Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivorman: Bigfoot; Les Stroud Suckered?
Topic Started: May 5 2014, 10:55 PM (237 Views)
Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I'm surprised no one has started a thread about this show, I have enjoyed Les Stroud's Survivorman series for years and I find him to be a down to earth, factual person. I remember the episode in Alaska where he had strange gorilla like sounds while he was trying to set up camp. Has he hooked up with the wrong or right person to pursue this and do you think this will affect his reputation positively or negatively?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Like you Buk, I’ve always enjoyed Survivorman as he is much better than our UK wild man Bear Grylls, though Ray Mears may give him a run for his money and would probably eat him, as he eats everything, that’s why villagers hide these days. When I heard about this I had to watch it and had mixed feelings. I liked how he critiqued everything and tried to reason things out and came up with explanations of snow fall, weather, lifting the trees (weight) the roots and more.

More importantly what piqued my interest IF factual, was the saying those sounds he heard, he had heard before but dismissed them as normal wildlife, etc., That I did find interesting.

For Standing, it is what it is. I really didn’t have any views on the guy as I am biased knowing what I know about him, so just watched it for pure pleasure and the subject matter.

But I liked both episodes, I really did.

Thinking back to those episodes as its been over a week now. Standing knows the area well and I mean well, so am thinking he could have had this planned for awhile and placed all those structures in place years ago by dragging dead fall and other bits in. One thing that separates Standing from the rest of the loons and whacko’s is the guys not stupid.

That’s one thing Les never considered, also for the sounds out so far and at that time with them alone, that’s pretty easy also using a transmitter and receiver set to howl on a delay, if he can afford a thermal and some high tech camera equipment which Standing has, a simple set-up like that is nothing.

It could even be simpler, he could have had an inReach with mapping (as it uses the iridium satellites with global coverage instead of Globstar) in his pack and as he approached a certain location people he was working with set the sounds off. It’s probably how I would do it…then my hands and everything are in focus and sight at all times and the other person is tracking my progress every 10 seconds online on an overlay map then “ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” “Did you hear that?”

I don’t know!

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Were the sounds he heard before actually recorded while filming, and were they played on his show? If so, I wonder if there's somewhere to hear them. I've never watched it. Apparently though, nobody thought to research who they chose to partner him with for this thing (which I also have never watched), 'cause that's a sharp hit to his own credibility.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Try this, there's a few topics concerning Standing and bigfoot.
http://lesstroud.ca/

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
They were actually on the episodes, and to me anyway, really obscure and low If Standing hadn't pointed them out or Stroud I think I would have missed them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News and Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone