Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Bone Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What would you like to see?
Topic Started: Oct 14 2015, 11:47 AM (82 Views)
Kodos
Member Avatar
Craptain

So, everyone, what sort of additions or changes would you like to see here on the BoneZone? I mean this sincerely, so any joking/OT posts will be deleted. Don't shit up this thread.
I want to make this forum the best it can be for all of us.

Some features, like the removal of ads, require money. Unless there's heavy demand, I'm not going to start asking you all to donate to pay for the upgraded account. There are still plenty of additional changes or options, though, that don't require I upgrade the forums, and so can be done.

So, please, let me know what's on your mind.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jubeh
Member Avatar
Lord of Death

need a way to bring in traffic

Kodos
Member Avatar
Craptain

I agree, but I have no real idea how to accomplish that. How did Rio do it? I mean, she pulled it off despite being around so rarely that for a long time I - and I know a few others - thought she didn't exist and was just an alias or another name for one of the other moderators.

saphisal
Member Avatar
Toiletlord
Kodos
Oct 15 2015, 03:30 AM
How did Rio do it?
SEO. First, the url itself gets in a lot of people - "Manga Tutorials". I know that's how I stumbled upon it (it comes up on the first page of google search results for related terms). The content too. It supports the url, which gains more points from google, validating its stay on the first page. The forums and oekaki and groupboards are other items on the main site, so people who visit the site stumble upon it and find something interesting going on there and join in.

I don't know if there's any other way people come across, other than already existing users introducing it to their friends.

Kodos
Member Avatar
Craptain

SEO?

jubeh
Member Avatar
Lord of Death

its the first thing that comes up when you google it but she did a good job of explaining it

how many people google 'bone-zone' sincerely

saphisal
Member Avatar
Toiletlord
We should be more active, have a lot more content on so when people actually come across the site, they want to stick around. It helps if we stick to a certain niche (which I think we do. Spooky-themed, containing majorly art - drawing, writing, RPG, and very minorly, music.)

Now we have to see to it that more people stumble upon it. Apart from SEO (Search Engine Optimization; which I don't know how it works for a forums site where content is user-generated), we can back-link bonezone to other popular places - other forums, blogs, whatever so people get curious, click and come check it out.

What are the other ways people join forums?

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Questions, Comments, Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply