Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Current Trends in Bigfootery
Topic Started: May 6 2015, 09:33 AM (689 Views)
Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
So ya know, other than chatting occasionally and Admin'ing here, I stayed completely, 100% out of the online bigfooting thing for 5 years. No forums, no blogs, nothing--I remained blissfully clueless about the events, topics, and newcomers to the fray.

A few months ago I started following a couple of Facebook groups and listening to a pretty good radio show called Sasquatch Chronicles. Boy, have things changed LOL... all the old stuff that's been bandied about hundreds of times is still being tossed around like it's something new (ideas, theories, questions, etc.) but there's new stuff which drives me NUTS:

1. There are 4 types of bigfoot, according to a know-it-all or two who cite confidential government informants who say so.

2. Ten years ago, "Dogman" was a mythical werewolf-like legend in the upper Midwest...now, not only is it one of these supposed four types, but people actua lly, seriously buy into the notion that there are actual werewolves out there. Seriously.

3. It seems to be commonly accepted that these things are vicious and want nothing more than to scare, harm, and/or eat people. That's right....there are people who think nobody should ever go into the woods unarmed, if at all, because these things are literally lurking everywhere, waiting to kill and eat people. All those missing people? Bigfoot.

4. These same so-called "government insiders" supposedly confirm that yes, there is a coverup conspiracy that not only keeps people thinking they're only a myth, but sends out hit squads to find and eliminate nasty groups who are doing the killing and eating.

I mean....come on. And people seem to be eating this stuff up like it's just accepted fact. Boy, things have changed. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, that particular show is noted for their Killer Sasquatch agenda. I think they also tend to have guests who put forth the gov't conspiracy crap. I suppose that a lot of people like a good horror story and the show-runners are willing to oblige.

As for those 4 types...oi vey... (did I ever tell you I don't like him?)

And I have yet to see for myself or know anyone personally who has had a dogman encounter. Accordingly to the latest thinking process though, I just need to be patient. Others have had encounters so I might too. And until a specimen is brought in, the verdict is still out on whether it's bigfoot or not.

^That sounds all :scratch: doesn't it? I think it's a taint.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Yep lol...

You don't like the "4-types" guy, would that be Wm. Jevening?

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
Wow Stace, from what you describe it seems that the Sasquatch Chronicles makes the BFF look like a down to earth, sensible bunch.
Werewolves, didn't we leave that back in the turn of the 19th century?
I love hearing the conspiracy theorists talk about government this and that, they're actually giving credit that our gov knows more than we do and even more, know what they're doing.
This is the only Bigfoot related website I visit..

Unless I want to roll my eyes till they pop out, then I'll look at others.
;)

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
LOL... it's generally a pretty decent group, other than all the newbies being convinced of these things by a couple of people who present themselves as knowing everything. Friendly, peaceful, if a bit naive. :lol:

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
It will always be the same Stacy, why like you I backed off years back and limited myself to this board and glancing at another blog. Nothing changes, just the people and round and round and round they go..........

I cuaght recently Dr. Johnson (sp?) saying he seen portals and his torch (light) when shone closed it and when the beam was off it opened, and it was guarded by two smaller creatures with red eyes.

People wonder why I took to drinking and not giving a flying f*ck. :D

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Good Grief!!!! :blink: :blink:

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Well, it looks like I've been banned from the Sasquatch Chronicles Fans FB group. On the show's actual website, there's the option to pay for membership, which gets you bonus shows and access to their forums, which initially were lousy (the format). Well, there was a big dust-up back in...I'm gonna say February? Things got crazy and nasty and blew up the way they used to occasionally on the old BFF (I managed to stay out of it, if you can believe that!), and the forums were removed. Now remember, the forums are part of the PAID content. Many people (including me) paid for a year up front to get a couple of months free.

So the show's host, Wes Germer, stated at the beginning of his show a couple of weeks ago that he was working on getting the forums revamped and back up on the website. The other day, I tagged him on the FB page to ask when we might expect to see the forums back, because all the werewolf, dimension-hopping, shape-shifting, mindspeak talk that had started taking over the FB page was making me crazy. It immediately devolved into a "dogman is real!" thing, after which I pointed out that I didn't say anything about the so-called dogman, I said WEREWOLF. Blah blah, and anyway I restated my question.

Few hours later, noticed that I hadn't been getting the near-constant notifications that there was activity on the page, so went back (TRIED) to check, and kept getting redirected back to my own page. Hmmmm.....so I found the page doing's a search, and it listed, but same thing happened when I clicked on it. I thought...there's no way they banned me for asking that question...but by golly, the group no longer showed on my Groups list, and none of the older notifications were showing anymore in that list, either.

So apparently, because I had the GALL to ask the show/website owner a question, the group admin(s) didn't like that and, without notice or any word to me, banned me LOL....not really missing anything there, it's where the woo-woos hang out (or as the new terminology refers to them, the "flute players,"--those who we used to call the romantics and whack-jobs), but seriously!?? LOL :lol:

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Ah right, I recall reading somethig now on that. Were they accused of hoaxing or something like that?

That flute player made me laugh Stacy however, y'all didn't know I used to play the flute for real did ya? :lol:

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Hey me too, from 5th grade through 12th! :lol:

Yeah, Wes gave the date wrong once or something, and both brothers talked about what a bright moonlit night it was, and apparently there was cloud cover or something...but we've all been out there when there's cloud cover, but atmospheric conditions still cause there to be quite a bit of illumination on the ground. I've never noted any inconsistencies in their story. and it rings true to me.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
I do believe this forum has discovered the secret on keeping a Bigfoot based forum sucessful..

A. Don't talk so much about bigfoot, we do have lives.

B. Take what you see and hear with a grain of salt (internet wise)

C. We don't tolerate a$$-hats..

That being said I am now going to refill my mason jar with a white zinfandel and watch Boo-boo the cat put his butt up against the AC filter intake because he's a freak.
-_-
Edited by Bukwas, May 15 2015, 11:05 PM.

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GuyInIndiana
Member Avatar
General Peepmaster
[ *  *  * ]
Bukwas
May 15 2015, 11:05 PM

That being said I am now going to refill my mason jar with a white zinfandel and watch Boo-boo the cat put his butt up against the AC filter intake because he's a freak.
-_-
You should take a picture of that, post it at a Bigfoot Forum, claiming that you suspect a BF is mind-speaking to your cat making him do this activity. See how many others chime in wondering if THEIR animals are having this happen to them too.

Bukwas
Member Avatar
Likes a drafty basement
[ *  *  * ]
:scratch:

Hmmm, that might not be a bad idea.

I can join as a new member, how many posts do you have to make before they let you download?

I'll come across as a casual but interested newbie, you guys need to come up with a BFF forum name for me.

As soon as I catch Boo-boo in the act I'll take a picture and save it, then I'll be ready to post.

Should I do a print screen of the post?

The "Mission Impossible" theme keeps going in my head..

Mausinn
Member Avatar
[ * ]
WOW, I too have been away from most forums for a while. Looking at some of them, and BFF in particular, things have changed. It appears most forums have been taken over by the woo crowd or the scoftics. Man, so of the exchanges I see are amazingly nasty and I wonder how a forum that tolerates it survives. Then again, survival is a relative term I guess.

Anyway, checked back to see how everyone was doing over here and am glad to see things are relatively calm and collected, without the unneeded drama. I will be coming abck on a more regular basis I'm sure.

Hmm...just noticed that all of my previous posts are gone as well as my old SRI tag at the bottom. I guess I've been gone a LONG time. LOL.
Edited by Mausinn, Dec 19 2015, 03:18 PM.

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Well, HEY stranger! That's weird, even your post count shows that this is your first post here but that can't be right. I'm gonna do a little checking in to that. But in the meantime, good to see you and welcome back! :)

[edit] - yeah, I dunno lol...you registered here over 3 years ago, but I'm betting you forgot that we'd started this completely new BFD after changing to the free version, when Invision was screwing up the old paid forum, so I'm thinking that the posts you're wondering about were on the old one. Here's a cut from our Welcome thread on this one:
Quote:

Welcome to the new BFD! We've tried to keep things as close to the old BFD as possible, but please have a look around and let us know if you have any suggestions to improve the board.

So, why is there a new BFD? Last month we had a problem due to a technical glitch at the old forum, which resulted in a couple hundred accounts being completely deleted, including all but one of the Admin accounts. Invision was practically no help at all in getting things resolved...not only that, but when it came time for the next monthly payment, they'd jacked up the price quite substantially, and there was already no justifying what we'd been paying, for as casually-used as the board had been. We decided to go with a free forum, so here we are. Now...

Let's get this party started! B)
Edited by Stacy, Dec 20 2015, 08:45 AM.

Mausinn
Member Avatar
[ * ]
That probably explains it. At any rate, glad to be back.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
Good to see you back Mausinn!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone