Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
205 Live
Topic Started: Feb 20 2017, 02:35 AM (438 Views)
_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Anybody watch?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
What's that?

(No)

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
Sir Shorty
Feb 20 2017, 04:14 AM
What's that?

(No)
This

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
:lol:

It's the Crusierweight show. Not surprising, it's a Network only show. It comes on right after Smackdown.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
The joke zoomed right past you DL...right over your head. In one ear and out the other. :lol:

Kame

The show is definitely hit or miss. Neville is the best guy in the cruiserweight division, no doubt. Whenever Austin Aries is cleared to wrestle again, I hope he and Neville feud over the title. Akira Tozawa and Gran Metallik could also make for excellent challengers.

L69
Member Avatar

Been watching it as the CWC peaked my interest in what WWE would do with the like of Noam Dar, Zack Sabre Jnr and TJP. Unfortunately ZSJ opted not to sign and probably with good reason as the booking had been utterly terrible until Neville saved the day.

I think 205 Live and Cruisers just need a little more time to show what they can do, and for to give us fans a chance to invest in what the WWE are selling. I mean, the main push on the show has been Alica Fox (or Fuuuuuuuuurxxxxxxxxx as Dar called her!), which is sweet BS when you have such talented guys!

Neville vs A-Double will be a good feud if WWE handle it correctly, but hoping Neville pulls through and goes over at 'Mania (Hometown bias... it's strange having a guy who lived 10 minutes from me on worldwide TV).

The show just needs space to breathe and allow time for the characters to grow.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Haven't posted in this thread because I was trying to figure out the joke....Anywho...

205 Live is becoming one of my favorite WWE shows surprisingly. Ever since Neville came back and showed just how great of a heel he is, it's like everyone else decided to step up their game as well. With the addition of A Double, the show got even better.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
I will admit that I've watched a few episodes of 205 thanks to Aries.

Kame

Hearing today that Tozawa and Kendrick tore down the house last night. Knew I should've stayed up last night to watch that match.
Edited by Kame, May 24 2017, 02:24 PM.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
The street fight was dope, you should check it out.

Kame

411mania.com

Austin Aries recently appeared on Busted Open Radio (via wrestlezone.com). During his appearance Aries confirmed he has some nagging injuries at the moment and said that he’ll be taking some time off to “try and get my mind and my body right.”

“I’ve got some stuff going on, but just to be fair you could probably say that for a lot of the locker room. It’s kind of part of what we do, I don’t think anyone is ever 100%. So I got a couple things going on and obviously at this point it might be a good time to take a little break which really could consist of two days to just adjust some of those things, try and get my mind and my body right and then come back and figure out what’s gonna be next and what the direction’s gonna be.”

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
You could tell during his last match, that he wasn't 100% although it was still one of my favorite matches of Extreme Rules.

Kame

F4WOnline.com

The 205 Live roster will be hitting the road in January.

Just over a year after the series debuted, WWE made the announcement today that the first three 205 Live-exclusive house shows will be taking place across one weekend in January. All three venues that will be hosting the events are smaller buildings where NXT road shows have taken place.

Here's the schedule for the events:

January 19th -- The Ryan Center in Kingston, Rhode Island
January 20th -- The Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts
January 21st -- The Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York

Vince McMahon previously mentioned the idea of cruiserweight-only house shows on a conference call in February, but no timetable for them was given then. PWInsider reported that the 205 Live tours in January and potentially February will be an experiment by WWE to determine if it's a financially viable concept.

The cruiserweight division has had limited exposure on main roster house shows, with the champion usually defending against a challenger on the Raw events. If this works out, it would remove the cruiserweight matches from the Raw brand tours and enable the talent to work more often.

Tickets for the January shows are set to go on sale on December 8th at 10 a.m. Eastern time. Enzo Amore and Hideo Itami will be the key stars of the brand.
Maybe this is one final effort by WWE to see if anyone actually cares about 205 Live? I know I don't.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Yeah, I'm actually surprised they're even attempting this.

Maybe they can shoot episodes in this style, saving a ton of cost as opposed to live filming?

Kame

PWInsider.com

If you have paid attention to WWE's 205 Live series the last several weeks on the WWE Network, you may have noticed that the series feels far closer in essence to the Cruiserweight Classic tournament that spawned it than what has been the overall presentation of 205 Live itself over the last year.

There is a very good reason for that, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of last week's episode kicking off the tournament for the vacant WWE Cruiserweight championship, Vince McMahon has stepped aside and is no longer personally putting 205 Live together.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that the series is now being overseen by Triple H, who has brought back many of the hallmarks of the Cruiserweight Classic including the style and presentation of the Cruisers inside the ring. While Vince McMahon had been personally working with the 205 Live stars to bring out their personalities to present them in a certain light, there has been more a focus on the in-ring work and competition under Triple H's vision.

In recent months, there had been talk behind the scenes about why the brand wasn't firing on all cylinders. We are told that McMahon believed that a character-driven show was the best way to get the 205 Live brand over, as seen by his decision to have Enzo Amore shifted there and become the nucleus of the brand, since he was such a strong character.

While Enzo led to an uptick in viewership and interest (before being fired by the company), others in the company still argued that presenting 205 Live similar to how the Cruiserweight Classic was presented was the right way to go. The belief among those who pushed for a return to the CWC presentation was that having smaller talents echoing Raw and Smackdown personalities wasn't going to showcase what made the Cruisers different and unique and it wasn't going to help 205 Live grow beyond being an hour of WWE TV on the Network.

It should be noted that aspects of the CWC were dropped almost immediately from 205 Live after the series debuted, including personality packages that had been produced to introduce viewers to the performers that were almost immediately discarded.

McMahon finally made the decision to allow Triple H to take over as show runner two weeks ago in an attempt to reboot and fix the brand. While there's always a chance McMahon could place himself back in control (it is, after all, his company), the last two weeks of 205 Live have been compared by those behind the scenes to WWE NXT, in that Triple H has been the alpha and omega when it came to being the decision-maker for the product.

The lead writer for 205 Live is currently Jonathan Baeckstrom, who has been part of the company's creative team since August 2013. He's been working for the company as a lead writer since November 2016, coming into the company after working in talent management. Adam Pearce, the former NWA champion who transitioned into a WWE Performance Center Coach before being moved up to a Producer for the main roster, remains the lead Producer for the 205 Live brand.

We are also told that the vision seen the last several weeks is very much in line with the original plans for 205 Live series before Vince McMahon decided to get personally involved with the direction of the product and the nurturing of the 205 Live talents, who may end up being the last generation of talents McMahon worked with on a specific one-on-one basis to groom.

We are also told that 205 Live house shows are not off the table after the two test shows in Lowell, MA and Poughkeepsie, NY last month, but there are no current plans for additional live events at this time. Instead, the focus is going to be building the brand up by presenting strong athletic characters and in-ring competition before taking the brand back on the road for another experimental house show run.

So, if you enjoyed the likes of Hideo Itami vs. Roderick Strong last night, expect more of that in-ring style going forward as Strong was specifically brought up as a way to help freshen up the 205 Live roster and product - and there may be other additions in the weeks to come.

The first of those additions, WWE UK star Mark Andrews (who had a run with Impact prior to signing with WWE) will face Akira Tozawa next week. Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese is also set for next week's episode with both matches taking place as part of the Cruiserweight championship tournament.
If you're reading this, Hunter, please bring Pete Dunne to the CW Division. I want to see that man on as much WWE programming as possible.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
That's a good step moving forward. We have enough of the same on Raw and Smackdown, more like NXT.

MY85
It's a fabulous new day, yes it is!
I've been watching 205 lately after Enzo got fired. :lol:

Enjoyed Nese vs Gulak from last night's show.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Yeah, you definitely tell the past few weeks they've moved away from the character driven show as posted above.

Though honestly Drew Gulak had the best character going, and Nese was finding his mark, so I hope they don't do away with character stuff completely.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Buddy Murphy, what a great addition he made to the show.

Ever since Enzo go the boot, 205 has been firing on all cylinders.

I just wish Alexander would be getting more airtime since he's the champion after all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply