Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ketchum DNA Report is published?; 2/13/2013
Topic Started: Feb 13 2013, 04:56 PM (657 Views)
GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
The word around the net is that the Melba Ketchum report is now published, but it's on some 'New Scientific Journal" that's online only, and you have to pay $30 to see it.

From one or two reviews I've heard people give it, it's just 'crap'.

Anyone here got more or better information on it? Links?

I'm kinda' disappointed, 'coz I thought when it saw the light of day, no matter where I was the ground would shake, the sky would illuminate and angelic voices would harmonize in 77 part harmony... and we'd all get a spontaneous chill up our spines.

None of that happened.

There's also a piece of crappy video out there circulating of "Matilda"... a sleeping BF laying down in brush breathing heavily. I've seen the video. My gut says 'hoax' since you don't really ever get to see anything there, but the narration tells you that this is the same way they've found or experienced seeing *other* BF laying down sleeping. So, they find BF's just laying around all the time sleeping? LoL

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Here's the Matilda video and then with commentary.

http://youtu.be/khHSX3ZYaKI

http://youtu.be/_D9v7z3INXc

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
Absolutely and unequivocally a hoax for many f'n obvious reasons.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
I don’t think anybody here bought this BS from day one. The buzz appears that the site was registered recently by Melba and is nothing more than self-publishing (I didn’t know vanity publishing worked with scientific journals)

I note the Matilda footage, and can now after years of silence and working in secret with various groups report that she was not alone.

I give you Matildas brother ‘Shirley’ Shortly after filming these clips we noted the Eisenhower Bridge was closing so I grabbed what I could and leapt through!

I’m afraid Smudger, The 6 Orangutans and Sniffles of our secret covert group ‘The Daisy Box Gang’ never made it through and alas are all still trapped on the other-side.

As I can not return due to the collapse of the bridge I can not validate these claims, therefore present you with this footage in good faith and the hope you believe me.

I’m currently in the process of putting a Kickstarter project together where I will be building a dirigible with an advanced forward emitter I believe will re-open the Eisenhower Bridge again. This I hope will allow me to fly through and rescue my colleagues and bring back further evidence and samples for Melba to check.

I am hoping for 5.9 Trilllion US to be raised by the 18 Feb 2013 and am close thanks to my first donation of $1.06.

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
"This is where he charged after we shouted that he had a small weenie"

LOL

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Someone on one of the Michigan FB groups yesterday posted a link to what was either the article or a summary of it (it looked like the article, but wasn't all that long), but when I went to look at it again last night, the link too me to the website where it's hosted (which apparently is an online scientific journal that the group bought and renamed to suit their purposes) but not the article, which didn't turn up in a search of the site, either.

Sure wish I'd thought to copy and paste it somewhere, dammit!

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Ty
Feb 14 2013, 12:16 AM

LOL
Was that a quote about Bukwas or Ted?

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Stacy
Feb 14 2013, 10:38 AM
Someone on one of the Michigan FB groups yesterday posted a link to what was either the article or a summary of it (it looked like the article, but wasn't all that long), but when I went to look at it again last night, the link too me to the website where it's hosted (which apparently is an online scientific journal that the group bought and renamed to suit their purposes) but not the article, which didn't turn up in a search of the site, either.

You mean Ketchum's journal?

http://www.denovojournal.com/

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
That's the site that the original link redirected to, yes.

Jaylee
Member Avatar
Southern-fried Sweet n' Sassy
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Feb 14 2013, 03:29 PM
Stacy
Feb 14 2013, 10:38 AM

You mean Ketchum's journal?

http://www.denovojournal.com/

My virus protector told me going there was not a good idea. :bg:
Edited by Jaylee, Feb 14 2013, 06:05 PM.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
GuyInIndiana
Feb 14 2013, 03:02 PM
Ty

LOL
The difference is infinitesimal...... :lol:

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Jaylee
Feb 14 2013, 06:05 PM
My virus protector told me going there was not a good idea. :bg:
It's probably because they have invalid or improperly set "site certificates"... but there's nothing actually wrong with the site.

I've been there several times. Norton's raised a red flag, but there's nothing bad there.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Susan
Feb 14 2013, 07:33 PM
GuyInIndiana
Feb 14 2013, 03:02 PM
Ty

LOL
The difference is infinitesimal...... :lol:
Bonnie Tyler fan eh?

Making Love out of nothing at all. ;)

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
It's small.

But it's fierce!!!

Wildman
The name says it all.
[ *  *  * ]
New Huffington Post article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/bigfoot-dna-results-final_n_2681135.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news#slide=1420792

Quote:

Bigfoot DNA Tests: Science Journal's Credibility Called Into Question

Bigfoot is real ... maybe.

After months of waiting for a peer-reviewed scientific journal to publish findings on the validity of alleged Bigfoot DNA evidence, the time has come for answers. But is there enough empirical evidence to finally confirm that the elusive, tall, hairy man-beast of North America really exists? Maybe, but questions have now been raised about the scientific journal publishing the findings.

In November, after a five-year study of purported Bigfoot (aka Sasquatch) DNA samples, Texas geneticist Melba Ketchum and a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, were anxious for their findings to be published in a scientific journal. On Wednesday, their research appeared in the DeNovo Journal of Science, which seemed to confirm Ketchum's research about the reality of Bigfoot.

But according to GoDaddy.com, DeNovo was first registered as a domain on Feb. 4, 2013 --- anonymously and for only one year.

The current edition of DeNovo is listed as Volume 1, Issue 1, and its only content, thus far, is the Bigfoot research.

Also, on Ketchum's Sasquatch Genome Project website, she writes, "It has been a long and tedious battle to prove that Sasquatch exists. ... Trying to publish has taken almost two years. It seems mainstream science just can't seem to tolerate something controversial, especially from a group of primarily forensic scientists and not 'famous academians' aligned with large universities, even though most of our sequencing and analysis was performed at just such facilities."

Ketchum then explains how one journal agreed to publish her findings, but then was advised not to by its lawyers because such a controversial subject "would destroy the editors' reputations (as it has already done to mine). ... Rather than spend another five years just trying to find a journal to publish and hoping that decent, open minded reviewers would be chosen, we acquired the rights to this journal and renamed it so we would not lose the passing peer reviews that are expected by the public and the scientific community."

And therein lies the potential problem: Did Ketchum "buy" this journal, and begin its new existence under the name of DeNovo just over a week ago in order to get what appears to be a favorable peer review of her Bigfoot studies? That's the big question being raised by numerous people at this point.

According to a press release by Ketchum's Sasquatch Genome Project, the study, "which sequenced three whole Sasquatch nuclear genomes, shows that the legendary Sasquatch is extant in North America and is a human relative that arose approximately 13,000 years ago and is hypothesized to be a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with a novel primate species."

A total of 111 specimens of alleged Sasquatch hair, blood, skin and other tissues formed the basis of the study. These samples came from many individuals and groups at sites covering 14 states and two Canadian provinces.

On her Doubtful News website, skeptic and geologist Sharon Hill raises many questions about Ketchum's claims.

"I clicked on the DeNovo site and was appalled at how amateurish the site is. It's full of stock photographs, very poorly coded, there are errors all over it and it's very difficult to navigate," Hill told The Huffington Post.

"[Ketchum] documented that she acquired the rights to this journal. We don't know what journal that was. I still can't find it and that's a little fishy," said Hill. "And then she renamed it so they would not lose the peer reviews that they had. It looks suspicious. This is not how science works."

Also, on the DeNovo site, the journal itself is identified as both DeNovo and DeVono.

It would be a huge story if all the work done by Ketchum and her team ultimately leads to scientific confirmation of the reality of Sasquatch. But at this point, the new wrinkles about the DeNovo Science Journal have only added to the credibility issues by a foot or two -- a Bigfoot.

I love this part:

Quote:

Ketchum then explains how one journal agreed to publish her findings, but then was advised not to by its lawyers because such a controversial subject "would destroy the editors' reputations

Yeah, the subject is the reason the lawyers said no. I'm sure it had nothing to do with fraud.
Edited by Wildman, Feb 14 2013, 11:09 PM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Did Ketchum "buy" this journal, and begin its new existence under the name of DeNovo just over a week ago in order to get what appears to be a favorable peer review of her Bigfoot studies?

I think this is one answer that's just plain obvious.

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
Sure is.

Jamie
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
For those who believe no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe no proof is possible.
Stuart Chase

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Good grief..

Show me the monkey..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · All things Ketchum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone