Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivorman Bigfoot 2015
Topic Started: Mar 31 2015, 11:14 AM (1,191 Views)
Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
Heads up on the Survivorman Bigfoot 2015 premiere. April 3, 2015 on Science Channel. 7 PM Eastern so check your local listings. Filmed on Klemtu Hill in Canada. No mention of Tod Standing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Watched it yesterday, meh..

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I wondered if Standing was involved in this season...hopefully Les Stroud did his homework after all the flak he was taking over being associated with him. As long as Standing's not on it, we'll probably watch it.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Les is solo once again, talk about saving face..

I think he got a couple of knuckle prints and heard a huge tree go down, whether it was natural or otherwise it sure gave him the heebie-jeebies. ^_^

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
It can be found on both Discovery and Science channel at various times. I have watched it twice now. He did seem pretty nervous during parts of it.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Heís not solo Bro though thankfully Standing isnít present.

If you watch at 22:25 and the Ariel view when he purports to be alone with his hands by his side on the shore line and tent, somebody else is flying the drone. And again at 23:00 I could be that was done then they left him later.

I also read your comments before I watched this and as he paddled in at 21:30 he states it is so calm at least I will hear a tree fall. That did make me go mmmhhh!!!

But he is the Klemtu region, and states a young boy went missing around the lake and many people went looking and found caves, but stopped their search due to the stench emitting from them. So has a look and canít find any.

He also finds two footprints on the beach which are too me anyway very light as others are more defined in the sand. He casts them and takes them to Bingernagel for his thoughts then upon returning, you donít hear anything but he sits after beaching the canoe and states a tree has just fell, and does appear spooked.

He then tries wood knocking and states if he gets a reply heíll probably not stay, and while doing so looks also generally spooked.

I do actually like Stroud so am somewhat biased. I thought it was a well put together show.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the summary, K. I'd seen commercials for this but didn't actually watch the program.

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I caught 2 & 3 earlier

2) The Hoopa area if I recall and he later takes a tribal member with him to their lake and tries to start a fire and can't. Knocking starts and he checks, and finds what appears to be a hollow tree, but no conclusive evidence, this continues until it starts to rain and they attempt to start a fire, and this is where it gets a bit weird. Even toilet roll won't burn, then after despair and out of matches and only 'Some' embers a tree falls after the knocking stops and inside is dry tinder and wood, which takes instantly with the embers.

3) The return to Standings location up the Mountain from last year and Standing! Les goes alone at first with comments that Standing basically has said use whatever to get evidence so he covers the lower region with an assortment of various cameras, sound recorders etc. He climbs up before Standing arrives and ventures over no-mans land that Standing said was theirs and has a look.

An Apple and power bars are placed on a tree, he stands on Standings shoulders who raises and Les places them into small branches on the tree a good 14 ish feet up, the next morning they are gone and the cam trap has been knocked over. Standing jumps to the possibility they have evidence. Later it is revealed some rodent knocked over the cam trap. Standing leaves after they have repeated the apple and power bars for Les's last night and secures the cam trap more securely. This is where it also gets weird. The next morning they are gone but the cam has caught 9 videos. In the edit that follows Les states the traps at the base of the Mountain caught something moving so fast it set off the cameras even dust particles triggered them, then it jumps to him up the Mountain and that cam monitoring the tree, one video the apple and power bars are present, the next video gone, no time code or date is displayed.

To get even weirder Les narrating states 'look at the middle tree and the branches' and you see slight movement on them and I mean slight, then I don't know something appearing that could be anything, but he states that location is six foot off the ground then pooffff the apple et all vanish.

Thoughts? I don't know, what I do know is dust particles will not set off an IR sensor as they are passive looking for a heat source on a single, dual or quad sensor (think of it like a grid the more compact or squares in a grid the less false triggers and more accurate) They will only activate on heat! Apart from that, I don't know on this.
Edited by keilder, Apr 20 2015, 07:47 AM.

Hikergirl
Member Avatar
Cheeky
[ *  *  * ]
There is a thing going around where people are seeing a bigfoot up in a tree when Les is looking at a broken branch on last weeks episode. Not sure if it is real or just a bunch of leaves in the way. Thinker Thunker put out a video on it.
Edited by Hikergirl, Apr 29 2015, 02:56 PM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I looked at that yesterday, and it does look like there's something dark with arms and legs moving in that tree, but there's just no telling what it is. To me, it doesn't seem like they'd get themselves stranded in a tree with no cover, in broad daylight, with nowhere to go, but who knows? :)

keilder
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Can you give me an episode and time code so I can have a look as I have them on H/D. I had read the same but dismissed them, as when you look at youtube you always have comments similiar. Look behind, look at this area of the screen, blah blah...

However on this, I am happy to spend sometime looking and pulling out the frames and enhancing them.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Wishing I would have watched these episodes when they originally aired. I finally watched the video Stacy posted on FB of Stroud speaking at an Idaho event and he seems like a very believable guy. I've seen a few of his shows before but didn't realize he was doing a whole series on BF.

Ah well, maybe I can catch them on re-run or On Demand. The Discovery site has nothin....
Edited by Susan, May 13 2015, 01:16 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News and Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone