Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DNA RESULTS?; But what proof?
Topic Started: Nov 24 2012, 02:26 PM (590 Views)
GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/943177

Quote:

'Bigfoot' DNA Sequenced In Upcoming Genetics Study

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. “The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual,” explains Ketchum.

“Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.”

Ketchum is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.

Ketchum calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:

“Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them.”

Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.

###

Dr. Ketchum is available for interview or to answer further questions about the Sasquatch genome study and associated research on novel contemporary hominins at media(at)dnadiagnostics(dot)com

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10166775.htm

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/943177#ixzz2DAaCM6Cz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Well.... IF this is true and IF we do share DNA, it would not surprise me at all... but has there been any kind of peer review done on this? How do we know the results are legitimate? Sorry if this is common knowledge, I don't follow this stuff anymore although I'm aware of her name.

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
See... this is where it's a circus. The PEER REVIEW IS still being conducted according to that press release, and now there's indications that it's going to be published as a "White Paper", and not necessarily as a peer reviewed publication.

So... without a chain of custody of a body or something that can be examined to be verified as the SOURCE for the DNA in the study, it's still a puppy chasing it's tail, in my opinion.

It seems like Ketchum or ??? is just rushing the release of details out of fear of being trumped by someone else. <?> But what's being shown so far is NOT going to turn the scientific world on it's ear either.

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
Igor Burtsev is involved ? Human hybrid ? She got her DNA sample from a half eaten blueberry bagel at a house that gets regular Bigfoot visits ?

Not sounding too good. Not good at all....lol

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Seriously? LOL.... Yikes. No, it's gonna be hard to have the study taken seriously if there's all that attached to it. Bummer.

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, just catching up on the story a bit, the more I read the more it stinks Stacy...lol

I get the impression by also including some of the other nuts she seems to be associated with (Burtsev, Paulides, Thom Cantrell ?) that collectively they've pre- determined Sasquatch are some kind of "people" and somehow by/come hell or high water she set out to make her DNA study show/prove that.

Again, just my impression.

It kind of reminds me of that former BFRO character Dr. Curt Nelson who claimed to have found some kind of primate DNA in the Snelgrove Lake blood and tissue sample when two other independant labs found either nothing or only mold DNA....lol

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
I was catching up also, early morning coffee and caught this. I wasn't going to link to this but it will make it easier. If you follow the Lindsay guys blog he states Melba fruit cake was raped by a BF, then no, it appears she may of been mind raped.

We have more bodies

You really couldn't make this shit up if you wanted. :shock:

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I think this DNA thingy is one of 3 things:

1. Actual DNA of Bigfoot, Sasquatch, North American Ape has been discovered.

2. The DNA had been contaminated, thus the new hybrid coming from 15,000 years ago beause a homo sapian female saw an "unknown" hominid and thought Hubba-hubba..

3. Another 15 minutes of fame for someone is being reaped.

Just now realized I can't find my Buckwheat avatar..

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
The whole thing MUST really be generating a LOT of buzz out there somewhere in the media. On my Indianabigfoot.com website, I have a quick "poll" just to try and get a visitor to respond with a 5 or 6? choice "Pick one" poll that ranges from "it's just an animal" thru various beliefs in the paranormal, to finish with "nothing.. they don't exist".

If I'm lucky, I'll have a couple people a week find my website and take the poll, then I get an email telling me there's been a poll vote so I can see based on the IP address where they were from. Today ALONE, since 4am, I've had 18 hits on my poll, and only God knows how many come to a website but DON'T bother to click on anything like the poll.

Basically, the majority of the votes are "Real, but just an animal" motif, with several saying "Nothing... they don't exist." One or two votes they're "Animals, but with some sort of paranormal/supernatural abilities".

If you get a minute, go take my poll at www.indianabigfoot.com and scroll down the front page till you see it. ;-)

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
This could be the reason Mike.

Ketchum release on Houston News

and I did take your poll, but my IP is not my own - I think it's the west coast at the moment. :D
Edited by keilder, Nov 28 2012, 10:01 PM.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I voted "animal, nothing else".

"Bored redneck" was not available, wha?

:blink:

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I caught this, this morning and actually enjoyed the interview with Dr. Todd Disotell

I think hes the guy with the mohawk that was on Monster Quest (got'a love somebody who says f'ck it, this is me as I've earned the right to be myself.)

But Melbas release is read-out and he gives his views. I did find it interesting

BFS 043

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I like Disotell (and yep, he's the one with the mohawk) but I'm not gonna listen to that... what'd he have to say, in a nutshell?

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
By jumping the gun and not following standard procedures or protocols for peer review, no reputable journal may touch it! It was theorized later, that this could be the Russian involvement: Some flea rag may publish.

To map a ‘complete geno’ (I don’t fully understand it) but that has only been accomplished within the last 1.5 years and needs a fairly large lab not a garage and is very, very costly to-do.

If the paper was out for review, he was surprised he never received it or heard about it as it is his field.

The 15,000 angle and a lot more! Bottom line he wasn’t going to hold his breathe.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
keilder
Dec 2 2012, 01:19 AM
By jumping the gun and not following standard procedures or protocols for peer review, no reputable journal may touch it!

That's what I expected lol.... thanks!

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
One of my duties at where I work is I'm an ISO internal auditor. A LOT of corporations or types of business uses ISO (International Standard Operations). It's a fairly sure bet that DNA places follows certain procedures. From what I gather procedures weren't followed in this "release" of Bigfoot DNA, meaning Bourtsev and his announcement. Bourtsev and Mary Green's association in the past doesn't help his credibility one bit. Where did the money come from to do this DNA sequencing? It would cost SOMEONE some dough to do this, it's not one of those things where someone says " heck, I'll do this". You need money and an approval from higher authority. I'm familiar with Disotell on an entertainment level, I've seen him on several different shows and he SEEMS on the level. Bottom line is no matter what type of business level you're involved with there are procedures to be followed. If you find or discover something out of the norm you ALWAYS get confirmation from an outside source.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Don't quote me on this as I'm not sure 100% as I haven't really been following this, but I believe Wally Hersom put up the money for the testing!

However, after chilling I caught a thread today (I've no doubt you all know where?) that the study may or has been rejected, so it may be now upto the Russians to publish.

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not! next will be the Sykes study that all the samples are of known animals. This will distance the scientific community from anythig related to Bigfoot in the future - which is what I expected.

"Yes that's very interesting but may I draw your attention to this Sykes study" and cites the source...

I wonder what Meldrums thinking at this very moment? Especially if Sykes comes out with what I expect.

All the money and time wasted, when it could of been spent on people in the field hopeing to bring in a body (I'm not going to say a live one, as the logistics are just too complex for that to happen)

It wouldn't be that much either for somebody like Hersom to cover 10 people, min wage (I'm not sure what it is at the moment here, but I know it's pretty low £200-£250 a week) send 10 people out in various locations long term (6-9 months) lock and loaded and ready to take one down living off the land, with a SPOT! if a body is shot, hit the button and theres your retrieval.

game over.....

But no...people want 10,000's etc., to go looking. Actually what I read (unsure if its true or not) but what he paid MM, would of covered this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · All things Ketchum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone