Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Crypto. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Free Access to Cryptologia Exhibit 5 Solution Article
Topic Started: Aug 4 2015, 07:07 PM (385 Views)
jcalof
Just registered
[ * ]
The Taylor & Francis Group, publishers of Cryptologia, have made our 2014 article "Chaocipher Exhibit 5: History, Analysis, and Solution of Cryptologia's 1990 Challenge" freely available for the month August. If you'd like to read this complete article, click on the link below:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01611194.2014.856653

Note: If the link doesn't appear as active, copying the URL into a web browser does not work consistently. However, copying the link into a Word doc and clicking through seems to do the trick:)

Thanks!

Jeff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dave321
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
says I don't have access to the article ?

jcalof
Just registered
[ * ]
Interesting... I was able to click on the link in this thread and it took me to the T&F page where the article is shown with "Free Access".

I also was ble to copy the link into an Email body (didn't send it anywhere) and, clicking on it, also brought me to the T&F page w/Free Access.

I recommend trying to copy the link into other documents and clicking through (perhaps clearing any Browser cookies/cache first?). Good luck!

dave321
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

sill not working ????

tried pasting the link into word but still not free access ?

mok-kong shen
NSA worthy
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jcalof
Aug 5 2015, 10:19 PM
Interesting... I was able to click on the link in this thread and it took me to the T&F page where the article is shown with "Free Access".
Just a speculation: Couldn't it be, that this is because you are the author of the paper?

jcalof
Just registered
[ * ]
Ok, I think I figured out the challenge... it's likely due to a lingering cookie that I had based on the original click-through from their email.

Re-reading the T&F email, it looks like a click-through is only active if posted on Facebook or Twitter. I've put it on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/jeff.calof

I don't have a Twitter account... let me know if the FB access works

dave321
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

ah, the facebook link works fine :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Chaocipher · Next Topic »
Add Reply