Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Back when I was a older teen; Possible encounter with something
Topic Started: Sep 18 2015, 10:37 PM (411 Views)
whatzupdoc42
[ * ]
Hello everyone,

Back when I was a teenager (17 yrs old) in upstate New York, a friend and I went out hunting and trapping in the woods alone. We knew of a small hunter's cabin that many folks used that we would make our camp site at/in. We got there and first cleaned it out of dirt and etc, and then set up our sleeping bags and stuff. Now we got there late on a Friday night and it had rained for the previous 2-3 days and everything was soaked including the firewood. We had brought some wood with us but not a lot.

Now we started a small fire in the fire pit at the entrance of this wooden open face cabin and it provided us with some light, but not a lot. The cabin itself was in a small depression or bowl and was surrounded by white birch trees mostly. So we got out our traps and hung them up ready to place them out on a trap lines we would set up tomorrow. Now it was cold for the fall, but no snow yet.

Along about 11 pm we heard a strange shriek call. First to one side of us, and then followed a minute later on the other side of the bowel where we were. The fire was dieing out because we had almost used up all our dry wood. We could also hear movement of something that seemed to be circling the depression up on the hill. It was pitch black except for our fading fire and all we could do was to tear birch bark from the surrounding trees and through that into the fire to try and keep it going. It did burn brightly but not for long.

Now at the time we though it might be a bear, but no bear could have made those sounds. We were scared because we only had bolt action 22s with us and that would only piss off anything if we had to shoot something. Both my friend and I had grown up in the sticks, hunting, trapping, fishing, and lots of time camping in the great outdoors. That upbringing is most likely why he became a SEAL and I became a US Army Airborne Ranger.

So looking back and talking to my friend Tom, we have no idea what it was that circled our cabin camp that night. We both have never heard anything like it since. We did go look around the next morning but didn't really find anything except some broken branches and moved boulders.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Susan
Member Avatar
AKA "Fart Blossom"
[ *  *  * ]
Welcome, whatzupdoc42! Interesting experience and I'm sure something you've never forgotten! Traffic is a little light around here and don't always check in every day. Sorry for the delay!

Stacy
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Oh, sorry!! I do check just about every day but somehow this never showed when I clicked on the Curren Topics (or whatever it's called) button.

But anyway, Hello and WELCOME, Doc! Sounds like a scary night. You just never know, it could have been a couple of these guys checking you and your friend out. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Sightings and Reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone