Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Youtube videos using my artwork without permission
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 10:18 AM (3,550 Views)
Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9o5qrnUAs

On this page you'll see two videos that have been put out by "Musky Allen" that are using my artwork without asking permission. I have left a feedback message directed to (I think) the management at YouTube, telling them about it and asking them to take the videos down.

Not sure if it will do any good though. Does anyone know the right procedure to get this accomplished.

The nerve of those guys, to just create videos using anyone's work that they please to illustrate their hoaxes ... and not expect repercussions ...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
You could try this, though from what we all know about Bigfooters outside of these walls, theres little honesty or integrity and they could cry parody or using art work for educational purphoses.

Click on report, and explain your reasons and see what develops.

Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: report.jpg (35.25 KB)
Edited by keilder, Feb 19 2013, 11:44 AM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I don't have any answers Pat, but Paul Vella may be a good resource. Seems like I remember him being pretty knowledgeable about copyrighted stuff back on the old BFF. I'd trust him to be professional and honest with you.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Ted
Feb 19 2013, 11:44 AM
You could try this, though from what we all know about Bigfooters outside of these walls, theres little honesty or integrity and they could cry parody or using art work for educational purphoses.

Click on report, and explain your reasons and see what develops.

Thanks! I'll try that too. I know what you mean though. I'm not holding my breath. This IS the internet (aka wild west) after all. Especially in bigfooting.

I just have this thing about having my name (and work) linked to reprehensible people. We all know where that went a while back ...

Edited to say: I went in and looked for the report button. Apparently it only shows up if you sign up. I'm not sure I want to do that.

Edited by Pat, Feb 19 2013, 03:51 PM.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Stacy
Feb 19 2013, 01:28 PM
I don't have any answers Pat, but Paul Vella may be a good resource. Seems like I remember him being pretty knowledgeable about copyrighted stuff back on the old BFF. I'd trust him to be professional and honest with you.
Seriously? Uh ... no. I will not be talking to him. I already know my copyright "rights" anyway, and they're breaking them.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I had a look and was considering doing it under my account, but I believe for impact it would be best coming from you. They also have a free-form policy (fax/telephone/e-mail) you could use from the below URL

Free-Form bottom of information

Copyright Infringement Notification Requirements

The easiest way to file a complaint is to use our copyright removal webform.

Copyright notifications must include the following elements. Without this information, we will be unable to take action on your request:
1. Your contact information

You’ll need to provide information that will allow us to contact you regarding your complaint, such as an email address, physical address or telephone number.
2. A description of your work that you believe has been infringed

In your complaint, be sure to clearly and completely describe the copyrighted content you are seeking to protect. If multiple copyrighted works are covered in your complaint, the law allows a representative list of such works.
3. Each allegedly infringing video’s specific URL

Your complaint must contain the specific URL of the video you believe infringes your rights, or we will be unable to locate and remove it. General information about the video, such as a channel URL or username, is not adequate. Please include the URL(s) of the exact video(s). The URL should be in the following format: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx

4. You must agree to and include the following statement:

“I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
5. And the following statement:

"The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. Your signature

Complete complaints require the physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a representative authorized to act on their behalf. To satisfy this requirement, you may type your full legal name to act as your signature at the bottom of your complaint.

You may contact us via email, postal mail, or fax, being sure to include the requirements above.

Copyright Contact Information

If you prefer to contact us via email, postal mail, or fax, here is information about how to do so:

Email: copyright@youtube.com

Fax: +1 650 872 8513

Address
DMCA Complaints
YouTube, Inc.
901 Cherry Ave.
Second Floor
San Bruno, CA 94066
USA
Phone: +1 650 214 6064

Please keep in mind, we can process claims submitted within the body of an email more quickly than those submitted as PDFs.
Edited by keilder, Feb 19 2013, 04:22 PM.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Thank you so much, Ted. I will try to deal with it tomorrow.

Stacy ... I'm sorry. I sounded snarky and it wasn't meant for you. I just have a problem with certain people that I don't want to deal with anymore. :)

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Oh, me too LOL... wasn't thinking about the 'group' issues when I posted that. :D

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
Pat, the link you posted above goes to the video I posted here asking if you were in on the investigation. I know the artwork you're referring to because as soon as I saw it I thought it looked like your work! I think it's the guys who do Facebook/Finding Bigfoot who are using your work, not Musky Allen himself. I'd just go to their facebook page and tell them to remove it. While using illustrations or illustrative material as part of their presentations on 'investigations' may be educational usage, I don't think their interview with Musky Allen on their radio talk show qualifies. They just recently published a book and I wonder if they used it there.

I know each of your Sasquatch related renditions represents hours of time spent with witnesses, plus your wonderful talent as an artist that creates what others seem to take for granted when they do things like this.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Pat, I've seen a few wonderful sketches you've made of the hairy booger as well as the other beautiful work you've done (makes my own sketches look like a 3 year old :D ), if they don't take it down I have no problem getting a hickory axe handle and whoppin' the snot out of them, that's too much hard work and love in a picture to be used by anybody without permission..

Now where did I put that handle?

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
"Nothing like a good piece of hickory........" the Preacher - Pale Rider

Good luck, Pat. I agree with you wholeheartedly..... B)
Edited by Susan, Feb 20 2013, 11:08 PM.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
There you go, better yet sik Clint on them!!

All he has to do is look mean at me and I wet myself and start crying for my mom.. :blink:
Edited by Bukwas, Feb 20 2013, 11:12 PM.

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
Is it at the 12 second mark ?

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
LESS! About 2 second for the tears, 4 for the wetting and 6 for the mommy cryin' phase.. :D

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
No, I was asking is that her work at the 12 second mark in the video ?....lol

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Bukwas
Feb 20 2013, 11:37 PM
LESS! About 2 second for the tears, 4 for the wetting and 6 for the mommy cryin' phase.. :D
:lol: This is why Bukwas is here......

:biggrin2:

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Ty
Feb 20 2013, 11:41 PM
No, I was asking is that her work at the 12 second mark in the video ?....lol
If that's Pat's I don't remember seeing that one before.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
No, that's not my work. Just Curious is right. I linked to the wrong video. DUH.

Here are the video's I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0HBIdr4XU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DICfIict--Q

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Ok, I have sent in a formal request to YouTube to have the two videos removed. I'll let you all know what transpires. So far I've gotten their automatic reply email in response.

Thank you Ted for the great information and help!

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I just found another video that is using my work without permission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJkAomwZFU&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Just sent in another request for removal.

If any of you find more, please let me know, or post here, so I can act to stop them. Thank you.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Out of Curiosity where did they get the pictures from?

Do you do have a website Pat? If so, you may want to cover your images with a watermark or copyright image. I know Ty knows how to do this, but if he's busy shoot me a PM and I'll sort you out, and I'll do it for you...........

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
So who's this Musky Allen guy, apparently a big deal in bigfooting, and I've never heard of him? HAs ANYONE ever heard of him before this?

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
Ted
Feb 21 2013, 03:27 PM
Out of Curiosity where did they get the pictures from?

Do you do have a website Pat? If so, you may want to cover your images with a watermark or copyright image. I know Ty knows how to do this, but if he's busy shoot me a PM and I'll sort you out, and I'll do it for you...........
The watermark suggestion is a good idea Ted, but no I've personally never done it before. Moregon watermarks his photos, he'd be the one to ask.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Ah right, maybe that's were I'm getting mixed up. I just kind'a recalled Moregan and somebody suggestng watermarks/copyrights etc and suggested they'd help and I'd thought it was you, don't ask me why, just Ty jumperd into my head.

Not to worry, I can still do it if Pat needs help. Just PM me Pat and I'll sort you out. It's not a big deal and pretty simple...

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Ted, they're on my Sasquatch Illustration Project website:
http://sasquatchillustrationproject.moonfruit.com/#

The illustrations appear on these pages:
http://sasquatchillustrationproject.moonfruit.com/#/manitoba-01/4533189920
http://sasquatchillustrationproject.moonfruit.com/#/manitoba-01-pg-2/4533119506

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sasquatch Online · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone