Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Darkened Triforce. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Super Smash Brothers Melee; The Link Mix-Up
Topic Started: Dec 15 2005, 05:18 PM (176 Views)
Spellca
Member Avatar
Level [1]
[ * ]
Am I the only one who noticed this.

That in Super Smash Brothers Melee the Older Link had regular arrows to use as a weapon as Young Link has Fire Arrows.

In connection with the Zelda Games, mainly Ocarina of Time, Young Link has either a slingshot with Deku Nuts or regular arrows. As Adult Link has the arrows or the 3 elemental arrows (Fire, Ice, Light).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kovich
Member Avatar
Forum Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not exactly sure that this is a glitch, but maybe the producers didn't know too much about Zelda.

I never did notice that, though. As Young Link in OoT, he doesn't even have access to arrows. It would make more sense to give him his Fairy Slingshot.

Spellca
Member Avatar
Level [1]
[ * ]
Zelda53
Dec 15 2005, 10:21 PM
I'm not exactly sure that this is a glitch, but maybe the producers didn't know too much about Zelda.

I never did notice that, though. As Young Link in OoT, he doesn't even have access to arrows. It would make more sense to give him his Fairy Slingshot.

It isn't a glitch. I just found that and this is the only place I throught it would for the most part fit in.

PLay the game as Young Link and pause when Young Link has his arrows out the tip is flaming.

Kovich
Member Avatar
Forum Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really have no idea why that is. :zelda: We should complain to the company! :wwlink:

Keaton
Member Avatar
Level [3]
[ *  *  * ]
I think that the only reason why they did that is to even out the characters.
It wouldn't really make much sense to give adult Link all the super powered-up items while leaving Young Link with all the basics. To contradict the differences, they made Young Link's moves a little different. His bombs and Kaitengiri hit multiple times, while older Link's moves usually only have one, more powerful strike. That included the arrows.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Game Glitches · Next Topic »
Add Reply