Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video from Mississippi
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 10:17 PM (403 Views)
Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
(The 'breakdown' underneath the actual video isn't worth watching, btw... just fair warning)

I can't pinpoint exactly why, but something about this just feels right.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/10/breaking-mississippi-man-films-skunk.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&m=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I believe the kid taking the video thinks he saw a skunk ape.

While it looks very, very realistic, at the :09 to :12 mark I can see a human arm come out on the left side of that tree. The weather was right for someone to be wearing a jacket or coat of some sort. I could see someone pushing the sleeves up and making this look like a massive creature, but I can't see someone having the hood pulled up with temps in the 60 degree range.

Then just before "it" stands up, what appears to be a silver colored object is taken from the tree. I could see this being someone retrieving a trail cam from a tree where it was camouflaged.

I can also see this being the real deal though too, so who knows.

I just wish the person taking this had reached out and pulled that branch down so the camera would have focused closer to the subject, then we might not be wondering.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Guess I've been slumming it for the past few years. :crazy:

I have that same feeling, Stacy..... this feels authentic to me in a couple of ways. It looks very much like a powerful ape sitting in front of a rotten tree pulling out strips of wood and looking for grubs/bugs. I can even practically see it doing this even though its back is towards the camera. The other thing that is VERY ape-like is the casual tossing away of the strips of wood. Seems like something you'd see a gorilla do. I can even see a sagital crest. Hearing the loud ripping noises makes me think whatever is doing this is very strong.

I just now read the stuff he wrote (I watched the video first so I wouldn't be influenced by what he wrote). Yep, digging out a stump is exactly what it looks like. :thumbs:

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I swear that looks like a chimpanzee.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I've waited for some time to see if anything came to light on this video, but it hasn't. What I do know is that this clip was featured in Discovery Channel's show Beasts of the Bayou-Swamp Werewolf. Richard Luis Bosworth played Josh Highcliff. It was supposedly filmed in Killian, LA but the show also talks about Venice, LA so it could be this one particular episode was filmed in Killian.

In the show, one group is hunting for whatever Josh Highcliff filmed and another group featuring Dr. Meldrum is in Baton Rouge trying to capture and tag what he thinks might be a wolf/coyote hybrid. In the show, Josh Highcliff is now a hog farmer and his face is thinly blocked to hide his identity.

OK, so the youtube video surfaces Oct, 2013. The TV show premiers July, 2014.

So, on one hand it's possible the show did use the 'real' youtube video from a Josh Highcliff near Tunica, MS as part of the show, or on the other hand, they created it in the first place for the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Books, Photos, Films, and Video · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone