Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sometimes There are Regrets; Feb. 27, 2012
Topic Started: Feb 26 2012, 05:24 PM (839 Views)
GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
http://thebigfooteryenquirer.wordpress.com/author/thebigfooteryenquirer/

Quote:

Sometimes There are Regrets

February 27, 2012 by thebigfooteryenquirer

In mobilizing the troops this evening a lament erupted. The lament is that our posts sometimes help the bigfoot carnival barkers strengthen their playbook. We see them mastering the art of pulling the victim card. We see them employing the intellectually dishonest approach of presenting bigfoot gevidenceh on their bigfoot website or blog but sayin they are not sayin it is bigfoot and we will let the masses decide. The masses have drank the juice, we and they know how that little swerve works. We see them use the hype machine marketing approach when conference time rolls around, start with something to energize the base early to get that sector committed, then tease out some more, and then drop another hype bomb about two weeks before the big event. Wefve seen it, wefve reported it, bigfoot carnival barkers have copied it. And sometimes, like today, we see all three get wrapped up in a neat little bigfootery package.

After a few weeks of hyping the event, a picture was published today. Those drunk on the bigfoot punch just sucked it up. We did some studying and think it is hooooo-eeey. And it is not the itfs too good line you sometimes hear. Our issue is it is just not right, it doesnft pass the smell test.

Why? For starters the field of depth just does not look right for a trail camera, which was the reported device. It literally looks like a bigfoot wedged into a space about as wide as it is. The drama queen also purports to have multiple pictures, so this thing stumbled by a conventional flash trail cam multiple times. As we have said before, bigfoot are like the Amish, no pictures please. We have used them to run em off during OOPS with some success, actually it seems it POfd em as they trashed the thing. We are calling multiple uses of the carnival barker bigfooter strategems on this one.

A little digging ensued during the meeting, people were dispatched to gather up more info on trail cams and depth of field. What we found:

Most manufacturers will admit that the effective close range of a trail cam is 5Œ
Most will also admit that inside 10Œ one gets a fairly dramatic flash white out. There are new ones that are better, but this picture supposedly is four years old and thus a few evolutions of trail cam technology ago. FWIW a color trail cam was pretty darn expensive back then.
Most trail cams have a fixed focal length of 42 mm. With digital sensors, this means the lense/sensor technology roughly matches that of a conventional 35 mm. This fixed focal length thing is important.
When we put the numbers for the size of the object and the distance to the object, the focal length calculation is well outside the capability of a fixed 42 mm focal length camera.
We started this post days ago and just did not have the time to get back to it. Since that time a possible contender for the suit du jour has appeared, and some back pedaling on it being a trail camera has been issued. Itfs now a 35 mm camera with a zoom lens. That story is almost as ridiculous as then you have someone outside, perched higher than the subject in the picture, at night, in relative proximity to a beast using a flash attachment. And there is a claim of multiple pictures.

We are calling bigfootery bull crap on this one. Best explanation is the craving to be adored by this particular DDQ (dysfunctional drama queen) and pre-conference season hype that is right out of our bigfoot carnival barker handbook. Now we have opened the table for the victim card, perhaps a mistake but someone needs to call BS when it is BS. And herefs the best part, they really do not care if it is real or legit because it is about what we mentioned earlier in the paragraph; hype, being a gbrave and beloved bigfoot researcherh, gathering some notoriety and putting butts in seats, and telling those butts which seats are where they need to be.

Our predictions: Weeks of new developments, new experts, revealing interviews if she can keep people interested in it and not get blown out by issues with the picture. Perhaps with a guest appearance by the photographer at a paying event.

Either completely ignoring those that are saying BS, or a long, heart-felt essay on how tough it is being a real researcher.

Drama and bigfootery will continue to ensue. And we will lament that we give those too dense to figure it out with a bigfoot carnival barker playbook and tips.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Hmmmmmmmmmm, intriguing...... I think I know who and what they are talking about but am not sure. Any idea who writes this blog? You can PM me if you want.

Paulw
Member Avatar
Camo Junkie
[ *  *  * ]
After everything she put us(some of us at least) through a few years ago...I am completely enjoying this. I know....that's not the noble thing to do..but sorry, she deserves it.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
I agree...... what goes around, comes around. Eventually payback comes and bites you on the ass......HARD

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
I don't think noble really has anything todo with it Paul IMHO, its just if somebody hurts you and it comes back round its karma. Its totally human to enjoy it a bit, if you didn't I'd say you where totally devowed of emotions, and I'd be a bit worried then.

I'm enjoying this also..No she's never done anything to me, I'm too well hid, its the shit shes put others through that I've read which......well..you know.

got'a love karma.

I've always enjoyed that blog however, due to the intelligent and succulent writing style (I wish I could write like that) who ever it is, is truly a smart guy or gal. :okay

Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
Paulw
Feb 26 2012, 07:23 PM
After everything she put us(some of us at least) through a few years ago...I am completely enjoying this. I know....that's not the noble thing to do..but sorry, she deserves it.
Yes she deserves it, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Instead the photo has become synonymous with her name, as if she actually took it herself and is somehow responsible for it's existance.

Instead, people seem to be applauding her for her "find". Nobody seems to care that it's a fake. Or that she's trying to hedge her bets ... here's this photo and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it one way or the other ... yeah sure.

Instead, she's rubbing her hands in glee, seeing it as a perfect vehicle to catapult her into the bf elite stratosphere. Lecture circuit, here I come! Further inflating her already gargantuan ego. And her friends are helping her get there.

Nice.

These are the rewards for sleeping with a certain bigfoot TV personality back in the day. Get a svengali on your side, and you conquer the bf world, no matter how creepy you are. It just keeps getting better and better.

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Pat
Apr 16 2012, 08:51 AM
Paulw
Feb 26 2012, 07:23 PM
Yes she deserves it, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Instead the photo has become synonymous with her name, as if she actually took it herself and is somehow responsible for it's existance.

Instead, people seem to be applauding her for her "find". Nobody seems to care that it's a fake. Or that she's trying to hedge her bets ... here's this photo and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it one way or the other ... yeah sure.

Instead, she's rubbing her hands in glee, seeing it as a perfect vehicle to catapult her into the bf elite stratosphere. Lecture circuit, here I come! Further inflating her already gargantuan ego. And her friends are helping her get there.

Nice.

These are the rewards for sleeping with a certain bigfoot TV personality back in the day. Get a svengali on your side, and you conquer the bf world, no matter how creepy you are. It just keeps getting better and better.

The photo has been around for five years and sent to two others as well one being Tom Biscardi rumor has it. Its not hers and that will not change.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Regardless if it's a hoax or was sent to other people, she will use it for all she can get out of it. That's the real point here.

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Pat
Apr 16 2012, 10:34 PM
Regardless if it's a hoax or was sent to other people, she will use it for all she can get out of it. That's the real point here.

And its not hers and never was.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yep it isn't and never was.

So she's a person who has absolutely no ethics or scruples. She will do ANYTHING to get what she wants, no holds barred. She'll take a photo that is really a hoax, that isn't hers, that she has no permission to use, and will use it as a vehicle to elevate her name to loftier heights. She will take it on the lecture circuit. She doesn't care if it's not hers, nor if it's real or hoax. It's merely a tool to get her to a certain place within the bigfooting landscape, a place that she covets.

But this kind of behaviour isn't new. From day one of her days in this bf world she has been working diligently to insinuate herself in with the "in-crowd" and make a name for herself.

The very first year she was involved in the subject, she attended the 2004 Texas conference. She met up with some very big names at that conference, and became very chummy with a certain man/tv personality/lecturer/photographer/track caster there. The next morning she bragged to two high placed women at that conference that she had just spent the night with him.

I know this because both of them told me this.

They're supposedly surprised (he's a married man), but he's their friend, so they overlook it. The fact is, he is known for this kind of behaviour behind-the-scenes, and to them she's just another one of many. It does not in any way change their support of him nor his friendship status with them. Nor does it negatively impact the way they treat this newcomer/skank.

No. In fact, because of her association with their tv personality/photographer friend, they decide to HELP her in all that she wishes to achieve. He also helps her, taking her under his wing and mentoring her. Fancy that!

Not only that, but one of these women who has some degrees and runs a large group, decides that this skank is worthy of giving advice to and helps her to get insinuated into many situations, including being on a tv show that both of them participate in and that the man-in-question produces. The degreed woman lets the skank into the large group she runs, plus moderates on the skanks forum. All the while degree woman is telling me that she disapproves of the way she's behaving.

Along the way, the skank starts a blog. On this blog, her lies and bile against those who have seen through her comes bubbling up to the top all the time and spews all over people. The degreed woman knows she spouts crap. But hey ... who cares. Because that degreed woman has been into some seedy unscrupulous stuff herself. Lots of it. Behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the skank has been up to many dirty things, a long list. One of her standard techniques was, she used bigfooting as her dating service (well more like screwing service), humping her way around the backwaters to make "friends". She made a loud deal of it at one group bbq campout in the south with a guy she had only spoken to via emails and just met on that day in person ... noisy sex to the point where others with children in nearby tents had to up and move their whole set-ups away to protect the children from the sounds that were coming out of her tent.

Meantime, she's also been very busy making sure that she cultivated lots of "relationships", even if they were just titillating emails between friends. She has made many allies in various locations who blindly support her (they mostly are just as lowlife as she is).

And she continues to blindly support the first tv personality/photo guy's every idiotic or arrogant statement about photography, casting tracks, etc., ad nauseum, things she knows nothing about, but pretends she does. Continues to keep him in her corner.

Another bunch in her corner are from Texas. One of them was her female partner when she was a member there. They are thick as can be, and are alike too, the female partner having few scruples of her own, a penchant for seduction (even with married men) and some nasty attitude. That woman also helped greatly to elevate the skank's level in this field, and also moderates her forum.

Then there's the eastern states bunch, all good buddies of her, who take her side on every lowlife issue that she's associated with. Doesn't matter what it is, if she's stroked their male egos, they follow her like lap dogs. In this way, she's insinuated herself into the ranks of those who run many well known groups and forums around the bigfooting world, and has made just the right connections to allow her to do just about whatever she wants and get away with it ...

... like ... making a photo public that she was never given permission to use, putting her own copyright on it, and promoting it as evidence when it isn't ... and people in that culture (worshiping a skank) have taken up the cause and are giving her a stage to promote herself because the photo is now known as the "Melissa Hovey photo" !

So she's now achieved what she wanted to do. She's made a "name" for herself. She's a star.

And those who are in positions of so-called respectability in this field have been promoting her and helping her along FOR YEARS. How ludicrous is that? What it tells me is ... those so-called respectable people have no ethics nor scruples either. Their standards are as low as hers and always have been. But many of us already knew that from our own personal dealings with those people. Many of us had already been scarred by them. Have had to endure the behind-the-scenes battles with them, seen their underhanded actions, and watched the rest of the community continue to embrace those people as if they are all wonderful, all-the-while knowing the real truth.

As far as this Creature Conference is concerned, it's good to see that at least one very respected speaker who was scheduled to talk has backed out. Good to know that someone is sorta taking a stand, at least by deciding to not participate.

Meanwhile, though, she continues on her rampage of coersion and subtrafuge, stroking people who believe her lies and creating a whole new audience of people who adore her and don't know what she really is. And the new audience doesn't know how unscrupulous her friends are either.

Edited by Pat, Apr 18 2012, 09:39 AM.

Redwolf
Not to be messed with. Seriously.
[ *  *  * ]

thumb

Jaylee
Member Avatar
Southern-fried Sweet n' Sassy
[ *  *  * ]
Excellent post Pat. Thank you for putting it into words. thumb

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Pat
Apr 18 2012, 09:02 AM

So she's a person who has absolutely no ethics or scruples. She will do ANYTHING to get what she wants, no holds barred. She'll take a photo that is really a hoax, that isn't hers, that she has no permission to use, and will use it as a vehicle to elevate her name to loftier heights. She will take it on the lecture circuit. She doesn't care if it's not hers, nor if it's real or hoax. It's merely a tool to get her to a certain place within the bigfooting landscape, a place that she covets.

But this kind of behaviour isn't new. From day one of her days in this bf world she has been working diligently to insinuate herself in with the "in-crowd" and make a name for herself.

The very first year she was involved in the subject, she attended the 2004 Texas conference. She met up with some very big names at that conference, and became very chummy with a certain man/tv personality/lecturer/photographer/track caster there. The next morning she bragged to two high placed women at that conference that she had just spent the night with him.

They're supposedly surprised (he's a married man), but he's their friend, so they overlook it. The fact is, he is known for this kind of behaviour behind-the-scenes, and to them she's just another one of many. It does not in any way change their support of him nor his friendship status with them. Nor does it negatively impact the way they treat this newcomer/skank.

No. In fact, because of her association with their tv personality/photographer friend, they decide to HELP her in all that she wishes to achieve. He also helps her, taking her under his wing and mentoring her. Fancy that!

Not only that, but one of these women who has some degrees and runs a large group, decides that this skank is worthy of giving advice to and helps her to get insinuated into many situations, including being on a tv show that both of them participate in and that the man-in-question produces. The degreed woman lets the skank into the large group she runs, plus moderates on the skanks forum. All the while degree woman is telling me that she disapproves of the way she's behaving.

Along the way, the skank starts a blog. On this blog, her lies and bile against those who have seen through her comes bubbling up to the top all the time and spews all over people. The degreed woman knows she spouts crap. But hey ... who cares. Because that degreed woman has been into some seedy unscrupulous stuff herself. Lots of it. Behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the skank has been up to many dirty things, a long list. One of her standard techniques was, she used bigfooting as her dating service (well more like screwing service), humping her way around the backwaters to make "friends". She made a loud deal of it at one group bbq campout in the south with a guy she had only spoken to via emails and just met on that day in person ... noisy sex to the point where others with children in nearby tents had to up and move their whole set-ups away to protect the children from the sounds that were coming out of her tent.

Meantime, she's also been very busy making sure that she cultivated lots of "relationships", even if they were just titillating emails between friends. She has made many allies in various locations who blindly support her (they mostly are just as lowlife as she is).

And she continues to blindly support the first tv personality/photo guy's every idiotic or arrogant statement about photography, casting tracks, etc., ad nauseum, things she knows nothing about, but pretends she does. Continues to keep him in her corner.

Another bunch in her corner are from Texas. One of them was her female partner when she was a member there. They are thick as can be, and are alike too, the female partner having few scruples of her own, a penchant for seduction (even with married men) and some nasty attitude. That woman also helped greatly to elevate the skank's level in this field, and also moderates her forum.

Then there's the eastern states bunch, all good buddies of her, who take her side on every lowlife issue that she's associated with. Doesn't matter what it is, if she's stroked their male egos, they follow her like lap dogs. In this way, she's insinuated herself into the ranks of those who run many well known groups and forums around the bigfooting world, and has made just the right connections to allow her to do just about whatever she wants and get away with it ...

... like ... making a photo public that she was never given permission to use, putting her own copyright on it, and promoting it as evidence when it isn't ... and people in that culture (worshiping a skank) have taken up the cause and are giving her a stage to promote herself because the photo is now known as the "Melissa Hovey photo" !

So she's now achieved what she wanted to do. She's made a "name" for herself. She's a star.

And those who are in positions of so-called respectability in this field have been promoting her and helping her along FOR YEARS. How ludicrous is that? What it tells me is ... those so-called respectable people have no ethics nor scruples either. Their standards are as low as hers and always have been. But many of us already knew that from our own personal dealings with those people. Many of us had already been scarred by them. Have had to endure the behind-the-scenes battles with them, seen their underhanded actions, and watched the rest of the community continue to embrace those people as if they are all wonderful, all-the-while knowing the real truth.

As far as this Creature Conference is concerned, it's good to see that at least one very respected speaker who was scheduled to talk has backed out. Good to know that someone is sorta taking a stand, at least by deciding to not participate.

Meanwhile, though, she continues on her rampage of coersion and subtrafuge, stroking people who believe her lies and creating a whole new audience of people who adore her and don't know what she really is. And the new audience doesn't know how unscrupulous her friends are either.

Actually it seems as though its gotten worse. She runs a cult/group of her own, and has infiltrated another, and now seems to see herself as some sort of authority.

Paulw
Member Avatar
Camo Junkie
[ *  *  * ]
jron
Apr 22 2012, 03:31 PM
Pat
Apr 18 2012, 09:02 AM

Actually it seems as though its gotten worse. She runs a cult/group of her own, and has infiltrated another, and now seems to see herself as some sort of authority.
She has always tried to portray herself as some sort of authority. She has poisoned the well of every group she becomes intimately(literally, at times!) associated with, and yet...people continue to look up to her. The mental leaps needed to keep her among your close friends(at least as far as bigfoot goes)..is astonishing.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Wow........ now I really am going to be sick. I knew most of that but not all of it.

Pat, you definitely have my utmost respect. Thanks for an eye-opening post.... I feel like I need to take a shower.........

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Susan, for the longest time, I watched all of this unfold, and watched the people at the so-called top-of-the-heap behave this way. As a result, I've become soured against internet bigfooting and most bigfooters (not you guys). None of them have any scruples. And when they find another one who is just like them, they seem to sense it, and they eagerly take them in as part of their crowd.

At first, the degreed woman was very up front with me, telling me things that surprised me, inviting me to come and camp out with her in her pacific coast state. And I'm sure that she thought I was just like her ... someone who will bend the rules and overlook what's right and wrong just to get ahead or get what she wants. I'm not like that. I'm also not a "yes" woman. Over time that became clear to degree woman and she became more distant. I had quite a few skirmishes with her pals, the tv/photo/track casting guy, the skank, the skank's Texas camping buddy, and so on, then finally I had it out with degree woman herself and her closest pals in the big group she runs over the Yakima Round-up mess/lies/resignations. That was the last straw for me.

There are SO many more people that I could talk about ... people who are degree woman's friends STILL TO THIS DAY ... Her friends/Hovey's friends knifed our group in the back over the MRP location and said our landowner was hoaxing us. People who used to run the biggest bf forum on the internet turned on us; those same people had pretended to be our friends for a long time. What unfolded over our field site was the final stone on the grave for me and very nearly sent me running away from the whole internet bigfooting community.

There are a whole lot of people who are in this for where they can place themselves in front of an audience. You learn that there are very few people you can trust. Most of them are here on this forum.

This isn't just about MH and her activities. It's about a whole bunch of bigfooters who have this sense of entitlement and who help each other achieve status within the bf world, about people of low character flocking together and helping each other when they recognize each other as being of the same ilk.

I'll say it again ... this is the sorry state of bigfooting today. I don't think it was always so low ... but now the inmates have taken over the assylum. And those of us who are "normal" and have some standards have become the silent minority who are forced to take the backseat and hide our findings ... because we can't trust the rest.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
I knew a fair bit of that, but not all! thanks for the update Pat and 'yes' I was of the same frame of mind myself, why I kept myself hid and isolated on this board or the old one away from the lot of them, when I wrote that program 'which is a dead sheep now' I got some offers and turned every one down as I just wasn't interested, plus I knew the people who asked and would rather of chewed off my dick than dealt with them.

And thats me from across the pond having no dealings of them at all, just reading! says a lot doesn't it?

Remind me never to piss you off though, I value my balls too much.... :biggrin

shaman
[ *  * ]
weren't too long ago i remember statements to the effect that she hadn't never been in the woods, was skeered of everything there and didnt know a flippin' thing about nuttin outside a starbucks.

'sides that, i never seen any of her graveyards...

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Pat
Apr 28 2012, 08:40 AM
Susan, for the longest time, I watched all of this unfold, and watched the people at the so-called top-of-the-heap behave this way. As a result, I've become soured against internet bigfooting and most bigfooters (not you guys). None of them have any scruples. And when they find another one who is just like them, they seem to sense it, and they eagerly take them in as part of their crowd.

At first, the degreed woman was very up front with me, telling me things that surprised me, inviting me to come and camp out with her in her pacific coast state. And I'm sure that she thought I was just like her ... someone who will bend the rules and overlook what's right and wrong just to get ahead or get what she wants. I'm not like that. I'm also not a "yes" woman. Over time that became clear to degree woman and she became more distant. I had quite a few skirmishes with her pals, the tv/photo/track casting guy, the skank, the skank's Texas camping buddy, and so on, then finally I had it out with degree woman herself and her closest pals in the big group she runs over the Yakima Round-up mess/lies/resignations. That was the last straw for me.

There are SO many more people that I could talk about ... people who are degree woman's friends STILL TO THIS DAY ... Her friends/Hovey's friends knifed our group in the back over the MRP location and said our landowner was hoaxing us. People who used to run the biggest bf forum on the internet turned on us; those same people had pretended to be our friends for a long time. What unfolded over our field site was the final stone on the grave for me and very nearly sent me running away from the whole internet bigfooting community.

There are a whole lot of people who are in this for where they can place themselves in front of an audience. You learn that there are very few people you can trust. Most of them are here on this forum.

This isn't just about MH and her activities. It's about a whole bunch of bigfooters who have this sense of entitlement and who help each other achieve status within the bf world, about people of low character flocking together and helping each other when they recognize each other as being of the same ilk.

I'll say it again ... this is the sorry state of bigfooting today. I don't think it was always so low ... but now the inmates have taken over the assylum. And those of us who are "normal" and have some standards have become the silent minority who are forced to take the backseat and hide our findings ... because we can't trust the rest.

Quote:

Bolded for truth, spot on.

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
shaman
May 8 2012, 12:52 AM
weren't too long ago i remember statements to the effect that she hadn't never been in the woods, was skeered of everything there and didnt know a flippin' thing about nuttin outside a starbucks.

'sides that, i never seen any of her graveyards...

I heard the woods equals being around basecamp but its pretty much it. It's clearly about Conference appearances, and exploiting the photos of others.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Bigfootery Enquirer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone