Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Use Birds... ie Falcon?; This Tops Other Ideas I've Seen
Topic Started: Sep 25 2013, 11:23 AM (241 Views)
moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
A number of times over at the old BFF discussions came up regarding checking out the forests and surrounding lands using cameras mounted in airplanes, helicopters, remote controlled planes, helicopters and balloons. ALL of them have one drawback or another. Today, this link popped up on my Facebook Page and if ANYTHING would ever be successful... THIS would be it. In this country, for the most part we can NOT own eagles, but what about other large birds? Falcons? Even Crows? I think any of them would be capable of carrying a small video camera mounted on them, as long as they were trained to return to the owner. Some VERY COOL Video taken from a camera mounted on an eagle in this link.

http://fullym.com/want-to-do-aerial-video-and-photography-without-a-remote-control-plane-train-an-eagle/
Edited by moregon, Sep 25 2013, 11:28 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Thats a pretty cool idea and that scenery is AWESOME.

Though I have to admit A European or African Swallow sprang to mind.

Redwolf
Not to be messed with. Seriously.
[ *  *  * ]
Interesting idea. I wonder if someone in the Falconry world would be interested in trying something like this?

keilder
Sep 25 2013, 11:37 AM
Thats a pretty cool idea and that scenery is AWESOME.

Though I have to admit A European or African Swallow sprang to mind.
Okay, I nearly chocked on my spaghetti there lol.

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound camera!
Edited by Redwolf, Sep 25 2013, 07:04 PM.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
But they DO carry coconuts..

Markus Rexon
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Saw the video, looks interesting...although, the chances of one catching a video of Bigfoot is very slim.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Technology and Tools · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone