Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What do you think about the Patterson-Gimlin video?
Its the real thing. 8 (57.1%)
Heck, its real! 0 (0%)
No, its fake. 2 (14.3%)
SO FAKE! 0 (0%)
Not sure. 4 (28.6%)
Total Votes: 14
The Patterson-Gimlin Video; What do you think?
Topic Started: Dec 21 2013, 06:14 PM (689 Views)
Markus Rexon
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I'm surprised that there isn't a topic for this...so I guess I'll start one.

So, I'm sure that all of you have at least heard of the notorious Patterson-Gimlin (or, just "Patterson") Bigfoot video. That short video, about one minute long, shows a large female Bigfoot walking across the rocky ground of Bluff Creek back in 1969. This is defiantly the most popular Bigfoot video ever, and without it, the mystery of Bigfoot might not have received as much attention as it does today. For those who haven't seen it, click here to see it.
You can also read the Wikipedia Article to find out more about the video.
So, what do you guys think about it? Do you think that its a legitimate video proving the existence of Bigfoot, or a fake clip to brings its creators fame?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
There isn't a topic on it only because we've debated it ad nauseum over on our previous two boards. But you're welcome to bring the subject up! Just don't expect a ton of discussion as it's been talked to death.

(but I could be wrong!)

Redwolf
Not to be messed with. Seriously.
[ *  *  * ]
Susan
Jan 15 2014, 12:08 AM
There isn't a topic on it only because we've debated it ad nauseum over on our previous two boards. But you're welcome to bring the subject up! Just don't expect a ton of discussion as it's been talked to death.

(but I could be wrong!)
Nope, not wrong at all. :lol:

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I think it's real or the best hoax in history.

You can see muscle movement under the hair/fur

The fur/hair becomes darker along lower spine, like a gorilla's hair

The walk is extremely difficult to copy

It has breasts :$ , who would or could make a suit like that? In 1967?

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I think it's nice to have newcomers bring up old subjects such as this, it's like a breath of fresh air I don't mind sharing again..

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
I'm not sure!. I've read a good bit about the suite, the walk, Hieronimus etc., Pattersons history, the camera! somethings just don't add up.

Look a tree peeker, look they like to crawl on their stomachs, they only come out at night, are so ellusive god hasn't seen them in years. Patty is like, F*ck you all I'm a squatch and shakes that booty.

Was this the last ever Squatch in existence or is there more? If more why no more videos in over 40 years? and it kind'a blows the supernatural/time hoping/wormhole gliding aspect out the water if it's real.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
I think she was genuinely surprised, probably having a drink in the creek, was up wind and with the noise of the creek didn't hear the horses approaching. I think Patterson got damn lucky. Remember, his footage wasn't that clear or close, we're used to seeing the enhanced version where it looks like she's just walking away showing the world her butt. It all happened very quickly and she was gone before he could get much on film at all.....

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
There's about 3:29 of video on YouTube which shows the animal walking off towards the tree line, I think Patterson ran out of film then.

Doberman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Not sure.....My eyes say yes......, but the major hang up for me is Patterson's character and all the sub-plots to the story. I may be wrong, but from what I've read, he was kinda a shadey guy.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
There has been a lot of speculation about "The Suit". I grew up on SciFi circa 1960s and I can tell you that Hollywood productions required a lot of imagination back then. I think people erroneously believe that the Planet of the Apes characters were just masks and costume. You can see the 'making of' in this home video Roddy McDowall shot: Roddy McDowall's Home Movie

As you can see, it wasn't a mask in the sense that we think of Halloween masks. Also, if you look at clips of that movie shot outdoors, you'll notice the 'fur' doesn't shine much at all in comparison to the P/G film.

If this was a suit of any sort, I think it had to have been made out of bear skin. If you've ever seen a real mink coat, you'd know that there are distinctive lines at the seams on any real fur coat, which I'd have to believe would be visible in all the analysis that has been done on this footage over the years. Not to mention, a suit of that size would physically have been about the size of a German Shepherd, so not easy to hide.

From my point of view, since I don't think this could have been a suit, I'm left with it had to be real.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Bukwas
Jan 16 2014, 10:34 PM
There's about 3:29 of video on YouTube which shows the animal walking off towards the tree line, I think Patterson ran out of film then.
You got a link, Buk? I think I've seen that but it's been years ago now.....

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That in my eyes JC is the strongest defense and lets slap some jugs on it. You couldn't do that back then with the materials and techonology at hand...BUT I am also with Doberman his character and ahhhh something really isn't right.

But I like to go back to the Dogman video that circled a few years back, if you time-lined the frames you seen the cuts! BUT everybody didn't know and it was compelling. It was all staged.

If he had never released anything else, that would still be circling today regardless of the cuts.

And why the only one in all this time? I buy the horse Susie and the stream, but still. if you take the PGF away as it never existed, 'EVER' what do you have?

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
You still have a ton of anecdotal sightings and reports of footprints, screams, tree knocks etc..... and crazy lunatics who want to believe so badly they are willing to hoax evidence....

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Ohhhh Fartblossom!!

Linky:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-8FeEEo-8‎

^_^

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Ok, there are not 3:29 minutes of Patty walking into the trees, there's a 5 second clip that's played over and over in various resolutions. I've seen that before, just not for awhile. The actual amount of time she's on film total is VERY little, maybe 25 seconds? That's what I meant by my previous comment.

Regardless of whether the film is real or not (I think it is) there have still been hundreds of sightings all over North America. So if it is proven not to be real, I don't think it's the nail in the coffin that Sasquatch doesn't exist. Just ask a few people from Pure Michigan...... :biggrin2:

Pat
Member Avatar
Kick-ass Artist in Residence
[ *  *  * ]
... and Ontario, and Indiana ... :D

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Yes! :D

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
So Scotlands out then?

NathanFooter
[ * ]
Oh Boy ! :blink: The classic film that started the bigfoot legend { NOT }.

This film has endured over 40 some years of debate and UV rays from the hundreds of magnifying glasses placed upon it.

With all the muscle movement, tissue reactions to physical forces and the lack of the materials and human attainable proportions in both areas of size and limb ratio, I am fairly dug in to the earth of the film showing a real sasquatch.

Though in my opinion it is most likely real I voted not sure because I am not 100% certain.{ I can't be 100% simply because my knowledge of that time and the people involved is limited and in combination I was not there, BUT lets say I am 98% sure it is authentic }

Shockingly to many, for me it does not matter. If I found out this Sunday that the film was faked it would not change my position or my goals for obvious reasons.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I think we're all agreed on that if it was deemed a fake (did I just say deemed?) it wouldn't deter us, It simply fueled our already present curiosity.

Strigoi
[ *  * ]
Bill Munns' film analysis is coupled with his experimental work trying to build a Bigfoot costume to match the 1967 film and co-authorship of a peer-reviewed paper with Meldrum showing it couldn't have been a costume. Munns' studied film and worked for 35 years making monsters for films, museums, and wildlife exhibits, thus is highly-qualified for the study he has done. His conclusions cannot be dismissed.

http://undebunkingbigfoot.blogspot.com/2013/08/patterson-gimlin-bigfoot-film-analysis.html

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I've visited Munn's work off and on over the past years, but now that he has published his book, I crammed through everything on his website. Interesting...

One of the greatest things that I think he has done is this SIMULATION

He has Bob Gimlin telling the story alongside the simulation which makes it even better. It's interesting to hear Munns narrating from what he found from analyzing the footage being almost 'voice-overed' by Gimlin telling how and what happened while pointing to the model.
Edited by Just Curious, Jan 30 2015, 03:29 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Books, Photos, Films, and Video · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone