Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Youtube videos using my artwork without permission
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 10:18 AM (3,628 Views)
keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Oh gawd, I guess this is where I have to write my sh*t…..

NO, I haven’t slept well, I still have 24 hours before a major exam, but that is my problem not yours.

Pat had, and I repeat had, already proved all that, so no secondary or follow up post was required, as when it came as I don’t know you from Adam….It looked like somebody trying to stir shit off of Pats back…..and I won’t tolerate that, not from somebody I don’t know to the people here I like………….(unless having fun)

Will I apologise? NO…indirect, you insinuated it was because of Dyer……..Pat ‘Never’ ‘Ever’ pointed a finger apart from at FB/FB….

Yeah, I’m a protective bastard of people I like, get over it…………As I would not allow or stand back on anybody on this forum when there taking flack…They’ve all been through too much already.

If you think protecting or trying to protect or stand up for Pat is wrong, then I’m wrong…BUT in my eyes I was right…and I’ll do it again in a heart beat.

If I get banned, hell honestly? I wouldn’t give a shi*t and would hold zero malice against these guys and just move on.

I’ve said my piece…and it’s over…I am playing nice Pat (sorry Darling I'm not pissed, but just a bit arsey).....I just don't like the people I like getting screwed, which isn't the case this time.
Edited by Ty, May 1 2013, 12:22 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Bottom Line:

Pat takes what is in her heart, mind and soul and is able to put this on a canvas or a simple sheet of paper.
This is a true gift.
This is something that should NEVER be taken advantage of by ANYONE on God's green earth BECAUSE...
She is sharing that gift with us, by her choice.

Thank you for sharing your gift with us Pat. We appreciate it. :wub:

Ty
Admin
[ *  *  * ]
keilder
Apr 30 2013, 10:52 PM
If I get banned, hell honestly? I wouldn’t give a shi*t and would hold zero malice against these guys and just move on.

No , you're not banned. I knew where your heart was before you explained it in this last post, that's why I let you go. There's nothing wrong with being protective of people you consider friends, in fact it's admirable. You owe no apologies. I did edit your post though as it was a little too harsh and graphic for public consumption.

I think you and Peter are just two well intentioned people who got off on the wrong foot by misunderstanding each other's intentions. Let's just end it here.

Get some rest and good luck on your exam.

wolftrax
[ * ]
Edited by wolftrax, May 9 2013, 02:15 AM.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
LOL, if you say so...

See, your work is far too scientific for those who are dealing with smoke and mirrors. I still think your stabilization video of PGF is one of the best ever done. But then again, I think you do good work in general.

wolftrax
[ * ]
Edited by wolftrax, May 9 2013, 02:16 AM.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
We are both old ;)

I was going to post, but thought it best to let it go as Ty stated! I know I screwed up and appreciate the words, and yes I know the situation now, and regret it.

So sure, I have no issues with Peter if he'll forgive me.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
I knew there was a gooey center in there somewhere, Keilder!!! ;)

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
In Keilder's case, it's called "Haggis"...

:biggrin2:

moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
Yep it happens a lot online. Some have gone so far as to put a huge circled C in the middle of their artwork/photos so it can't be used on other sites. A lot of the Stock Photo Sites use similar techniques as well. This site has their name emblazoned across the photos they offer for sale. Not enough to take away from the photo, but certainly enough to show who owns the rights to the photos.

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-19990752-two-business-colleagues-sitting-around-boardroom-table.php?st=9b46d82

Look across the center of the photo at the above link.
Edited by moregon, Jul 25 2013, 12:21 PM.

Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
Hey moregon ... yes, unfortunately, because of this experience, I had to replace all my artwork on the Sasquatch Illustration Project website with images that have "image copyrighted" on them.

http://www.sasquatchillustrationproject.moonfruit.com/

I don't like it, but it's a fact of life these days, with all the online thievery going on, and with the abundance of people out there who either have no scruples and will try to get away with anything ... or who have no clue.

There was another incident we discovered just the other day of another facebook group "borrowing" the map I created for OSR, using it, and calling it their own. Peter contacted them and they were at least gracious enough to take it down immediately with a public apology.

Now these guys? FB/FB? I have not heard one word of apology for what they did over and over. Not in private and not in public. They accused me publicly of being a censor, committing a terrorist attack against them, and being an organized conspiracy. Despite the fact that it's been proven they infringed copyright over and over, and that was the reason the book was pulled from publication. But instead of a public apology and a retraction of their slanderous comments about me, they tuck in their tails and close up shop.

I expect more than that.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
That's the problem with the internet, some people see it as an easy tool to exploit others..

Teresa
Member Avatar
Old Timer
[ *  * ]
Well, I'm late to the discussion but I went ahead and did my part. My review of the book is as follows:

Quote:

I would not recommend this book since some of the images were taken illegally and immorally from Patricia Barker, renowned artist from Canada. If the authors will steal artwork, then I have very little faith that their content of the book is genuine. They are making money using artwork that does not belong to them without permission of any kind from the artist involved. I wouldn't spend a dime on this book.

I've been told I can't draw my own bathwater, but by golly I find it disgusting and dishonest that people would steal something that wasn't there's to use for any reason.

Controversy follows Rick Dyer wherever he goes, I think that's the whole point. He doesn't care what people are saying about him, only that he's being paid lip service of any kind. IMHO.

Color me one of the censors :blink:
Edited by Teresa, Aug 9 2013, 01:40 PM.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I see this image has shown up again at http://whofortedblog.com/2013/11/12/sasquatch-must-die-why-cryptozoology-needs-a-body/

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks JC. They could have borrowed the image from the BFRO Manitoba report, or from numerous other locations where people republished it without permission before I put copyright watermarks on everything on my website.

At this point, if they aren't using it to make money from it and are just dressing up an article, I'm over it, you know? I can't be everywhere checking everything that's out there to see if my work is being used without permission. Calling out each and every person is getting ridiculous.

Let's face it. Anything online is going to get used again and again. Nature of the beast. If you don't want it co-opted, then don't post it online, lol.

So if it's a YouTube video, I'll stop it. If it's Facebook, I'll stop it. If it's promoting something I don't agree with, I'll stop it (or try). If it's for a money-making enterprise ... I'll definitely stop it. Otherwise, no energy to go at them all. Dammit!

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Would you be offended if one of us wrote the article's author without name dropping you, and asking where he got it? I like a good covert op.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
:lol: No, I wouldn't be offended.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I fully understand Pat. It's just a courtesy to let you know. If I were you, I'd just send a bill to everyone who uses it and let them pay you.

I've investigated photographic and other freehand artwork for my own use on 'things' and you could make some nice money. It's a lot more expensive nowadays than it used to be!

Otherwise, I think this would be the fastest way to get someone to take it down. (That "Oh shoot!" moment when you realize it ain't really free).

Keep smilin'

Markus Rexon
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Has anything happened to the YouTube videos you've reported yet? Its just wrong that people are using your artwork without permission.

Pat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, they were removed from Facebook eventually. If you read this whole thread, you'll see that I posted the details about it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Sasquatch Online · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone