Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Canon Video Camera!; Amazing... but expensive!
Topic Started: Jul 30 2015, 01:23 AM (234 Views)
moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
(Copy of post I made to a Facebook Cryptid Group)

Found something interesting, even though I can't afford it! Canon has just announced a NEW Video Camera. What makes it so interesting is that it can achieve an ISO Rating of OVER 4 MILLION! I'm sure the average person has no idea what is meant by ISO Rating, so I'll attempt to explain it so it's more understandable. Back in the day of FILM cameras, the FILM was sold by SPEED. Speed is the equivalent of Sensitivity. The less light you have, the higher the film speed you need, or you won't see an image when you take a picture. So if you were going to take a picture on a bright sunlit day, you could easily get along with film with a speed of 25, or you could use faster film and still get pictures. Now if the next day it was cloudy maybe even stormy and dark, that 25 speed film would not work, and if you take any pictures you'd have to set it on a tripod and let expose for extended periods of time or you won't get anything. During the time the film is exposing, any movement would come out blurry! So FASTER is better when less light is available.

Some of the top-of-the-line Digital DSLR cameras are now capable of ISO Speeds in the low twenty thousand range. This means they are capable of taking pictures in very low light, but no where near what 4,000,000 would allow you to get. According to the information at 4,000,000 this new camera will allow you to take High Definition Video, equal to your 1080i Television or Computer Monitor. FULL COLOR, not all green blobs like with Infrared or odd colors of such as with FLIR cameras.

Now Infrared needs some sort of Infrared Illuminator, usually an IR LED located on the camera that is invisible to human vision. FLIR operates completely off the heat signature of whatever you're photographing. Cameras need LIGHT of some sort, they take pictures of LIGHT reflected off the object you are photographing. But if your subject is a Crypto, being in the woods with a huge spotlight to illuminate it will work, but it'll scare the crap out of the Crypto and every other living critter for miles around. Which is where the HIGH ISO comes in handy!
So, just how dark can it be, and still allow you to get Full Video, High Definition Video? It does need some light, so it won't work it total darkness. But just how MUCH light does it need? Are you ready for this?

It will work on a normal night, in the woods, using only the light produced from the night sky WITHOUT a MOON! So all you need is some stars! To me.. THAT'S AMAZING! All for the low low price of only $30,000. OUCH !

So if you think your current video camera can pull its weight, take it out in the woods on a moonlit night and see just how well it does. High Definition? Full Color? This is just a camera, it can't store video, so you'll have to have more equipment to store the video you take.

http://froknowsphoto.com/canon_4_million_iso/

Edited by moregon, Jul 30 2015, 01:26 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I knew there had to be a punch line, but damn!!! $30,000 for a camera???

I wonder if the price will come down in a few years? :lol:

Otherwise, not in this lifetime.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
There is a simpler solution and much cheaper! Download and print the image then attach a power supply, external HD and extra IR light just incase and a mic.

I haven't tried it in the rain yet, but I'm hopeful it will work.

Total cost? $0.01 in ink and what you have kicking around.

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: mini_IMG_0260.jpg (38.29 KB)
Edited by keilder, Jul 31 2015, 08:13 AM.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
LOL.

Here's the disclaimer that cracks me up (from website moregon posted):

Quote:

Now in STOCK!!! While supplies last

moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
You'd be surprised just how fast some of the High Ticket Items sell, especially when it comes to camera gear. Thank God I'm not rich or I'd be more broke than I already am! If you look on eBay you will often find things like a 1200 MM Canon Lens selling for over $150 GRAND, they only made so many of them, and when they go on the market they don't last long even at that price. But it's also a Buyer Beware market as well, I've seen some things sell for double or even triple the retail price at a camera store on eBay.

Example currently you see Albinar 420-800mm f8.3-16 Manual Focus Lenses being sold on there for Canon Cameras for around $1,000. They're selling them at that price because a lot of people go OOOOohhhh and AAAAaahhhhh at the length, thinking up to 800mm that's good size for a super telephoto. What they don't take into consideration is the f8.3-16 means looking through that lens is going to be DARK to try to focus, and remember MANUAL FOCUS, so the camera is not going to do it for you, and at that high of an aperature auto focus probably wouldn't work anyway. Also, Albinar went out of business in the 1990s, and that lens size in the late 1990s brand new, which they claim these are and they may be because nobody wanted them. Brand new back then were probably selling for $229 tops. Now some guy probably bought the old stock sitting around for a song, and trying to unload them at 4x plus retail value. Got to be careful.

keilder
Member Avatar
Dreams of turnips and potatoes
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

because a lot of people go OOOOohhhh and AAAAaahhhhh at the length, thinking up to 800mm that's good size

Erm, I ain't saying nada.

moregon
What'a Ham.
[ *  *  * ]
LOL keilder! I've been spending too much time on Facebook. I read your comment and the first thing I looked for was the "LIKE" button to push.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Technology and Tools · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone