Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
W E L C O M E      G U E S T S

Welcome to 6 Star Wrestling. We are a small community of dedicated wrestling fans. Our forum members range from new to the product to 20+ years of viewer knowledge of the product.

We discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, WCW, and various other wrestling companies. Regardless if you have just watched your first wrestling show or if you have been following wrestling your entire life, I guarantee that you'll find someone to have an in-depth and enjoyable conversation with.

We also have discussions that are not related to wrestling. We discuss movies, music, news, play games, and do all sorts of fun and interesting things. So even if you are not a wrestling fan, we can guarantee you'll find something to keep your interest while you are here.

Feel free to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook with the links below!

Please enjoy,
The 6 Star Community

Register your free account today!

http://6starwrestling.net

http://twitter.com/6StarWrestling

http://facebook.com/6StarWrestling

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fastlane Discussion Thread; SDL PPV
Topic Started: Jan 31 2018, 03:20 AM (212 Views)
_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Posted Image

SDL's Fastlane

Posted Image
WWE Championship Poison Six Pack Match

Posted Image
SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs. The New Day

Posted Image
SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ruby Riott

Posted Image
United States Championship Match
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Randy Orton

Posted Image
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev

Posted Image
Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella

Card Subject To Change
Edited by _DL_, Mar 10 2018, 10:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Card updated.

_DL_
Member Avatar
BURN IT DOOOWWNNNNNNNN!
Of all the matches, pairing Naka with Rusev was the absolute worst choice.

He might actually get boo'd for beating Rusev.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
I actually really enjoyed Rusev v Nakamura. It was good.

Sir Shorty
Member Avatar
2012 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
I actually liked this PPV. Not too bad of a show to be honest. Some good decent matches, some nice spots to help build WM a little bit. Like people have mentioned, it's tough to put on a decent PPV with WM right around the corner and with a lot of the WM card already written up.

I'll start with the pre-show match. Breezango and Dillinger v Shelton, Gable, and Mojo. I was praying that Breezango and Dillinger would win this match. First of all, I can't stand Mojo at all. I was very delighted that the crowd chanted "You can't wrestle" at him....because it's true. He can't wrestle, at all. Plus, I'm just not much of a fan of the tag team of Shelton and Gable. But this was a good preshow match, not bad at all. WWE needs to do more with all of these wrestlers (except Mojo) as they're all pretty damn entertaining. Good win for Breezango and Dillinger that means nothing.

The opening match on the main card was awesome. I loved it. The crowd being split on the two was exactly how I felt. We all knew that Shinsuke was going to get the win because it wouldn't make much sense to have your #1 Contender for the WWE title lose at all until his big match at WM. Despite that, it was pretty entertaining. I love both of these wrestlers and hopefully they start to do more with Rusev. He's just so damn awesome right now. Great match, probably my second favorite of the night.

The US title match I thought dragged on for to long. I was bored most of the match but I'm thinking it's because of Orton. Like, I just couldn't get into this match no matter how hard I tried. It was incredibly slow for the first 15 minutes of their damn near 20 minute match. Though I did miss the RKO out of nowhere as I was talking to my wife's friend and we all missed it. Great finish though. We were all pretty shocked to see Orton win the title as I would have assumed they'd keep the title on Bobby a bit longer but I hope they don't start playing hot potato with the title. I liked that after Jinder came down to take out Orton, that Bobby still got the better of all of them. Not only did he take out Jinder but him picking up Orton for a Glorious DDT was pretty sweet too. Looks like we'll be getting at least a triple threat match at WM for the US title...yay... -_-

I predicted Natty and Carmela winning this match, mainly because I thought that they need to try and keep Carmela looking decently strong within the next few weeks, due to her being the MITB winner. I do think that she will cash in at WM, but I think it's going to be against Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss though as she makes her move to Raw. They gotta have a big cash in for the first MITB reign of the women's division, so what better place than WM during the Raw women's match with nobody expecting it. I figure Carmela can hold the title and keep it warm until they build up Ronda enough...if they can.

I thought this was going to be match of the night with the Usos v The New Day, I figured the Usos were going to win and then the BB would come out to take them out...but I think this was even better. Prior to the interference though, I enjoyed it. Both teams are so good together, it's awesome. Both teams taking pages out of each other's playbooks was fun too. The beating that was put on them was great though. Made Harper and Rowan look f***ing amazing. That powerbomb on the stairs...got damn man. Kudos to Woods for taking that bump...ouch.

Charlotte and Ruby was a good but predictable match. Ruby still looks a tad bit nervous or raw...I dunno the right word. Like there were a few spots where you could tell she was being either very careful not to mess up the spot or that she wasn't too comfortable. Mainly talking about the dive to the outside she did...it looked pretty bad. But her moveset is pretty decent. She's definitely got the potential to be champ one of these days. But this was a pretty predictable outcome as we all knew Charlotte v Asuka was going to be the match at WM.

Although, I will say, I wasn't expecting Asuka to appear at Fastlane but I'm glad it did. I was thinking she was going to make an appearance on SDL to challenge her but this was 10 times better. She didn't even need to say anything either. Point to the sign (just once, not 63 times like Ronda) and then walk out without saying anything. Great spot, got me hyped for that match.

And finally, the 6 pack challenge...great match. Some good story telling as well. The beginning was...a bit odd. Like, if they only did 1 AA or even 2, sure. But if I'm anyone who just watched two people get AA'd, I'm not going to run straight into one...I know, it was needed in order for the spot to happen when everyone.....BEAT UP JOHN CENA! But this was a great match like I said. Some near falls and close finishes that had casual fans thinking....is AJ really going to lose before Mania? My wife, who was wanting Dolph to win, was on the edge of her seat as was her friend who was wanting her bae Cena to win. The AA to Styles through the table was sweet, the Dolph/Corbin stuff outside the ring into the crowd was pretty good. The story that Sami, KO, and Shane told was pretty good but infuriating (just the way they wanted it). I thought they could have done the bit of Sami laying down for Kevin a bit differently but I still enjoyed it greatly. I figured that Kevin would actually cover Sami but Sami was then going to reverse it into a roll up pin after a 2 count for Kevin...but I was still satisfied.

My wife was actually upset with Shane for screwing both Sami and Kevin though, so that was fun to witness, hahaha. But a great finish. We got to see a Styles Clash to Cena, which is always awesome. AJ coming out of nowhere with a Phenomenal Forearm was sweet. Though, I couldn't help but feel like they were missing something after the match. You see Sami and KO on the outside shocked and pissed with Shane smirking and walking by them. You see Cena in the corner of the ring disappointed...I thought something else should of happened but I'm not even sure what though.

All in all, a pretty decent PPV for a pretty predictable card. Gotta give credit to the wrestlers for making it as entertaining as they possibly could. Tough to do during this time of the year.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »
Add Reply