Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AWESOME recordings from Minnesota
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 11:42 PM (428 Views)
Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Wow. I mean WOW... this is excellent! By far the closest thing to what we hear and record ourselves. You can listen to the whole thing straight through (close to 30 minutes, or further down the page they've got it broken into segments. This is really good stuff.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/march-2012-minnesota-howls/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kezra
[ * ]
Stacy these are fantastic! I literally felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up! There is a real human like quality in some of the calls - especially the last few in section 3 (6 to 9 minutes). Thanks so much for posting them.

Could you tell me more about the times you have heard or seen them? Its been a dream of mine since I was a little girl to go to the USA or Canada and search for one. I don't think I would even take a camera I just want the experience of being near them and seeing them myself.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Kezra, here's a link to the best stuff we'd recorded through 2008:

http://mivocals.moonfruit.com/

We haven't released anything publicly since then, but the story is still the same... the big differences are that we haven't heard what we call the "Ahhhh" screams since 2009 (except for once very late in 2010, which otherwise was a VERY quiet year), and these long, low moany-type calls started up last year and now make up the majority of what we hear. As for visuals, it's all been at night... once clearly lit in headlights (that was GuyInIndiana), a couple times with night vision, and a few times just massive black silhouettes moving in the dark, all but once in conjunction with vocals.

kezra
[ * ]
Wow. How would you describe the squatch you witnessed in the headlights??

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
That wasn't me, unfortunately! My only glimpse was fairly close (25-30 yards?) but was just a silhouette. My son was with me and noticed it first... we'd walked to the car and it was standing at the edge of a cornfield, which was up a slope. It stayed frozen the entire time we were at the car, just a couple of minutes, but after we went back and grabbed the night vision to take another look, it was gone and everyone at camp was there at the fire. It didn't look that big, and in fact I thought at first that maybe it was one of our people making a phone call with his hood up over his head, but with the edge of the field being up a slope and the corn at full height, it was hard to judge because the next day my son, who is 6'4" and not small, went up to stand in the same spot and it was definitely bigger and taller than him.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Wow, those recordings were really cool!!

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Awesome sounds Stacey, Missy an I both just listened to it. Could it be possible that the clip with the fast whacking noises could be a beaver?

Missy was bouncing up and down in her chair going "COOOOOLLL!!!!"

I'll be sending you the cleaning bill for my shorts.. :blink:

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Vocalizations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone