Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly TV/Movie/Book Discussion?
Topic Started: Jan 27 2018, 02:02 AM (160 Views)
_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
I know we all have a busy and hectic life schedule, but maybe we can all pick a TV or movie or book and do a weekly discusison on it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Coming Through
I recently read Ready Player One and Artemis. Has anyone read either of those Books?

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Glad this took off.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
I don't have a lot of time to read these days.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Hmmmmmm. Maybe movie? 2 hours out of the week at the most?

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
Still not as easy as you would think, especially with 3 toddlers running around. :lol:

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
That's true :lol:

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
I'm willing to try tho. As long as its on Netflix, Hulu, or prime, I'll try to watch the movie!

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
Purple Marauder
Jan 27 2018, 02:35 AM
I recently read Ready Player One and Artemis. Has anyone read either of those Books?
I've been wanting to read Ready Player One for a while. Hope to get around to it soon.

Why doesn't someone choose a movie on Netflix? I say Netflix because I feel like that's the one streaming service that pretty much everyone seems to have.
Edited by Kame, Feb 13 2018, 12:55 AM.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
Kame
Feb 13 2018, 12:55 AM
Purple Marauder
I've been wanting to read Ready Player One for a while. Hope to get around to it soon.
I really liked it. I hope the movie lives up to the book. Unsure how many pop culture characters they will have the rights too so it has me a bit worried.

SpaceOdyssey
Member Avatar

Purple Marauder
I've read The Martian but havn't got around to reading Artemis yet. Is it good?

I'm also up for this, a movie or TV show would probably work best rather than waiting for everyone to read a book though.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
SpaceOdyssey
Feb 13 2018, 02:56 AM
Purple Marauder
I've read The Martian but haven't got around to reading Artemis yet. Is it good?
I liked the characters in Artemis a lot. The story was a bit hit or miss for me because there was a lot of explaining physics and such about living on the moon and how things worked on the moon. It was a heist story so a lot of the things they were trying to do to pull off the heist got lengthy explanations of how it worked...on the moon. But it was decent.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
Someone pick a movie.

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King

Let's watch Bright, yeah? Everyone has until next Tuesday, the 20th, to check it out.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
That's a good choice...

Spoiler: click to toggle

SpaceOdyssey
Member Avatar

Purple Marauder
Feb 13 2018, 05:08 AM
I liked the characters in Artemis a lot. The story was a bit hit or miss for me because there was a lot of explaining physics and such about living on the moon and how things worked on the moon. It was a heist story so a lot of the things they were trying to do to pull off the heist got lengthy explanations of how it worked...on the moon. But it was decent.
A friend at work said similar things, to be fair I normally quite enjoy the detailed explanations so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Just waiting for the paperback release in the summer now :lol:

Bright, nice, been wanting to watch that!

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Alright, Bright it is!

How long of a window does everyone need? Does 2 weeks work? Or we can just make it a monthly thing where we choose at the beginning of the month, then discuss at the end.

Purple Marauder
Member Avatar
I'd say pick one a month like a book club. That way everyone has plenty of time. So Bright is the February movie (a little less time to start with) and on the 1st of March we post discussions for a week or so. Then we decide on the March movie and you have until the end of March to see it. Then on April 1, we start discussing...etc, etc

Yes? No? Maybe?

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
Sounds great to me!

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
:tu:

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
OK, word. Disregard what I said about watching Bright by tomorrow then.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Yeah, just want to accommodate everyone who wants to participate as best we can.

Kame
Member Avatar
The Demon King
So, I expected Bright to be a complete dud based upon its 27% Rotten Tomatoes rating. As it turns out, I ended up enjoying the movie far more than I thought I would.

A few notes:

Would the Bright story have made for a better comic book series than a movie? Probably, but this was a fun watch, in my opinion. Likable characters, solid acting, and an interesting plot.

:fullstar: :fullstar: :fullstar: :emptystar: :emptystar:
Edited by Kame, Feb 23 2018, 03:18 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Arts & Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply