Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bigfoot Discussions. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tactic Ideas; Tips, Ideas, & Advice
Topic Started: Jan 21 2018, 03:07 PM (196 Views)
Doberman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I rode back into this forum and found everyone gone...a cyber ghost town...Hope they return someday. For those of you stumbling upon this for the 1st time, this forum has tons of info & ideas, left behind by former intelligent members... it's just hidden among the dusty threads posted long ago.
During my absence, I was busy raising kids, work, life, etc. I did continue going into certain areas trying to learn more about the weird topic of Bigfoot. Since then, I've had some truly unexplainable experiences...mostly at night... A rock hitting my truck, huge boulders thrown against a cliff below us 11 times in 10 minutes, weird gibberish screamed from a cliff above us, numerous loud & clear tree knocks, fresh broken trees and huge 16 inch tracks found around our camp the next morning, rock clacking, whoops, two different unexplainable videos of eye shine, bushes being shaken with superhuman strength right behind us and then hearing something crash through brush on two feet faster than a horse.... It goes on an on.....
Just a warning, this will start off as "fun"....Then it will become something more. The more you research, the more questions you will be left pondering. Hundreds of credible reports pile up. The mystery will grow. There is something to the whole Bigfoot thing.... After years of research and many unexplainable experiences, not only by myself, but multiple witnesses standing beside me, I am left with more questions than answers.
My advice, if you continue, be balanced.... put this in it's proper place in your life behind the important stuff. With that being said, it is fun, being outside, camping & hiking in remote natural environments. If you are serious about finding out for yourself, then here's some tips that will help you along your journey.
1) Choose the right places. Cross reference areas close to you with previous reports. I found areas with extreme topographic features more productive. They offer places humans can't get a strategic advantage with plenty of escape routes. Rivers, lakes, or swamps mixed with cliffs, & deep areas of wilderness are locations to check out. Rough places where humans visit but don't stay are key. Weird things happen 3 days before and after full moons for some reason. Check out Google or Bing Maps for your areas. Both have free satellite maps that can be useful.
2) Do the right things. Plan an overnight camping trip or a night hike. Don't go in with ideas of getting the drop on them. Save your time. Instead of trying to be stealthy and quiet, go in like normal humans on a camping trip. Be loud, laugh, have good time. They can smell a trap. I suggest you set up in an area that is advantageous to them... Put yourself in "kill zone" so to speak, giving them the high ground with areas to observe you with an easy escape. During the night, do not shine lights into the perimeter, do not stop & point at noises. The more you ignore, the closer they will approach.
3) Be careful. Have a firearm... The likelihood of needing one is very low, however, there are bad people out there, bears, etc. I'm assuming you're a smart human and will take precautions, have the proper gear, etc. IF things start to happen, sit tight, and be calm. I've found that the hours between 12 am-3 am are when things get weird. If you spook 'em, they usually leave. Sometimes an hour before sunlight, there will be a signal (whistle or rock clacking) from one to the others to leave, then it's over. You can carry a video camera and spotlight if things get too crazy. Keep group numbers low...2-3 at the most. Having a female in the group tends to put them at ease, maybe not appearing as a war party with all mature males. I don't know, just speculating.
4) Throw curveballs. Do random and odd things to peek their interest. Different sounds and lighting can distinguish you from other humans they encounter. Music with binary beats can work. They will want to or have to observe you, not sure which. Forget the camera traps. I believe they can detect them and stay clear. Audio recorders are a good idea if you go to sleep. Lots of people warn against leaving food out, I don't, but who knows what will work for you. Your own imagination is the limit.
5) Don't be close minded. In this field, you'll find people who'll claim to be experts. Some people are 100% convinced that Bigfoot is this, and others will be 100% Bigfoot is that... Do lots of reading, but take everyone's viewpoint with a grain of salt, they could be right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle...No one knows at this point. Most researchers have a hard time getting along with other researchers. If you're entrenched in a foxhole, you can't see the battlefield around you.
6) Have fun. This one is simple but important.
I hope this can help...If you have any questions, message me and I'll try to respond. I'll be back here from time to time... I think I'm gonna check out this forum ghost town for any survivors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
Glad someone else stopped by! All of your advice is good Doberman. I think just getting out in more remote areas where there is wildlife in general is educational. I'm still learning new things about ordinary creatures every time I go.

It sounds like you had quite a bit happen. Over what period of time did this stuff take place?

Doberman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I've ventured into numerous places over the last 5 years. Most areas, nothing, but I've found three different areas (1 in SE Ohio, 2 in Eastern Ky., all in the Appalachian Mountains) that we've had strange events we can't explain, ....over and over. I have no clue whether they migrate or not, but it seems as though we're dealing with the same individuals in the same area.
<One Example: I'll condense it as much as possible>
My wife, a clear skeptic, now refuses to go on another camping trip to the area in SE Ohio. I've been going to the same location for 5 years & many unexplainable events have been shared with other witnesses. June 2017, my cousin & buddy bailed. So, I asked my wife to go & told her I'd partake in no bigfoot stuff out there. Spending time together at a beautiful location in June seemed like a good idea. We hung out by the fire, listened to music, ate, laughed, had a good time (no alcohol, we don't drink). After dark, a few twig snaps, and pops, but nothing weird. Before midnight, I got a Facetime call from my brother. All three of us talked for about 30 minutes around the fire, which was on a slightly elevated knoll. As we were talking, a HUGE crash in the timber below us to our south. I went to take a look with the spotlight & video camera. As soon as I got over the hill about 50 yards, I heard (imagine this scenario) a large bush explode with violent shaking directly 20 yards behind my wife, and my wife scream at the top of her lungs. I ran to her & it was the first time I ever pulled my 44 mag from the holster. As she was freaking out, we both heard crashing through the timber running away. All I can tell you is that it sounded like an elephant on two feet. We heard it cover over 100 yards toward the cliffs in about 8-9 seconds....crazy fast.... Usain Bolt couldn't do that through that terrain and brush....then silence.
My brother even heard the bush "explode" on the Facetime call, he stayed on the phone the whole time until everything calmed down. He still doesn't know what to make of it.
My wife was pretty shaken up & refused to sleep. She wouldn't let me out of her sight the rest of the night. I THROUGHLY examined the bush. No claw marks anywhere, a huge flattened spot (4x8 ft) in the leaf litter behind a large triple prong oak directly behind the bush...it looked like something heavy had laid there for a while...Large kicked up "marks" in the leaf litter the same route it ran away. The "tracks" were non distinct, in a straight line, and about 6-7 ft apart....I tried to shake the bush as hard, fast, and violently as we heard. It was impossible. I'm a stout man, but whatever shook that bush was 10X stronger.
We stayed up the rest of the night. Random twig snaps and pops were still coming from stationary positions along the perimeter. I reassured her that we're fine & usually an hour before sunrise (enough time for them to slip out in darkness) a signal would given and they're gone. Sure enough, about 4:45 am, a sharp whistle. No more twig popping or cracking. It was over.
After thinking, here's my best guess. Everything was fine when it was just us two. We'd been observed, an assessment was made, male & female human, no threat. However, when we sat close to the fire, possibly obstructing their visual, then 3 voices were heard instead of two, the dynamics changed. Who is this 3rd human, how did they get there, how many are there now, Are they dangerous, etc.?
The huge crash POSSIBLY was staged by another to divert me away? The bush shaking was an attempt to rattle the situation so they could get a head count, I'm not sure. Anyway, she refuses to ever go there again.
The campsite is 7 miles of gravel road with a locked gate to the site 3 miles away. We were alone in a very remote place of a State Forest. There have been sightings and reports from other people in that area, not counting the weird stuff with us in the last 5 years. The surrounding tree line was about 20 yards away 360 degrees...Cliffs on two sides 100 yards away. Highly unlikely it was a human messing with us. I've never heard of a bear shaking a bush so crazy and not leaving one scratch and then running away on two legs. I've had bear wind me & blast through the woods while deer hunting, this was totally different. Deer have sensitive velvet on their antlers in June. I don't know what else it could have been. Let me stress again how fast & violently the large bush was shaken....It's still hard to explain. Maybe it's one of those things you had to be there to truly appreciate.
Here's the part that TRULY freaks me out. If these things can sneak up within 20 yards of you under the cover of darkness, and you not have a clue.... I don't care who you are, that's impressive and scary.
I'm welcome to anyone with other ideas about that particular night.

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
I'd ask if it could have been more than one of a common animal like a deer with fawn(s), but why would they have waited before bolting? Unless the other brush rattling was more than one coyote or something.

We did a blind test one time to determine whether you can hear bipedal vs quadripedal 'footfalls' and it was inconclusive. I guess my question is how heavy were they? And why run toward the cliffs? Caves maybe?

Interesting event regardless. I guess the scariest scenario is if it WAS humans!

Doberman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I should have detailed the bush in the account. My bad, but when I said a bush, it was an invasive bush called an Autumn Olive..... They can grow up to 20 ft high and thick. This one was approx. 12-15 ft tall & wide, clutched together in virtual thick screen no one could crawl or see through. It wasn't a small single bush that a deer, bear, or human could easily manipulate...The diameter of the base limbs were wrist thick. I understand your question, but the shear strength to shake the entire thing at that rate......no way a deer..... Hunted my whole life, many times from a tree stand, I've witnessed a mature buck spar, thrash, & destroy small saplings....September at the earliest, but in June, every buck has velvet on their sensitive antlers....Not even close..... The entire bush, 12-15 ft of it, shook the same way a human could shake a finger thick tree.... Like I said, I tried the same thing, it didn't even move...... Trust me, no one has played that night over and over more than me trying to explain it with a plausible explanation....On the running aspect, I've heard deer and bear crashing through the terrain more times than I'd like to admit as a hunter (lol),......A bear sounds like a mini bulldozer plowing lighting quick through brush. A deer has that up/down cadence of bounding away. I've heard it before, but this was different...massive, and heavy.... with a clear "crash-crash-crash-crash" foot fall......I totally understand people not believing, All I can tell you is if you'd seen this huge collection of vegetation 12-15 ft tall & wide, shake and vibrate at such an aggressive rate of speed you'd have trouble finding an explanation as well....

Just Curious
Member Avatar
Curiosity Squared
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the clarifications Doberman. It's interesting that there were no vocalizations of any kind relative to whatever was out there. I'd be pulling a gun too under the circumstances!

I've often wondered if it isn't maybe the glow of our electronics that draw curious onlookers. Imagine yourself any other creature seeing a glow like that and upon investigation seeing tiny humans talking. I noticed when I was looking into the plethora of trailer homes being 'slapped' that in most cases the people inside were watching TV or had the TV on.

Doberman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
That sounds right. I'd read accounts from people using glow sticks and other interesting lighted items...I've used one of these before (attached pic), one of my kid's discarded toys. Total darkness, except for the campfire...walked out and held it up. Felt like we were being observed. Had some weird stuff happen later that night. Anything to appear different and stoke their curiosity is worth a shot.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: s_l1000.jpg (63.51 KB)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

PRINT theme created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone