Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where did he go?
Topic Started: Mar 3 2017, 04:08 PM (3,280 Views)
Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
On the site it says it was on the 29th & 30th but it hasn't been updated since so it will probably be after the 4th of July Holiday before they do.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
So, I've taken a look at the Spartanburg County Seventh Judicial Circuit Public Index:

Quote:

Cases sent to the grand jury result either in the issuance of a True Bill, in which case prosecution may go forward...Cases with True Bills and those with a waiver of presentment then go to the General Sessions court.

His case has a True Bill date of 6/2/17. It also says Preliminary Hearing Indicted. Status - Pending Trial.

So, it appears that he had a preliminary hearing, was indicted and is awaiting trial. I'll keeping checking and see if they update it after the holidays.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
Thanks for the update.

Kame

Any updates?
Edited by Kame, Aug 11 2017, 01:00 AM.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
No. It could take a long time for him to go to trial if that's what happens. I believe the only other choice would be for him to plead guilty and be sentenced. That would only happen if they know he's going to be convicted and get some kind of deal on sentencing I would think.

Generally speaking, after being indicted, it could be like a year or so for the trial to actually start depending on all the legal actions taken with motions and such. :shrug:

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
So, I just looked on the court site and it appears that as of yesterday, the case is over. From what I read, of the 3 charges Cybrus was accused of, two were dropped in some kind of a plea deal I would guess. The official result is "Nolle Prosequi Indicted" which means

Quote:

Latin for "we shall no longer prosecute," which is a declaration made to the judge by a prosecutor in a criminal case (or by a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit) either before or during trial, meaning the case against the defendant is being dropped.

The third charge:Sex / Criminal sexual conduct with minor, 3rd degree Commit/Attempt Lewd act (victim under 16 yrs & actor over 14 yrs)

He pled guilty to. And was sentenced:

Quote:

10 yrs sus TS, 5 yrs Prob, CFTS 224 dys, Sex Registry, No contact w/(victims names) , Sex Offender Counseling, Must abide by PPP sex offender rules.

Which I believe means he is sentenced to 10 years but doesn't have to serve it upon completion of 5 years probation and time served. If he screws up in that 5 year time, he goes to jail.

But, I assume that means he is free now.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
That's gross. He deserves more time than that.

15 Shows
Aint cheatin aint tryin
Fuck that. He deserves to rot that creepy little fuck.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Sir Shorty

Child rape is second only to murder in terms of what prosecutors want on their resume. As a rule, they don't drop child rape cases, nor do they allow them to be downgraded, nor do they accept plea bargins unless there is a very good reason for doing so.

The fact that those most heinous charges were dropped in this case indicates that there was a deficiency of evidence. A deficiency of evidence, in 99.99% of cases, indicates strongly that the alleged act did not take place. The presence of a plea bargain does not alter that - no plea bargain would have been offered had there been sufficient evidence to convict on the more serious charges.

My friends, I would like us to take pause, and to add another addendum to that great 6SW Hall of Fame exhibit, entitled Times when Nubochanozep was correct.

Let us reflect on the following facts:

1. I implored you, in your obstinacy, to remember that a charge alone never indicates guilt. Let the record show that the guidance I offered you was correct, and just.

2. I implored you, in your prejudice, to remember that we must always regard the accused as innocent until proven guilty, lest we risk subjecting an innocent person to punishment that they may not end up deserving. Let the record show that the guidance I offered you was correct, and just.

3. I implored you, in your hellbent desire to make past acts fit present accusations with your cloudy retrospectacles, to exercise utmost caution when doing that, because there was always going to be a strong chance that Cybrus's past posts had absolutely no connection with the crimes he was recently accused of. Let the record show that the guidance I offered you was correct, and just.

=====

The zealousness with which almost all of you accepted the charges leveled against your former friend, before the trial even began, and without seeing a single piece of evidence, is a testament to the lack of humanity within your characters. The fact that almost all of you were vying to see his blood spilled, without the benefit of a trial or a review of the evidence, is despicable.

Now see here. I have no objection to placing pedophiles and child molesters in jail as a way to achieve a number of ends: rehabilitation, punishment, allowing time for victims to achieve some level of recovery, and probably a few other reasons I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Cybrus was clearly guilty of some crime. He now has a criminal record, release conditions, and a sex offender status that will make his life extraordinarily difficult. Deservedly so unless that conviction was mistaken. However extra-judicial punishment dished out by the melon-headed 6SW membership base will do nothing to help the victims of that crime, and it will do nothing to help Cybrus re-intergrate into society in a meaningful way.

I implore everyone here to admit that they were mostly wrong, and to admit that I was mostly right, and I implore everyone here to do what they can to help Cybrus re-integrate into society in a meaningful way.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Also, I wish to draw attention to the fact that you both suffer a deficiency of language.

Sir Shorty

Jimmy 15

Fuck that. He deserves to rot that creepy little fuck.

Neither of you seem to have adequately grasped the meaning of the term "deserve". Allow me to offer you access to lessons so that you can remedy this basic flaw.

Deserve means something along the lines of "X meets a set of criteria necessary before they are endowed with the right to Y". In this case, the phrase would go, "Cybrus meets the set of criteria necessary to be endowed with the right to rot/spend more time in jail."

Of course, that statement cannot be true, because a court of law (with access to facts and evidence that neither of you have seen) examined precisely whether Cybrus satisfied the criteria required to enjoy an extended stint in prison. It turned out he did not satisfy those criteria. So he does not deserve to rot, or to spend more time in prison, by any reasonable analysis.

I think I know what is going on. What you are both actually saying, is this: "that outcome is outrageous. my conception of a pedophile deserves far longer in prison than a 10 year suspended sentence + time served." Of course, that does not take stock of the fact that Cybrus is unlikely to match your conception of a pedophile in any meaningful way.

J.J.S.

And as you shall see, my sanctimonious attitude henceforth previously demonstrated in this thread has, and I quote, certainly and without any perfunctory shred of a doubt, been proven correct based on rules I myself laid out for victory. If you wish to discuss this issue any further good sir, I suggest we settle the debate in the form of a coin flip, the winning conditions of which will be determined thusly: if you shall choose heads, I win, and were you to predict that tails will appear in my hand, I too shall win.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Which part were you correct about? The part where you suggested that anyone who puts curtains over their windows is clearly guilty of crimes moste evile? Or maybe the part where you said "it's not looking good", despite not actually "looking" at any evidence related to the case?

Kame

So, how much longer will it be before Cybrus pops back up on here?

J.J.S.

Nubochanozep
Oct 10 2017, 01:06 AM
Which part were you correct about? The part where you suggested that anyone who puts curtains over their windows is clearly guilty of crimes moste evile? Or maybe the part where you said "it's not looking good", despite not actually "looking" at any evidence related to the case?
Yes.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Kame
Oct 10 2017, 01:08 AM
So, how much longer will it be before Cybrus pops back up on here?
I wonder if his sentence contained a provision that says he is to refrain from contact with minors anywhere, including social media? I have no idea if they can place that sort of condition upon someone.

Kame

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they prohibit him from using the Internet altogether for a good amount of time. Is his Facebook still dormant?

J.J.S.

He is more than likely prohibited from using the internet for the duration of his probation, as it would allow him to contact the victims and/or other minors. That's what happened to my brother (details earlier in the thread.)

15 Shows
Aint cheatin aint tryin
Wait. Hold on a second. Lets not get lost in Nebbys ramble of big words and self praise. Correct me if I'm wrong. He got charged. He's officially a sex offender. You really believe a deficiency of evidence means the alleged act didn't take place in 99% of cases? Lets not get it twisted he was accused of doing things to kids from 2005-now. Don't fuck around Nebby. He was accused and he was charged. Not because he's a stand up fella that got framed by little kids. But because he's a creepy little bitch that likes to fuck little girls. Innocent until proven guilty. When can we say he's been proven guilty.

I expect better from you Nebs.
Edited by 15 Shows, Oct 13 2017, 01:36 AM.

J.J.S.

He plead guilty. This doesn't always mean the person is actually guilty - perhaps the punishment for an outright guilty plea is more lenient than the potential punishment would be for losing a trial. But I'm inclined to believe that with three people coming forward against him and the assumption there was DNA evidence collected, he actually is guilty.

Not to mention he wasn't accused of possession of drugs, or burglary, or grand theft auto... he was accused of something that society generally believes you can't reform yourself from, and will stick with him for the rest of his life. I can't see someone as argumentative as Cybrus saying "Well yeah, I'll be viewed as a definite pedophile until the end of time, but at least I won't have to go to jail. I'll plead guilty."

Since there aren't many details, I'm going to say the dropped charges were in regards to the two women he allegedly sexually assaulted before 2016 because there wouldn't be much evidence to go by other than their word.

Also equating saying "He should have gotten more time" or "I wish he would rot" with "extrajudicial punishment" is kinda funny. Like Shorty and 15 Shows decided to build their own prison and lock Cybrus up in it.
Edited by J.J.S., Oct 13 2017, 04:33 AM.

15 Shows
Aint cheatin aint tryin
I didn't say I wish he would rot. I said he deserves to. Still stands true because he clearly fucked around with little kids that creepy fuck.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Listen guys, I studied law for a year, K? I gave it up because the field lacked moral fibre. Then I became a doctor.

Therefore I am right.

Also I am an immense human being.

Bow down to me.

15 Shows
Aint cheatin aint tryin
Nubochanozep
Oct 18 2017, 01:37 AM
Listen guys, I studied law for a year, K? I gave it up because the field lacked moral fibre. Then I became a doctor.

Therefore I am right.

Also I am an immense human being.

Bow down to me.
Jimothy, you are very smart. For that I bow. However I think the fact that you like Cybrus and want him to be innocent has made you use those brains to convince yourself he is. You have a desired outcome and you use reasoning and logic to convince yourself that this is the case. If you just stop and really think. And I don't mean "I studied law, so this means this, this equals that, the percentage of this usually means this." I mean actual common sense on this particular situation. You'll see that most likely, your boy DJ Rhodes is a fucking creep.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

I think you are convinced of his guilt because someone threw an accusation at him which the legal fraternity elected to test in court. You seem to think that means he is guilty of what he was accused of for that reason. You are mistaken.

First, the most serious cases are often presented to the court on a very low threshold of evidence. In all cases, the threshold of bringing a case before the court is lower than the threshold required to establish guilt. That is to say, the system is designed so that some innocent people are forced to go to court, so that almost all of the guilty people may be caught. Obviously if - by design - some innocent people are hauled before the court, then all of those people charged are not guilty.

Second, a prosecutor has to bring the case before the court. Prosecutors will only do that if a) there is a reasonable chance that someone might be guilty, or b) there is a strong public interest in bringing the case before the court. In the case of child sex crimes, there is an IMMENSE pressure on the prosecution to bring cases before the court. Almost everyone accused of that sort of thing goes to court. The prosecution would have been scratching for any sort of evidence to convict Cybrus. They would have been desperate to send him to jail. The fact that the dropped the charges, despite the overwhelming pressure they would have been under, and despite their absolute desire to send him to jail, indicates that there must have been MASSIVE problems with the evidence against Cybrus.

It is unreasonable to state that Cybrus is guilty of the accusations made against him at this point. To continue to go down that path is unreasonable in the extreme.

Jimmy 15, you are my protege, and I expect better of you.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Also that sticky thread on the forum main page about Cybrus should either be updated, or taken down.

15 Shows
Aint cheatin aint tryin
What would be the point of 2 girls coming forward from 10 years ago accusing him of sexual assault? They have nothing to gain. Cybrus ain't some rich celebrity. Regardless if he's guilty or innocent of the crimes he's being accused of. He's guilty of something. Therefore the label of a creepy little bitch is not unreasonable. He's gotten involved with underage girls in some fashion on multiple occasions. He's not registering himself as a sex offender because she's completely innocent and he's been framed lol.

Come on Neb. I know you wanna throw all the legal stuff at me to show ur smarts. But just be real.

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

Jimmy15, I will firstly correct a few errors that you have made.

Error #1

What would be the point of 2 girls coming forward from 10 years ago accusing him of sexual assault?

It is misleading to suggest that these two children "came forward" in any reasonable sense of that phrase. Unless my memory fails me, only the most recent child came forward, in the context of a hospital visit. The other two were found later. Presumably, only after the police paid them a visit for the express reason of asking them about this crime.

Error #2

They have nothing to gain. Cybrus ain't some rich celebrity.

I agree. However, the fact that they didn't have anything to gain does not mean that there was nothing else which could have driven the accusation. There is a litany of other things that could have led those children to make the accusations.

Look at this thread. The vast majority of you were convinced of his guilt based solely on the fact that he was accused.

Suppose for a moment that the parents of these children were like you guys. Suppose they were convinced of Cybrus's guilt based solely on the fact that he had been accused of something. Is it possible that these parents had some influence over their children, and the accusations they made?

Suppose for a moment that the police were like you guys. Suppose they were hellbent on sending this pedophile to prison, because they believed he was guilty based on someone else's accusation. Is it possible that these police officers had some influence over the parents and the children, and the accusations that were made?

EDIT: I'm not suggesting that either of these two scenarios is true. They might be - they might not be. I am saying that there are other foreseeable reasons, beyond a monetary claim, which could drive people to make accusations.

======

Now see here. You are getting into the habit of pointing out the fact that Cybrus is guilty of something, as if I missed that small fact. These efforts are unnecessary, for I am omniscient.

Since we were updated on the situation, I have maintained a few simple points. I will state them again, for everyone's benefit.

#1: Every member of this website who assumed that Cybrus was guilty needs to reflect on their knee-jerk reactions. You are all lucky in some sense - this time the only consequence of your collective idiocy was having to endure a stern lecturing by me. Next time, your haste and bloodlust might land an innocent person in jail, or at the centre of vigilante mob violence.

#2: Cybrus is guilty of something. The exact nature of his crime will probably never come to light in a public forum. However bearing in mind the fact that he was found not guilty of the most serious charges, and the fact that HE IS OUT OF PRISON ALREADY, indicates that the nature of his crime was probably at the very, very mild end of the criminal spectrum.

#3: There is nothing to be gained from saying, or believing that "he deserved longer ra ra ra, i wanted to see him rot." In the event that he turns up again, the very best thing that we can all do is to be civil, to listen, and to be kind. A lifetime of bullying and harassment is not going to help his victims, it is not going to help him, and it will not prevent crimes against children in the future.

#4: I was right. This is unsurprising, given that I am magnetically attracted to the truth. Everything that I say is gold. You could pay down a mortgage based on the value of the things that I say.
Edited by Nubochanozep, Oct 21 2017, 03:35 PM.

15 Shows
Aint cheatin aint tryin
"He is guilty of something". That's all I needed to hear. Everything else you said doesn't matter to me. That "something " is something involving underage kids. Regardless of the level. He's a creep. And will get everything except kindness from me if he returns

Nubochanozep
Member Avatar

There are shades of grey in every aspect of life Jimmy 15. What's worse - someone who rapes a child, or someone who sexually exposes themselves in front of a child? Someone who kills in self-defense, or someone who kills for pleasure? If you had a choice between sending to jail one pedophile and letting fifty go free, or sending fifty to jail and letting one go free, which would you choose?

The "everything or nothing" ethics that you pretend to subscribe to is dangerous, and it is the sort of thinking that leads to absurd, non-common sense based conclusions.
Edited by Nubochanozep, Oct 22 2017, 10:27 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Thunderdome · Next Topic »
Add Reply