fanclub" picture that Jericho posted online over the weekend. The same picture that had Roman and Wyatt standing beside each other, posing, smiling, and breaking kayfabe.

If I am understanding the rumors correctly, HIAC is suppose to be Cena's last night before he takes 5 or 6 weeks off from TV. He has a US Open challenge at HIAC, so he should be losing the belt, right? I kinda wish they would have had Cena lose the belt on Raw instead, since that would have made the US open gimmick a lot more authentic. Maybe WWE swerves everyone, Cena wins at HIAC and loses on Monday? Either way, let us all be happy that Cena is leaving our TV if only for about a month! :wings:

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
Cybrus
Oct 20 2015, 10:59 AM
I wonder if Harper was off the show due to that "Harper fanclub" picture that Jericho posted online over the weekend. The same picture that had Roman and Wyatt standing beside each other, posing, smiling, and breaking kayfabe.
An explanation of sorts:

411mania.com

Luke Harper’s absence from Monday’s Raw was noticed by many, causing some speculation that he may be getting punished for a picture Chris Jericho posted from the Mexico tour. The kayfabe-breaking picture showed him along with Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Harper and others posing backstage as part of the “Luke Harper Fan Club.” The pic was deleted but spread on news sites. However, WZ reports that Harper was not at Raw because of personal reasons and that no such punishment is being handed down.

I didn't watch Raw last night, but did Rowan really return and align himself with the Wyatt Family without any explanation? :rolleyes:
Edited by Kame, Oct 20 2015, 12:21 PM.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Why do people always forget that Harper/Rowan was already re-united prior to Rowan's injury? Harper rejoined Wyatt, so it makes perfect sense that Rowan would as well. Why does there need to be a segment explaining that?

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
Harper and Rowan reunited as a team before Rowan got injured way back in May. Harper didn't rejoin Wyatt until late July. That's well over two months later. For all we know, Rowan could have been pissed at Harper for ditching him for Wyatt while he was injured. There absolutely should have been some sort of explanation. At the very least, it could have been done on commentary. Viewers shouldn't have to just assume things. It's bad writing.
Edited by Kame, Oct 20 2015, 03:37 PM.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I disagree. It is not bad writing at all. There has been absolutely nothing that suggests Harper and Rowan had any conflict between them during this time. Rowan had an injury that kept him out of action. When he returned, naturally he would return where he left off: With Harper. Harper has returned to Wyatt, therefore it is reasonable to think Rowan would return to Wyatt. What is bad writing is when absolutely every single minor detail needs to be explained. That is how you draw things out and insult fans' intelligence. Fans can connect dots and follow storylines. Not everything needs to be explained. This is one of those things that doesn't need an explanation.

Also, I'm reading that Orton has a legitimate injury that will be keeping him out of action. It's apparently a shoulder injury that may require surgery.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
I liked the process to get a new number 1 contender. It is one of those rare times when it feels like the challenger earned it instead of it just being storyline based. Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with a challenger being named as part of a storyline. I'm just saying it is nice to see this type as well. Good switch up.

This, of course, leaves us with Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins for the World Title. For probably only the second time during his entire reign, I actually think there is a good chance Rollins will lose the title. The only other time that I thought there was a chance was when Brock was challenging.

So far, it is Undertaker & Kane vs Wyatt, Harper, Rowan, and Tallass Mcstrongman. Who will join the Brothers of Destruction?

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
Great Raw last night. Not a real dull moment on the entire show. The four-way was very well-paced and put together. The way they've been building up Reigns the past few weeks makes me think that he has a strong shot at taking the WWE Title from Rollins at the upcoming PPV.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
MexAmerica is pretty damn stupid. I may be biased because I dislike Del Rio, but the angle itself is a dud, right?

Something I find strange. For months, I've been reading people praise all the NXT Women and dissing Nikki as hard as possible, saying she only had that record no one remembers today because she opens wide for Cena. Yet, after HIAC I keep reading many of those same people say how Nikki is better than Charlotte and Nikkie carried the match. Strange world we live in.

Reading that Nikki may be taking time off with Cena, so it looks like Paige vs Charlotte is the direction they are going. Strange, because I expected a 3 Diva Survivor Series match. I mean, it writes itself with these teams....right? Speaking of which, Becky is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
There was also news about Nikki Bella wrestling injured during the last month or two, if I'm not mistaken. So maybe that's why she's taking time off.

Paige being the new challenger to Charlotte's title seemed to be a given. But when will WWE start using Sasha Banks in a better way?

Roman challenging Seth is a given since Del Rio and Owens have titles and Ziggler will feud against Tyler Breeze. However, I think Ambrose will finally turn against Roman if their backstage promo means something.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Quote:

REIGNS CLOSES IN ON ROLLINS!

Last week, Roman Reigns became the No. 1 contender to Seth Rollins’ WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Is The Big Dog primed to end The Architect’s reign

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Who would have guessed that the Dudley Boyz would have made their big WWE return just to job out and be pushed aside for the Usos?! I didn't expect that at all. But it looks like we get a New Day vs Uso feud. I'm not complaining, since I didn't find the New Day vs Dudley Boyz program that interesting. I would be happier with a strong solo push for Bubba Ray. I think Bubba vs Owens would be a great feud if they let Bubba talk.

Bray Wyatt has now consumed the souls of Undertaker and Kane and now has their powers, as he proved by summoning lightening and fire. It sounds a little hokey, and I am sure Purple Marauder is rolling his eyes so hard that he went temporarily blind, but we are talking about a deadman and a demon from hell. It isn't any more hokey than what we've seen over the past 25 years from those characters. Still expect Bray to take the loss at Survivor Series.

Roman vs Rollins, I have read rumors that WWE will find a way to screw Roman out of the victory here, which would be true to Seth's overall run. But I think they would be a lot safer putting the belt on Roman here as opposed to WrestleMania. Despite what the internet joke of the week may say, Roman is over with the crowd. There are only a few select, smarky locations where he gets boos. WrestleMania will always be smarksville. Putting the belt on Roman with a hot crowd behind him would be more beneficial than putting the belt on him at WrestleMania and having the crowd boo him.

It is weird how Charlotte was so revered in NXT, but no one seems to like her on the main roster. I am growing fond of Becky Lynch though. Sasha is the next Trish. Paige is excellent. I wish we'd see Paige take the belt and feud with Sasha, but I expect they'll keep the belt on Charlotte until at least Royal Rumble.

Dolph Ziggler and Tyler Breeze are the exact same character. Except that Dolph is a mid carder that is stuck in the 80s. Who is suppose to be the heel here?

Del Rio vs Swagger with Colter in the background. It is like Del Rio never left! But I sure do wish he'd leave again. And take Swagger and Colter with him this time.

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
Funny you say that. The segment with Colter, Swagger, and Del Rio was honestly probably my favorite part of Raw last night. It's cool that the writers didn't completely ignore the fact that Colter was once aligned with Swagger in a pro-American group.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
People love to hate on John Cena, especially online. But his US Open Challenges were usually the highlight of every Raw for 4 or 5 months. Del Rio gets the title and we go right back to no one caring about the title at all. Del Rio sucks. Go back to whatever promotion that isn't on my TV.

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
If the rumors about Del Rio signing a million-dollar-plus contract are true, then he's not going anywhere any time soon. :)

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
If the rumors of Del Rio signing a multi-million contract are true, then this is the biggest waste of money WWE has ever done...as far as talent contracts are concerned.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Do they have a Mexican tour coming up or something.

MY85
Last I heard about the Del Rio contract thing, his price is actually less than 1M dollars. That'd make sense.

Still, they should have him defend the belt constantly like Cena did. Or if not, then give some reason as to why he wouldn't defend the belt constantly like Cena did. I guess Swagger will challenge Del Rio for the belt soon, and Del Rio is holding the belt until Cena returns, I guess.

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
From my understanding, the Del Rio contract pay out dispute goes like this:

1. Backstage sources tell Meltzer that it is a $1.4M guarantee plus royalties per year.

2. WWE contracts Meltzer and disputes this, while not giving an exact number claims the figure isn't even a third of that.

3. Backstage sources double down and guarantee to Meltzer that the $1.4M is accurate

Who knows, really. I honestly don't care. I expect top talent to be millionaires.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Cybrus
Nov 3 2015, 02:45 PM
Del Rio sucks.
I agree. He is a midcarder that gets where he is on the card simply because he is Hispanic and the WWE is so desperate for a Hispanic star. There has to be a better person out there...some where. The guy has zero charisma and no "It Factor" at all.

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
Spoiler: click to toggle

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
The round 1 brackets for the WWE Title tournament are pretty predictable. Actually, the entire tournament is pretty predictable. If this doesn't come down to Roman vs Ambrose in the finale, I'll be shocked. My pick is Roman turning to join Triple H.

Undertaker and Kane just took out the entire Wyatt Family themselves. Why would they need someone else for Survivor Series? Why I let myself get behind a Bray build each time when I know he'll just lose in the end. We didn't even make it to the next PPV before Bray lost his heat. :-/

Cybrus
Member Avatar
STAY HYPED!!!
Triple H is in recruitment mode tonight as he has been shown whispering to people in the tournament all night. This makes it look like there is guaranteed to be a turn on Sunday as someone joins Triple H. I can't help but wonder that if it comes down to Reigns vs Ambrosee, as most expect, and no one turns...would the crowd be disappointed when they have been conditioned to expect Triple H to select a new Champion for his stable?

MY85
Has Triple H had a segment with Ambrose or not yet? He was seen with Reigns, Owens and Del Rio. But not Ambrose, unless I'm mistaken. Probably Ambrose wins and turns?

BTW, no Sheamus tonight. Something happened to him or WWE will have him cash in?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply