Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hovey just doesnt get it
Topic Started: Aug 6 2012, 11:29 AM (1,168 Views)
jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/31863-researchers-code-of-ethics/page__st__90

She revisited the Photo fiasco:

Ignores the obvious:

Released photo without the WItnesses's okay
Copyrighted that which wasn't hers
DMCA abuse, blackmailing the community, blahblahblah....

and she's the victim. What does she not understand?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
jron
Aug 6 2012, 11:29 AM
Intellect and rational thinking?

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Aug 6 2012, 05:42 PM
jron
Aug 6 2012, 11:29 AM
Intellect and rational thinking?
This morning's installment almost has me feeling some restored faith for some on the BFF. They are in effect calling her the exploiter she is, and reminded them who it was that led the charge against the MRP efforts a while back. Now, all of a sudden she would be both the margin of ethics and victim in this.....?

the fun part is I predicted to a friend it would be about four months after she took her ball and ran home that she would re-emerge and try to rewrite history. It isn't working....

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I recently saw something she posted somewhere on the net (maybe ABS?) about integrity in investigating and witness rights and protection, and then I think back to when she wanted to try outing our location and witness family.

Walking hypocricy and utter bullsh*t.

She's clearly known for *what* she is.

EDITED TO ADD: Look at THIS. She said this 2 days ago.

"People in this discuss the tactics used by law enforcement or the legal profession - but the second you behave in that manner - those people lose it. They think you're hiding information they are entitled to. To be quite honest - if we are not personally involved in a situation, we are not really entitled to anything. I have never told another researcher - "tell me everything you know about this person, the evidence involved and the entire back story." Why? Because it's none of my business. I ask questions - but if the researcher/investigator doesn't want to answer - well who am I to decide I am so important I can demand anything?

I certainly do not make judgement calls on the credibility of the investigator/researcher or the witness if I can not prove those judgement calls. "

What. A. Liar.
Edited by GuyInIndiana, Aug 7 2012, 09:54 PM.

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Aug 7 2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I recently saw something she posted somewhere on the net (maybe ABS?) about integrity in investigating and witness rights and protection, and then I think back to when she wanted to try outing our location and witness family.

Walking hypocricy and utter bullsh*t.

She's clearly known for *what* she is.

EDITED TO ADD: Look at THIS. She said this 2 days ago.

"People in this discuss the tactics used by law enforcement or the legal profession - but the second you behave in that manner - those people lose it. They think you're hiding information they are entitled to. To be quite honest - if we are not personally involved in a situation, we are not really entitled to anything. I have never told another researcher - "tell me everything you know about this person, the evidence involved and the entire back story." Why? Because it's none of my business. I ask questions - but if the researcher/investigator doesn't want to answer - well who am I to decide I am so important I can demand anything?

I certainly do not make judgement calls on the credibility of the investigator/researcher or the witness if I can not prove those judgement calls. "

What. A. Liar.
Yup, the "Witness advocate" (or her hubby, outted your site, and witness by association, she has clearly strong armed the current one, she claims she's working another one on the BFF, and I know of the situatiuon from two years back where a witness had implicitly stated he had something going on, and didnt want "a bunch of yahhos charging in there", and what's the first thing she demands?

She wants to "get a team down there asap" "It's for the good of community.."

Theres theres when she was accused of stalking Kitakaze, the sleaziness as the barbaque, real class act....

but always the victim....

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Timberghost cancelled a whole big group outing on his property several years ago because she started inviting unauthorized people and talking about it when she shouldn't have been--that's wha t got her application for the (now defunct) SRI rejected, and that's when she really started storing up her venom for those of us involved in that decision.

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Stacy
Aug 8 2012, 06:36 PM
Timberghost cancelled a whole big group outing on his property several years ago because she started inviting unauthorized people and talking about it when she shouldn't have been--that's wha t got her application for the (now defunct) SRI rejected, and that's when she really started storing up her venom for those of us involved in that decision.
This may come off as vindictive but with her trying to claim the claim, someone might ought to compile one master record of all that venom.

Jaylee
Member Avatar
Southern-fried Sweet n' Sassy
[ *  *  * ]
To have that...that..."thing" preaching ethics, morals and standards is beyond laughable and is quite sickening IMO.

I was part of the group that Timberghost had to deny access to because of "her highness of all things bigfoot". She actually told me that I wasn't to talk to TG direct, that I should go through her on all things related to the outing. TG and I have been friends for years so you can imagine how far that flew with me.

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Well, I'M beyond F'in pissed off. Once again Melissa showed up in the Ethics thread at BFF and decided she would set the record straight about some things and simply did a complete "repeat" of a bunch of bullsh*t which is "stuff she was told" / "stuff people in the know said" and did another smear campaign, so I promptly replied and defended the outright lies she made, or pointed out she was repeating 'innuendo' that other's had made while stating it as fact, and my post got pulled.

I promptly filed 5 or 6 complaints with the forum management including the forum management team and forum administrators.

For posterity, since IF they let it stand, I'm sure it will be edited, HERE is exactly *what* I said to her before it got pulled, and her post was left standing.

Quote:

Quote:

Melissa, on 15 August 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Hello CTFoot. I am not sure you were around during all this - so let me fill you in. First - I am not angry with you - I just think some things need to be cleared up ---- again. LOL.

You can't clear up 'things' when you are not in possession of the actual facts.

Quote:

Had people not come forward with *what* they knew - everyone would still be discussing how much the recordings resembled the sierra sounds --- no one would know the sierra sounds CD's were being handed out and the background of the landowner with his haunted trail and sound system.

Again, another FACTUAL ERROR. NO ONE was handing out the Sierra Sounds. Many of us in the group own/owned copies and would lend it back and forth to others in the group IF they wanted to hear it.

You acknowledge you don't even KNOW this person, yet assume *what* she said was completely factual with no way to validate her CLAIMS.

Quote:

I want to add briefly - I do not know who angie is, I never spoke to her - she never contacted me (that I can remember). Angie was an invited guest of the MRP to this property, and she came to the old BFF to discuss *what* she seen and heard while on the property herself. Angie was quickly quieted - but we won't get into that - because no one wants to hear about the Gorilla suit on the property.

Angie wasn't an invited guest of the group. She was a one time, just one of the members of the crew, until she moved out west.

Then there's this recurring theme of a gorilla suit.

Which again goes to the core of this discussion, because you only repeat an inaccurate claim by someone who didn't know *what they were talking about. That's not revisionistic history: that's simply making up outright lies.

Quote:

Takes guts to stand up and tell the truth.

Except when it IS NOT the truth. You still are living in complete darkness about ANYTHING that was or is true by people who espoused nothing but opinion.

You have NOT cleared anything up. You have simply passed on like many others have tried, inaccurate, opinion. For you to sit there and play "I'm in the know" with some claim to actually knowing *what did or didn't happen at a PRIVATE LOCATION is the point of this thread - that there IS no ethical standard in bigfooting today. You have simply passed on gossip and innuendo while holding no first-hand personal knowledge of the situation, the family or the facts.

I've heard so much BITCHING over there about how bad the first BFF was, yet it completely astounds me that these people who claim to be intelligent, thinking people
put up with the crap that's being promoted and discussed.

IF I had the money, I would personally sue her AND the BFF for slander & defamation.

I should probably stop NOW before I say something I'll regret.

Edited by GuyInIndiana, Aug 15 2012, 03:41 PM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

IF I had the money, I would personally sue her AND the BFF for slander & defamation.

Don't think it hasn't been discussion on occasion, if ya know wha t I mean. ;)
Edited by Stacy, Aug 15 2012, 03:50 PM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
On the other hand... if her audience is whoever still hangs out at BFF, then do we really give a flying shit wha t any of them think or believe? All that matters is wha t WE do and know and wha t we share with or own trusted friends. She'll never shut her gnarly mouth as long as she thinks she's got an audience, or can get one, and I know I've said this before but it really is SOOO much more pleasant to just completely remove yourself from that environment.

and DAMN it all... can anyone figure out if we can shut off the stupid thing where the forum automatically inserts smilies for certain words, like when every single time we type the word w-h-a-t it give you this : what ????? Argh!!
Edited by Stacy, Aug 15 2012, 03:55 PM.

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Ok. I'll give them some credit. After I bombarded them with my complaints, they pulled her post and agreed to discuss how to handle it.

Edited to add:

I will NOT ALLOW HER or ANYONE to continually LIE about something they HAVE NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE about and are only out to regurgitate opinion, speculation and innuendo.

Her actions are deliberate. She is a despicable person.
Edited by GuyInIndiana, Aug 15 2012, 04:10 PM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Aug 15 2012, 04:07 PM

Her actions are deliberate. She is a despicable person.
No argument from me there (or from any other intelligent human being, I'd venture to say)...

Redwolf
Not to be messed with. Seriously.
[ *  *  * ]
Stacy
Aug 15 2012, 03:53 PM
I know I've said this before but it really is SOOO much more pleasant to just completely remove yourself from that environment.

Amen

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Redwolf
Aug 16 2012, 10:52 AM
Stacy
Aug 15 2012, 03:53 PM
I know I've said this before but it really is SOOO much more pleasant to just completely remove yourself from that environment.

Amen
ditto.......

I took a page out of the Stacy playbook when I started ignoring everything Hovey-related........ my life has been blissful.......

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
There's my buddy Susie.... :biggrin

I would agree considering the sources. You've got to take into account that outside of the Bigfoot arena some of these people are most likely thought of as being just smart enough not to be considered legally retarded.

Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
Ty
Aug 22 2012, 01:14 AM

I would agree considering the sources. You've got to take into account that outside of the Bigfoot arena some of these people are most likely thought of as being just smart enough not to be considered legally retarded.
LOL ... that's the exact same thought that I have Ty, whenever I get irritated with the so-called "community".

So glad I'm not hanging out there anymore.

Timberghost
[ * ]
Stacy and Jay are spot on. This woman is a snake in the grass. She was caught in MULTIPLE lies during that fiasco, and hasn't slowed down since...

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Ty
Aug 22 2012, 01:14 AM

There's my buddy Ty.... :biggrin

I agree with you wholeheartedly!!!

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Her current blog entry has her trying to rewrite history about the recording project.

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
WHo in the world is Nadia Moore? I've never heard of her.

Mel's just pissed 'coz the thread where she started up the lies again at BFF got pulled. She doesn't get that SHE is the one people are laughing at behind her back.

It's amazing that for pretending she knows what she's talking about, she makes several practical, factual errors (or lies if you prefer)... then slams this poor person for not getting something correct and not doing her background checks properly. Pot meet kettle.

THen spouts on how she really doesn't even CARE. Gotta' love this quote:

Quote:

Either way, I donít waste my time with people who canít be bothered to get information correct.

Yet she devotes blog after blog to slander people.

Par for the course. DOH

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
I just read that FB page that that came from. Oh. My. Word. Talk about some really messed up people. I'm just glad of all people John C and that Steven S finally saw her for who she is.

I also saw there are several 'facts' still even being repeated there that are just stupid. They try to take people's speculation and "knowledge" and then repeat it like it must be true, then speculate on it more, there-by cementing in people's minds there's some basis in it.

Again... IF I had the money, it would be a pleasure spending a chunck of it sueing in civil court. Getting any kind of charges for "internet stalking" against her and those she used might be difficult to do, but the civil charges would be a hoot.

jron
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Sep 11 2012, 09:32 PM
I just read that FB page that that came from. Oh. My. Word. Talk about some really messed up people. I'm just glad of all people John C and that Steven S finally saw her for who she is.

I also saw there are several 'facts' still even being repeated there that are just stupid. They try to take people's speculation and "knowledge" and then repeat it like it must be true, then speculate on it more, there-by cementing in people's minds there's some basis in it.

Again... IF I had the money, it would be a pleasure spending a chunck of it sueing in civil court. Getting any kind of charges for "internet stalking" against her and those she used might be difficult to do, but the civil charges would be a hoot.

Absolutely, it seems like evry rock you turn over yields another story that makes you raise an eye brow.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Sep 11 2012, 09:32 PM
I'm just glad of all people John C and that Steven S finally saw her for who she is.
Streufert or whatever?? Who praised her up and down for the fine work she did in exposing our "hoax" (bitch, pleeease...) and from what I'm told rambled endlessly on what horrible people we are? Pardon me, but f*ck him.

Quote:

Again... IF I had the money, it would be a pleasure spending a chunck of it sueing in civil court.
Like I said before, don't think it's not been discussed. Money wouldn't be an issue.

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Well, I guess we're so fortunate to now have the JREF'ers showing up here thanks to "ClayFlingyThing" who's proven once again why the JREF is who they are.

Welcome. And thanks for the name calling. You're all a touch a class!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Hoaxes, Rumors, and Lies · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone