Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Do you wear camo
Topic Started: Jan 13 2015, 12:50 PM (1,648 Views)
Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
I was wondering how many that do field work wear camo. I did not for a long time and decided to see if I wore camo I would be harder to see and possibly have better luck getting a visual encounter. I just have the feeling that they might think someone wearing camo is a hunter and dangerous. What are your feelings on this?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I think if you're there, and they're there, they're gonna know you're there no matter what you're wearing, unless you find a place to hole up early and plan to sit there quietly for a few hours to stake out the place.

I do wear camo a lot, but mostly because it hides the dirt easily and I don't feel like I'm ruining my good clothes that way!

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
My best encounter I was wearing pink. They had to smell me before they saw me. I could not see anything through the brush that was between us. The wind was at my back blowing towards them so they must have smelled me first. I can imagine that we smell like the cosmetic department at a department store to them. Humans have lost their ability to smell because we are bombarded with strong human made scents. Nearly everything we use is scented now.
Edited by Hikergirl, Jan 13 2015, 05:24 PM.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
You two could always compromise. :D

Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: mini_8670.jpg (63.99 KB)
Edited by keilder, Jan 17 2015, 08:12 AM.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I don't think there's any sense in wearing camo, the big fellows are probably aware of your prescence whether it's by sight, sound or smell. I definitely wear orange so someone won't mistake me for anything else.

Keilder doesn't wear camo either BTW.

He goes commando.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
:lol:

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Keilder goes commando? :Jawdrop: Never thought of that approach. Then again a local girl did that and has never been seen again up North of me. I did some searching for her. Sad story.

Those pink camo pants are cute. I have a hat to match actually. Sure would like to know if BF are color blind. With such good night vision they very well might be.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hikergirl
Jan 18 2015, 11:48 AM
Keilder goes commando? :Jawdrop:
Sometimes, I just love the freedom of movement and it goes with my beard.

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 2imagesadad9.jpg (76.16 KB)
Edited by keilder, Jan 18 2015, 08:47 PM.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Funny!

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Looks like a cross between cousin It from the Addams family and one of those troll dolls.. Cute but creepy :blink:
Edited by Bukwas, Jan 22 2015, 09:40 PM.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
My hair was about the same color as keilder's beard so I have always tried to wear pink or orange or purple so I wouldn't accidentally get shot by some yahoo.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I also hear you and Mickey are partial to green spandex. :wub:

sorry
Edited by keilder, Jan 29 2015, 07:18 AM.

moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
People start talking about "Going Commando" and I get shivers of terror running up and down my spine. There's just some places in this country you don't want to "Go Commando" especially if you hear banjo music and men squealing like pigs! Males wearing "PINK" in those same locations is also probably not advisable.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Sound advice Keilder..

Poor Ned Beatty.
Edited by Bukwas, Feb 7 2015, 11:11 PM.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Speaking of Commando, from personal experience don't bare your bottom to a watching male BF! Check the wood line first.
Edited by Hikergirl, Feb 8 2015, 01:30 PM.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
:blink: :blink: :blink:

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
If that had not been the purpose for my bare bottom, I would have wet myself when the watching BF let loose with a very gorilla like chest thumping behind me. I had never heard of such a thing but a woman researcher in BC said the same thing happened to her once. And a friend of hers in California reported something similar. I do not know if the act of relieving oneself in their presence is the issue or they interpret that act as "presentation" like many apes do. Needless to say it really scared me. I had no idea one was even around.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That reminds me I need to download Assault of the Sasquatch.
Edited by keilder, Feb 9 2015, 03:44 PM.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
You mooned a sasquatch?

Gutsy! :D

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
I have to blame it on diet soda. I drank one on my way out to do field work and really had to go when I got there. One would not think I had anything to worry about where I parked my car on a county road. I was more worried about someone seeing me while driving by so I had my back to the woods. Anyway like you say, not a good idea to do it intentionally if you know one is watching. Unless you are trying to get a reaction. Sometimes I wonder if we try to much to be nice and friends and do not anything to provoke them. Then again that could be dangerous. We really do not know much about them at all.
Edited by Hikergirl, Feb 10 2015, 12:34 PM.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Interesting technique

Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: bigfoot_hunting.jpg (68.58 KB)
Edited by keilder, Feb 10 2015, 05:16 PM.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Looks like me after 4 beers and a Redbull...

Intersesting observation Hikergirl, I've sometimes wondered if female or male anatomy (female more than male) triggers a response in BF's, this is not the first account of human females encountering male BF's and there is an "aggresive macho" resonse.

BTW can someone change Hikergirl's title from Advanced Member to "Cheeky" please?

Susan? ;)
Edited by Bukwas, Feb 11 2015, 12:04 AM.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Cheeky huh?

I heard a report about a male human who got up one dark night while camping, walked away from his tent, and nearly peed on a bigfoot standing near a tree in the dark. The bigfoot let out a big roar. Most male animals have some sort of marking behavior. Perhaps BF does too?

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Done and done...... ;)

Nice picture, Keilder, :lol:

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
You don't know how funny my title is with that change. I heard through the grapevine that one of the neighbor men after seeing me bent over all the time in the yard weeding the beds, now calls me cheeks. Talk about making me self conscious! And now there is this!
Edited by Hikergirl, Feb 12 2015, 12:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fieldwork and Research · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone