Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rock stack question
Topic Started: Jan 13 2015, 01:11 PM (745 Views)
Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
I see lots of rock stack stuff in my research area but have absolutely nothing to tie that to bigfoot. They are usually on stumps, often in isolated areas, and sometimes are next to game trails. I must have a dozen pictures of them. Even if I found a bigfoot footprint right next to one, that would not mean that the stack was created by a bigfoot. It could have just walked by. I guess until someone sees a bigfoot making one, we cannot really associate them with bigfoot. Since the ones I see are in clear cut areas, I wonder if they might be markers by reforestation people, that show where they have applied herbicide. They usually post signs warning that an area has been sprayed but perhaps use rocks on stumps to mean something.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Good call, Hikergirl.....

Yeah, we don't know whether rock stacking has anything to do with BF. It could be trail markers used by hikers. I see all kinds of crazy markings designating the location of rustic camping sites made by people alongside the roads.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
These were recent finds. It seems mark a rarely used game trail that meanders up a slope. The large rocks have to weigh a 100 lbs each. I tried to post a picture but it is too big.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Try this to resize photos.

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Bigfoot_Discussions/single/?p=8068090&t=7041115

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Hikergirl
Jan 16 2015, 12:34 PM
These were recent finds. It seems mark a rarely used game trail that meanders up a slope. The large rocks have to weigh a 100 lbs each. I tried to post a picture but it is too big.
Rocks weighing 100 lbs each! Well, that's a different kettle of fish!

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
I resized the picture and these are the biggest rock stacks in the area. I don't think I could have lifted them. I might have been able to roll them off the stump.

If done by a human, why in the world pick such big rocks?
Attached to this post:
Attachments: bigrockstack__500x375_.jpg (169.49 KB)
Edited by Hikergirl, Jan 16 2015, 06:28 PM.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
This is another rock stack I found about a mile away from the previous picture I posted. Notice there is another in this picture too. They defined a rarely used game trail. Have no idea who/what put them here. In some cases the rocks have to be from some distance away because the immediate area just does not have rocks like that nearby.

Posted Image
Edited by Hikergirl, Jan 18 2015, 11:38 AM.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Is that another rock stack in the distance to the right?

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Yes it is a second one. The rocks on the further one are a lot bigger than these rocks. This one with my recorder and hiking pole is one of the more intricate ones. To give you an idea of the size of the rocks, my recorder is 4.5 inches tall. Most of the time they are three rocks on a stump as are the most distant rock stack. A friend and I found a couple way out on the lahar on Mt St Helens. Near it was a 16 inch footprint in the moss. Just South of Ape Canyon. Did a person make the rock stack and a BF come to examine it, or did a BF make the rock stack and leave the print doing it. No way of knowing.

This one is typical for the area. Usually three rocks.

Posted Image
Edited by Hikergirl, Jan 20 2015, 12:09 PM.

moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
Seeing stacked rocks is very common along the left coast, aka Pacific Coast, especially from northern California and north. Usually put there by the "Free Thinkers" of the society in that area of the country. Usually those stacks are a mixture of flat and round and show intellect and skill in balance, not just a stack of rocks. I have found stacks similar to the ones you have in Northern Wisconsin, primarily as you said along hidden game trails, usually within sight of, although somewhat hidden from the view or nearby roadways. THOSE I contribute to hunters, probably wanting to relocate the entrance to a gametrail they have set their tree stand along or had luck on during a previous hunt during a past season. One other possibility is if there are no hidden game trails or other accesses visible to the surrounding woods, a further possibility is they could be a marker for a "Geocach" Treasure. That growing hobby where people hide treasures and try to locate treasures hidden by others using a portable GPS System.

https://www.geocaching.com/

One of the described Geocach locations at the above site says...

"Geocache Description:

An Ammo can about an hour up a fairly easy trail.

Take trail from picnic area. Round trip will be about two hours, but could easily be less. Trail is marked with signs and stacked rocks. There are times where you will have to walk through waist high grass, and wet ground. Our shoes got a little wet. There is a beautiful big pool of water by the cache. Be careful while searching for the cache, there may be snakes around. I also recommend long pants, especially in the summer."
Edited by moregon, Feb 25 2015, 05:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Rest of the Speculation · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone