Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Neville rumored to have requested his release
Topic Started: Oct 11 2017, 01:45 AM (170 Views)
Kame

411mania.com
 
Neville is rumored to have requested his release at Raw on Monday, and a new report says that there appears to be some truth to the situation. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that while they have not been able to officially confirm the information, they asked their sources in the company about the report and most people say that there does appear to be some level of truth to the claim. More details are not available yet.

Neville was initially set to lose to Enzo Amore in the main event match on Raw, which was a lumberjack match. Instead, plans changed after Neville apparently walked out before the show. Kalisto got the spot and won the championship. PWInsider had previously reported that Neville was supposed to be in the match but that it was changed to Kalisto because WWE had ” written themselves into a corner” after Neville lost out on a title shot because he assaulted Enzo a few weeks back. Kalisto’s win was also done to tie into Eddie Guerrero’s fiftieth birthday.

It is not known whether the release was granted or not.
If this news is true, I'm going to very much miss seeing Neville in a WWE ring. Nevertheless, I'm sure he will be fine wherever he decides to go post-WWE.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

411mania.com
 
According to PWinsider.com, here is the latest on the Neville/WWE story, which contradicts the original report and update from this morning…

* The reports of Neville walking out on Raw are said to be incorrect. PWinsider claims that Neville was not on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

* The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed over the course of the day when someone voiced that Neville couldn’t get a title shot due to the current storyline. There was talk of the match being made non-title, but then it was revealed that Neville wouldn’t be there so the change to Kalisto was made. This was to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero’s birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

* The site says two sources said that Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. One source claimed a point of frustration was being left off of the WrestleMania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

* Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. There is a chance the sides could reconcile; there are no plans to use his moving forward.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kame

411mania.com
 
In the latest newsletter for The Wrestling Observer (via StillRealToUs), Dave Meltzer has an update on Neville, who is previously rumored as asking for his release from WWE. According to the latest report from Meltzer, the former WWE Cruiserweight champion is said to be “100% gone” from WWE.

WWE has previously denied the story of Neville requesting his release. It’s unknown if WWE is trying to appear as if nothing is wrong or trying to wait things out to see if the situation with the former champion turns out any better.

Meltzer also reportedly stated during a recent edition of The Wrestling Observer Radio show on the Superstar, “He’s gotta work out– [Neville and WWE have to] work out the release and what terms they give him for his release and everything like that. I don’t know anything new on that more than that.”

Recently, Enzo Amore bragged at a house show about making Neville “quit.”
Man, Neville not being in WWE anymore sucks so hard. I feel like the cruiserweight division is going to fall apart without him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply