Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I do not know what this is.
Topic Started: Jan 20 2015, 12:48 PM (482 Views)
Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
This is one of the bigger mysteries I have from field work. I was hiking a trail and noticed a large black thing on a nearby ridge line. I kept looking at it and did not see any motion that was obvious. But if you stare at something, you start imagining you see it move. So I took a couple of pictures and went on my way. When I got home, I blew it up since the object was probably a half mile away. Sure looked like a bigfoot holding a small one. So the next day I went back to the same spot and sure enough it was still there. I tried to get to it but the area was a huge clear cut, and I just had to give up climbing over slash piles for fear I would fall and break a leg. Then it went out of sight below the curve of the ridge. So I just blew it off as a stump that really looked like a bigfoot. You can even see a stick between its "legs". But a month later it was not there any more. Yes stumps can fall down, but in a month?

This is a really extreme blow up just to the point where it starts pixelating. What do you think? I don't know.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
I had something happen to me one time. Not exactly the same, but similar. I was in Cooper Lake (above Lake Cle Elum and Salmon La Sac Campground) with the hubby and our kids, we were each in two rubber boats, my son and I in one and hubby and daughter in the other. This was probably about 10 years ago now. (ok just checked, 12 years ago! I'm old) As we're floating around not too far from each other, I was scanning the shoreline to the south, which is basically trees (mostly evergreen but we were near a stretch of deciduous) very thickly right up to the water's edge. I saw a dark shadow or what I thought was a dark "squatchy" shaped shadow, not moving. All of a sudden some branches moved and my heart skipped into my throat. We were far enough off shore that we were safe, although the primitive campground from which we launched our boats was behind us on the opposite side of the lake. I realized it was just the wind, which sometimes takes branches/leaves and causes them to "wave" when others around them are still. Not sure why this happens but I've seen it happen before and since. FYI, there is a forest road that runs parallel to the lake but it's not near the shoreline at all and there are no hiking trails along the shoreline that I'm aware of.

I'm not saying what you saw wasn't something that was actually there (and then a month later it was gone) but I do know that light and shadows play tricks on us and our minds are always looking for a pattern. Who knows? Keep hiking and keep taking pictures! ;)

Here's a picture of Cooper Lake looking west towards the Cascades. You can see the deciduous brush on the left side, that's near where I was talking about.

Cooper Lake

I tried to post a cute picture of my daughter (who was 5 at the time) sitting on the edge of the rubber boat, legs sticking towards the water (with her life jacket on), daredevil that she is/was, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to resize the picture, it was too large. I think my son forgot to re-install Photoshop and he's away at college! Ack! Yes, I'm old......

Edited by Susan, Jan 20 2015, 07:18 PM.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
The parts that I cannot understand is if it was not a stump, then why was it in exactly the same place the next day? I took pictures the next day too. Not a light shadow issue since the hillside is mostly bare. Then again if it is a stump why did it go away? I thought the next day that it might have been some logger that decided to do some chain saw art and he carved a BF out of a stump. I tried to get to it but just couldn't. That would have cleared things up. At this point I will never know. The only thing we can ever say about pictures are that they can be interesting. They can never prove anything.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I played around with this in Photoshop today to see if I could bring some clarity to the picture. The best I can do is determine there are 2 trees behind 'it'. You can see the bottom of the left hand tree in this picture and just to the right that reddish area is the bottom of the other tree. Unfortunately, I can't get any definition to 'it' to determine what it might be.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
I got a software program that claims it will allow blow ups without pixilation. Tried it on the picture and it basically does nothing. I think the software is a rip off because it does not seem to do much of anything that ordinary blow up features do. If anyone has anything they think might work let me know and I can provide the original. Not that I think it is anything but a stump. If the thing was not there the next day I would think it could be the real deal. That is the problem with digital pictures. They are made of dots instead of continuous shapes that blow up better without becoming bigger dots.

What got me excited about the picture was that I knew there was a juvenile in the area and thought this might be mom holding it.
Edited by Hikergirl, Jan 27 2015, 11:52 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Sightings and Reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone