Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Crypto. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chaocipher Exhibits 2 and 3 finally solved
Topic Started: Oct 4 2013, 02:13 PM (530 Views)
mosher
[ *  *  *  * ]
A few weeks ago I received an email from a Finnish math student who claimed that, analyzing the Exhibit 2 and 3 material on the National Cryptologic Museum web site and The Chaocipher Clearing House, he was able to determine how Chaocipher Exhibits 2 and 3 were enciphered. To prove his claims he submitted a two-page document.

It did not take too long for me to verify that he indeed had solved the exhibits. You can find his document and other material on The Chaocipher Clearing House.

The paper is a bit sparse in places and could use some elucidation by the members, but it's all there and is spot on.

With this paper it seems that all five Chaocipher exhibits have been deciphered and figured out. There is still more Chaocipher-related research to do (I hope to post an entry on the many areas remaining) but in terms of the exhibits we can rest easy now. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Chaocipher · Next Topic »
Add Reply