Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Patch problems
Topic Started: Apr 1 2009, 02:35 AM (1,687 Views)
Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

Hello~
I'm obviously new here. I've looked through this forum & its been really helpful but I noticed none of the problems I had for patched were answered... they were only asked. So, I'll give it a shot.

Alright. I think my computer is set... I put the patch in the Fatal+Fake folder as everyone instructs.

My applocale is set to Japanese so it's not a load of gibberish. I click continue & yes to update to the 1.12 version (I was really late in discovering the game so the only patch was the CFFUpdatePatch112_ALL one).

And I end up getting this message no matter what I try to do.

差分ファイル [C:\Program Files\Crucis Fatal Fake\CFFUpdatePatch112_ALL.exe]
差分ファイルの整合性をチェックしています...
[エラー] 差分を適用するフォルダの取得に失敗しました.
[エラー] 「CRUCIS FATAL+FAKE」 がインストールされていないかもしれません.
差分ファイルの適用中にエラーが発生しました.
作業途中のファイルを元に戻しています...
作業途中のファイルを元に戻しました.

Which pretty much translates to:

Differential file [C: \ Program Files \ Crucis Fatal Fake \ CFFUpdatePatch112_ALL.exe]
We check the consistency of the difference file.
[Error] Failed to get folder to apply the differences.
[Error] "CRUCIS FATAL + FAKE" may not be installed.
An error occurred while applying the difference file.
Files are on the way back to the original work ...
Just reverted to the original file on the way to work.

(Credits to Google =D)

So I tried to download the patch, re-install the game to see if it's just my computer being funky or the game. I even tried to use the CFF Packer & Unpacker... which I just got a black, control screen and that was all. I didn't know what to do.

I still get that error message. The game itself is completely fine! But the patch just hates me.

I'm sorry, I'm not computer savvy at all!
Can anyone help?
Please&thank you! ><

Offline Profile Goto Top

Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

I guess I should also say that the Windows my computer runs on is Vista
&I have tried to change the compatibility to Windows 2000 but still nothing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
Analye
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The reason why it's never answered is it normally fixes itself somehow. People ask this question all the time, then come back to me the next day and say they figured out, and never really know how/why. Sometimes it's a matter of simply waiting for the patch the start.

I don't use applocale. What you should do is install the game with the non-unicode settings enable to Japanese beforehand, I believe that is a much less frustrating method.

Also, run your patch from the desktop and install to the default directory - which should include a lights-maguro folder, nothing custom. Seems like the problem you're having is the patch simply can't find the directory.

Try setting the non-unicode to Japanese, reinstalling(with default settings), and running it off the desktop in 2000 compatibility mode and wait a bit and see what happens.

Also, uninstall the game before doing any of that.

The unpacker/repacker is a mod tool for ripping/extracting data from CFF. Don't use it for the installation process at all.

I never put the patch in the fatal fake folder. Try running it off the desktop before you try any of that stuff, too, it might be simple as that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

Okay, the non-unicode is already set to Japanese.
So my problem is that my patch can't find my default directory...
I'm sorry this is probably noobish or whatnot but,
How could I get my patch to find the default directory? (I'm not sure if this is the data folder in the Fatal+Fake program?)

But I'm starting to understand my problem a little more so thank you so far! ><
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cloud_
Member Avatar
Smartass-kun
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ohh... I remember... Had the same issue. Let me guess: you have 1.11 installed, right? Well, since you have FULL 1.00 --> 1.12 patch, it wouldn't work on 1.11. Reinstall CFF 1.00 and run the patch, it should work. Applocale, directories or compatibility modes - forget about them. I also have Vista installed, everything works fine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

No. The version I downloaded is 1.00
So the patch I have is suppose to update it to 1.01 - 1.12 (I believe)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cloud_
Member Avatar
Smartass-kun
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Damn, no clue. If you have a BitTorrent client, I can give you a .torrent file to a working version. Patch was downloaded from Light's-Maguro site? If yes, the only problem is with your CFF copy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

I do,bBut the torrent isn't an ISO or anything?
If not, I'd appreciate a .torrent file. >< Hopefully that'll work better & maybe the patch from the on out will too...

Yes, the patch came from Light'sMaguro site so I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer or game. I'm sure it's not the patch...
Edited by Canto Noctus, Apr 1 2009, 10:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cloud_
Member Avatar
Smartass-kun
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's an .ISO, don't see a problem. Get Daemon-tools, mount image... PROFIT.
And, BTW, can I somehow download file directly to the boards, or to you. Umm... kinda via PM or something. Few KB's, using Rapidshare for this... feels wrong.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

...hm, maybe it's my computer. Because Daemon-tools never functioned properly or at least, something was wrong.
Direct files would be nice? &PM is sensible.

Rapidshare attacks me with popups sometimes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cloud_
Member Avatar
Smartass-kun
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
There is no way I can send you a file via PM. I'll rather use e-mail.
Daemon-tools never functioned properly? Dunno what are you talking about, but - one piece of advice. To EVERYONE here, BTW. If you are using Vista, never, NEVER install Alcohol 120%.
Vista + Alcohol 120% = Blue screen of death. Only Daemon-tools.
Ok, I'll send you the file, do what you want.

Damn... PM me with you'r e-mail. Forum system does not work properly.
Edited by Cloud_, Apr 1 2009, 10:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Canto Noctus
Member Avatar

Oh, whoops. Misread it.
Okay, will do so~
Advice has been noted. XD
Offline Profile Goto Top

Senovit
Member Avatar
Milk Milk Milk
[ *  * ]
The problem could be with the patch itself. There was a period of time when one of the patches when downloaded from the lights site did not match up with the filesize it was supposed to have and so didn't patch correctly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
Analye
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thread Locked.

Canto, Cloud_, you have both been warned, post count reduced by 100, and blocked from posting for 12 hours.

Community Crucis does not officially support piracy. Please support lights-maguro by buying the game.

If you would like to make an appeal or reduction of punishment, PM me.
Edited by Gilgamesh, Apr 2 2009, 01:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Tech Support · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Theme created by Tue of Self Concept. Find more great ZB themes and IF skins at Self Concept