Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Free Online Books
Topic Started: Mar 17 2013, 10:32 AM (214 Views)
moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
For years, even before I got my Kindle I've downloaded a number of books from online sources that are completely free to read. Most are on the Public Domain, some were donated by their authors.

Today I came across yet another site that lists Free Online books and came across one that might be of interest to those here. This one has not had it's copyright renewed so has fallen into the realm of Public Domain, even thought it it still being sold by a number of retailers. If you want a copy you can purchase it, but if you want to just read it, that you can do for free online. To advance through the book, you have to click on the link at the bottom of each page.

"Abominable Snowmen: LEGEND COME TO LIFE" by Ivan T. Sanderson

http://www.sacred-texts.com/lcr/abs/abs00.htm

Edited by moregon, Mar 17 2013, 10:34 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Cool! Probably 95% or better of what's on my Kindle has been free. I get a daily email through Pixel of Ink. I know there's a way to get them through the public libraries too, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet (after over a year LOL). I have just the basic Kindle e-reader.

moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
At the Gutenberg Project, http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

Which I believe has been around the longest, and probably the largest selection of FREE BOOKS available, you can download many of them in a variety of formats, including for the Kindle E Readers. Just download to your computer, then using the USB/Recharger Cable that came with the Kindle... (I'm assuming you know how to change the recharger to USB) then hook your kindle to the computer. The Kindle shows up as mass storage device. Now transfer files you downloaded to the computer to your Kindle where you can read them.

Everything at Gutenberg is free and they have titles available in English and in other languages. Just saw at the top of the page they currently offer 42,241 books as free downloads. Which means if you could manage to read 1 book per day, it will only take just 116 years to finish all of them. By then they'll probably have more you can start on.
Edited by moregon, Mar 17 2013, 04:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Books, Photos, Films, and Video · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone