Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Bone Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Anime that is actually quite good
Topic Started: Apr 22 2015, 05:27 PM (107 Views)
Regantor
Member Avatar

Been watching Space Dandy and Knights of Sidonia. Yeah, both available on netflix.

Space Dandy is goes from goofy as hell to deep awesomesauce, and should be watched by a peoples wherever they may roam. It's funny and original as heck, practically lives off of taking weebo convention and tipping it on it's head. Picture the aliens from Star Control II with the tongue-in-cheek cast macho-dumbass cast of Redline, and you are getting pretty damn close.

Knights of Sidonia... Nice in that it utterly embraces real science, physics, and plausible space travel methods, as well as a Tsutomu Nihei's trademark art style... But maybe not so nice in that it rather dwells on sameface moeblob embarrassing pants timez and uses said science to just be really weird and a bit fetishy more often than not. Good, but the weebometer is picking up levels that may be hazardous to people who watch stuff with actual friends.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nextweek
Member Avatar
Stupid Newbie
Regantor
Apr 22 2015, 05:27 PM
Been watching Space Dandy

....Space Dandy

....Space Dandy
One of my all time favorite shows.

JJJorgie
Member Avatar
Stupid Newbie
The animation in Space Dandy is wicked good! And the ending of season two is pretty mindblowing

baraman
Member Avatar

Hated space dandy. Felt like deadpool grade humor to me

Regantor
Member Avatar

I dunno about that, what I've seen of Deadpool is more just mean spirited than anything. Space Dandy has definite extra layers, like the episode with the book aliens which use other people's brains to think, e.t.c. It's stupid as hell, don't get me wrong, but the ideas are more original.

Rewatching Votoms at the mo since I've finally been able to track down some region free DVDs. Old as heck, but it's still aged way better than Gundam in both animation and tone... Makes me wonder what would have happened if Sunrise just swallowed their pride and spread Votoms in the west rather than the big G. It's definitely way more western in flavor.

Anamunnie
Forum Babby
Gangsta, i just really like the style but the story is also cool.

EDIT: Ah wait are we just gonna talk about one anime here or multiple ones that are new and good?? I'm sorry i got confused
Edited by Anamunnie, Aug 6 2015, 11:56 PM.

Gaff
Member Avatar
Forum Babby
Gundam doesn't do a lot for me in general, but Iron Blooded Orphans is surprisingly not terrible.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Anime and Manga · Next Topic »
Add Reply