Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Idaho Virtualization Laboratory; Footprints Archive
Topic Started: Dec 28 2011, 05:03 PM (738 Views)
GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
http://ivl.imnh.isu.edu/VOF/default.htm

This is pretty interesting. You can click on a cast with your mouse and rotate it 360 degrees on both the X and Y axis.

I guess I've heard about it, but never knew what anyone was talking about.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
This IS interesting, though I do hope they get funding to complete the database info. It's hard to tell size in that virtual library.

I looked at only 3 different casts, but something I noticed in all 3 is that the toe imprints are deeper than the rest of the foot. A question for those who have practiced casting using their own feet, did you find this to be true of your own foot? I realize there are different explanations, but it seems odd that in 3 random casts the same phenomenon appears.

Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, we have found that JC. It depends on what substrate the track is in. Firmer ground obviously doesn't sink in as much, and you can't really distinguish much of a difference in depths. In a softer substrate though, it definitely shows up. When the creature is stepping out, the weight moves forward. It's concentrated on the front part of the foot and that's when the toes indent more. In SOME of the tracks, not in all though.

Does that make sense? Not sure if I described it very well.

Edited by Pat, Aug 31 2013, 09:52 AM.

Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
The above link is not working. Is there a new link to the Virtualization Lab?

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]

Well, the Virtualization Laboratory site is still out there, but I couldn't find anything on this project available? I don't know what that means.

I understand what you're saying Pat. What I was asking is for those who have done casting of their own foot (human), did this same thing show up?

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image[/URL]

Just seeing if I can post pictures. This is one of my footprint finds near Mt St Helens. It is over 17 inches long. I showed it to Dr Meldrum at a conference and he wanted the cast. I did not have casting materials with me and did not cast it.
Edited by Hikergirl, Jan 18 2015, 11:56 AM.

whatzupdoc42
[ * ]
I have never had the pleasure of finding any tracks myself, but speaking as a person that enjoys the outdoors and currently a BSA Scoutmaster...I do not carry the materials with me to even cast one if I found one. Oh I would take a couple of snap shots and use a measuring tape measure to capture the size...but it would be awesome to actually see one first hand.

For the record I am of the camp, that a dead body of a Bigfoot would end the issues. The DNA testing and medical investigation on the corpse would be amazing science. Then everyone and their mother would be out looking for one. The so called Scientists that say this isn't real would shut up and the real science to find them would begin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Prints, Tracks, Casts, Etc. · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone