Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Destine Enormity
People who need to post today (9/2):
No One!
Photobucket
Just making a stop...; [Aidric and open~!]
Topic Started: Jul 25 2011, 11:10 PM (844 Views)
Riyna
Member Avatar
DERP.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I really shouldn't be here...

Aryil was no stranger to the slums--after all, she'd been best friends with Laura for quite a long time, and she'd visited her friend's family more than once, and the girl was fond of wandering the entire city of Arcadia when she had the chance. But knowing how the Elite and SIN Academy frowned upon powereds wandering the slums too much, and the general curfew the entire city had, the blonde couldn't help but feel a little on edge. She'd changed out of her school uniform, to be on the safe side, but still looked around, hoping not to see anyone who could get her into trouble.

Really, the only reason she was here was because of the business card Clara had given her. "I-I've already been t-to the cafes in town, so--so grampa would p-prolly like something new..." she murmured as she glanced at the card again, biting her lip. She really didn't visit her grandfather often enough, and today was as good a day as any to start changing that! He won't mind too much that it's the afternoon, right? she hoped.

Spotting the Cafe Richard sign, Aryil's eyes lit up, a small smile coming to her lips. Clenching the business card a little tighter, the small girl made her way over to the building...

Now that I think about it, Miss Clara mentioned an "Ant" person--I wonder who they are?
My characters:
Aryil | Adam | Corinne
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Digitaldreamer
Going slightly mad, but only on Tuesdays.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Then the peaceful atmosphere of the little cafe-- and Aryii's train of thought-- was utterly destroyed by an explosion of blue light.

It was like a shooting star, momentarily bursting into explosive existence and streaking into the sky in a haphazard loop. The burst of blue swirled across the gray backdrop of the clouds, not following any sort of pattern... then, rather suddenly it changed course. The streak of blue veered toward the ground in an instant, wavering slightly but moving far too quickly to be safe.

Crash!

There was the sound of trash cans clattering to the ground, followed by the startled meow of an unfortunate cat whom promptly scampered away. What was left in the aftermath was a smoking pile of garbage, followed by a gloved hand reaching out to help pull it's cause out.

"Ugh," Aidric winced, tugging a dislocated shoulder back into place with an awful crack. "I have got to talk to Ant about getting some better landing pads..."
Signature, yeah.

Riyna
Member Avatar
DERP.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...light?

Aryil shielded her eyes, squinting and feeling more than a little confused. At this hour? The sun wasn't even down yet, and she couldn't hear the telltale crackle of fireworks...or of electricity...and it was a bright and sunny day and yet somehow, someway, there was still REALLY BRIGHT LIGHT--

Her questions upon questions vanished when the bright light plummeted to the ground, making the small girl shriek and duck for cover as it rushed straight past her, crashing into a nearby alley. Trashcans clattered and there was the sound of at least one disgruntled cat, and Aryil slowly opened her eyes, peeking in the direction of the mess. Trash had spilled everywhere, making quite the mess, but before she could process what on earth had just happened, a gloved hand reached out of the smoking trash--

"A-ah!"

That was a PERSON?!

Without thinking twice, Aryil went rushing over to the strange man's aid, flinching at the crack when he relocated his shoulder and resisting the urge to stare in shock as he only muttered something about landing pads. "D-don't move!" she said once she'd reached him, her small hands placed firmly on the older man's chest. "Y-you're h-hurt, r-right? I-if you m-move, i-it'll g-get worse..." she said, nervous voice managing a semblance of sternness. "S-stay s-still, o-okay...?"

Taking a deep breath, Aryil concentrated, slowly but surely beginning to heal him up.
My characters:
Aryil | Adam | Corinne

Digitaldreamer
The words were spoken in such a squeaky, panicked tone that for an instant Aidric thought it had been a mouse. But then there were small hands pressing against his chest and the owner of the voice was commanding him to hold still, her light blond hair and wide brown eyes filling his vision.

The rebel leader blinked in surprise, then opened his mouth to speak, only to pause when he felt the pain radiating from his various scrapes begin to dissipate. His bright blue eyes flicked to the newly made hole in his gloves, watching as the scrape mended together and bits of gravel dropped from pink, newly healed skin.

"...Whoa," He gasped out, his face stretching into a grin as he looked up to her. "Now that is impressive! You've got quite the gift, Kiddo."

The brunet flexed his fingers, still clearly excited. "This is fantastic! I won't even have to hear Ant yell at me at this rate! Thanks, Kiddo!"
Signature, yeah.

clockwork-industries
Member Avatar
Foxylass
Speaking of the brunette, she was busy wiping down the counter when she heard the crash from outside. She sighed and remained working, knowing Aidric would drag himself in eventually to get patched up. Again. She wondered if she was going soft....still worrying about him despite he proving his fortitude and survival ability many times over. Still, he was going to get an earful the minute he limped through that door.

Clara, meanwhile, was just on her way to visit the cafe after class. She noticed Aidric shoot over her head and grinned. With a joyful whoop, she rushed to the scene of his inevitable crash, excited for excitement's sake alone. "Boss! Hey, boss~!! That was so awesome!! You must be....eh? Aryil? Whatcha doin' here, hun~?" The redhead smiled at her shy student then looked over at the bakery.

Instantly it clicked, but she paused for a moment. ".....Oh~!" She smiled over to the girl. "You're here for sweets, ain'tcha~? Well Ant makes the best in the whole city~! Ain't that right, Boss~?"
Launcher of 1000 ships!! >8D

Riyna
Member Avatar
DERP.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aryil said nothing, having shut her eyes to keep her focus. Inwardly, she was surprised she'd managed to get it to work relatively quickly this time--maybe her lessons at SIN Academy were good for something after all?--and she concentrated hard. In her mind's eye, she could "see" the damages being slowly healed up and she didn't pull away from Aidric until she was absolutely sure he was all right again.

Once she pulled away, she let out a sigh of relief, eyes fluttering open to see the man's grin. She blushed--oh, she'd just kind of done something like THAT out of the blue--and stammered gibberish, trying to dredge up the words for an apology...but he didn't seem to mind, given how he complimented her. She blushed even harder, managing a soft "I-I'm n-not a-all t-that g-good a-at it, r-really..." as she fidgeted nervously, feeling her face heating up even more when she realized something else. "S-sir, you've g-got t-trash a-all o--"

She squeaked in surprise as Clara seemed to show up out of nowhere, tripping over her own two feet and toppling over, hitting the pavement with a thunk. Face now a brilliant shade of scarlet, the girl hastily stood back up, bowing apologetically to both Clara and Aidric.

"A-ahhhImsosorryIjustcamebytogetsomecakeformygrampasorrryyyyyyyy--"
My characters:
Aryil | Adam | Corinne

Lady-Moth
Member Avatar
Newbie Novelist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Laura had been doing as the rules demanded. She'd been where she was supposed to be, a respectable distance from the slums. Near enough to know they were close and that anyone walking in a certain direction must be heading there, but far enough so that she herself wouldn't be in trouble.

And the sight of Aryil going towards that place had definitely caught her attention. "H-Hey, Arry--!" she'd called out, but she must have been too quiet, because Aryil didn't respond, just kept going. Laura saw that she had a card out--what did that mean?

She'd waffled over whether or not to follow her for a while, just standing there on the sidewalk, wringing her heads and sprouting leaves from her scalp. On the one hand, if she was caught in the slums, she'd get in trouble! On the other hand, if Aryil was caught, she'd be in trouble too. And Laura didn't want her to be in trouble, or hurt, or anything. Sure, her friend could heal, but it didn't mean it wouldn't hurt. Maybe I ought to go after her...just to bring her back! We'll be fast on our way back, stick to the shadows or something...

Laura swallowed then, eyes squeezing shut as she walked briskly in the direction she'd seen Aryil go, little leaves and sticks appearing at her head and elbows.

----

"I should have started following her sooner," Laura mumbled to herself as she walked, eyes darting around nervously. "Or maybe I sh-should've been louder when I called out for her." She bit at her lip, trying to calm down; it wouldn't do to keep sprouting and losing leaves, making a trail for someone to follow.

She turned a corner just then, and saw her fair-haired friend in the distance. And...she was with two other people. Were they Elite? Laura let out a tiny squeak and ran forward, hugging Aryil's shoulders from behind. "Th-Thank you for finding her!" she blurted out, mind racing to come up with an excuse for them being there. "Sh-She just got lost is all, she didn't mean to come here and she wanted to get out b-but she was lost, see, and we should get back home now--come on, Arry, before we get arrested..." she whispered the last part, eyes wide as she gently tugged her friend's arm.

Digitaldreamer
Aidric beamed, simply taking Clara's approach in stride as he continued to glance over his now healed hands. Before he could affirm the goodness of Ant's pastries (which did, in fact, at least bring him to the yard), the girl was suddenly in a state of explosive apologies. The rebel leader blinked in surprise, his surprise only furthered when a second girl rushed to the blonde's aid and began insisting about how they should head home.

"You're SIN students, aren't you?" Aidric observed, brow furrowing. He then shook his head, rising to his feet and brushing garbage off of his beloved coat. "Sheesh, I always knew that place turned you into a piece of work but I didn't-- oh, damn, noodles again. Ant's gonna make me wash this, isn't she?" He muttered, wrinkling his nose as he picked several rubbery, sauce-encrusted noodles off of his shoulder.

"Anyway, look, you two don't need to worry. Clar's awesome, she wouldn't report you... and do I look like I would, really?" The brunet grinned again, the motion seeming to make an effort to smooth away the scar on his face.
Signature, yeah.

clockwork-industries
Member Avatar
Foxylass
Clara smiled at the two girls. "Relax, little chicks, calm down~! You're not in any trouble~! Geeze, take a chill pill, hmm~?" She grinned cheerily, her perpetually sunny expression would hopefully put the skittish girls at ease. She glanced over at Aidric and shook her head.

"Good goin', Boss! Ya spooked 'em! I thought you were supposed t'be good with kids!" The redhead poked at the taller man, obviously just teasing him. Turning back to the girls, she gently placed a hand on Laura's shoulder.

"It's all right now~ How about we go inside and get you girls some cupcakes or somethin', hm~?"

Riyna
Member Avatar
DERP.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aryil practically looked like she was going to jump out of her skin when someone hugged her shoulders, the only thing keeping her from shrieking being her friend's hasty, worried voice. The blonde shot Laura an incredulous look, both surprised and a little touched that she was trying to get her out of trouble. Before she could go along with her friend's plan and/or assure her that she was being really careful and she wasn't going to be there for that long, really, both Aidric and Clara spoke up.

Even though Laura was gently tugging her, Aryil didn't budge, looking over at Laura and then looking over at Clara and Aidric. "M-Miss C-Clara's a t-teacher, s-so I...I-I think i-it'd be g-good to s-stay with h-her..." she said aloud, voicing her thoughts. "S-so i-if we g-get caught, w-we could j-just say i-it's..." she hesitated, trying to think of something. "...a-a field trip?" she suggested weakly, looking between Laura and Clara now, hoping one of them would agree. "C-comparing N-Normal f-food to t-the stuff t-the powereds g-get..."

Oh, it was a dumb idea, someone was going to laugh! But...but it was something to work with. Still, what Laura had said was weighing heavily on her mind as well, making her pipe up with a soft "O-or i-if it's g-gonna be t-trouble, m-me and Lala c-can leave..."
My characters:
Aryil | Adam | Corinne

Lady-Moth
Member Avatar
Newbie Novelist
[ *  *  *  * ]
"You're...not angry with us?" Laura asked, eyes growing bigger in surprise. She glanced down at the hand on her shoulder, unable to help but wonder if the promise of cupcakes was really a trick. They might be poison cupcakes, laced with sleeping potion...then she'd wake up in a dungeon somewhere.

"Wait...sh-she's a teacher?" Laura looked back at Aryil, and something clicked into place. "She's...she's the one who helped you that one time, right?" If she was willing to help someone instead of sitting back and letting them fend for themselves or encouraging the bullies, then surely she wouldn't report them after all, right? And if they were with a teacher...Laura frowned for a few moments. If they were with a teacher...they might get a lighter punishment? Or none at all? Aryil's idea to say it was a field trip sounded like it would float.

"But...wait, why are you here anyway, Arry?" she suddenly realized, then she turned her attention to the guy in the coat. "And who's...?"

Digitaldreamer
Aidric frowned slightly as he watched the two girls interact, somewhat concerned. He was used to a variety of SIN students, from the standard jerks to the shyer, nice ones. He supposed this level of jumpiness was to be expected given their environment, but it was still worrying to watch.

Well, he'd just have to fix that, now wouldn't he?

The rebel leader beamed. "Relax, you two are safe here, Clar would never report you or anything like that. Trust me, if I had a nickle for everything we've done that Ant didn't know..." Here he trailed off, wincing slightly. The Hitler Duck incident was one best kept under wraps.

"But anyway!" Here he clapped his hands together, brow furrowing slightly. "As for who I am... really now, I'm surprised you don't know! I thought the posters were everywhere... hm. I'm gonna have to work my image." He then shrugged and put his hands on his hips.

"I'm Aidric Carter," He declared, his voice abruptly becoming almost comically deep as a burst of wind came through and ruffled his coat behind him. "Leader of the Messiah Complex, general do-gooder and savior of kittens in trees!"
Signature, yeah.

clockwork-industries
Member Avatar
Foxylass
Clara smiled brightly at the two girls, then shuddered as she too remembered the Hitler Duck incident. Still as he struck his "hero pose" She gasped and clapped, as if seeing it for the first time.

"Hee, nice intro, boss~ And I'm Clara McCulty! Teacher, Arrow Wielding Maiden, Member of MC, and Protector of the Innocent~!!" The redhead struck a pose next to Aidric, grinning. She only hoped the girls wouldn't run off and tattle on them....

Back in the cafe, Ant noticed it was quiet. Too quiet. She stood up straighter and looked around suspiciously. "What is he getting into now...? He's usually back by this time demanding lunch.....hmm...."

Riyna
Member Avatar
DERP.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aryil nodded and smiled when her friend asked if Clara was the one to help her out, pausing when Laura asked what she'd even been doing there. "M-Miss Clara g-gave me a b-business card for that p-place," she pointed over at Cafe Richard, "a-and I w-wanted to s-see if t-they had s-something I-I could bring t-to grampa. A-and then he f-fell out of the sky l-like a firecracker a-and crashed o-over there--" she pointed to where the trash had spilled everywhere, "--s-so I h-healed h-him up 'c-cause I was worried."

The girl was a little distracted, however, something nagging at her. Now that she'd begun to get over her panic at a man falling out of the sky, there was something about Aidric that was horribly familiar. And why did Clara call him boss like that? But before she could ask....

The man put his hand on his hips, looking generally heroic. "I'm Aidric Carter," there was an all too appropriate gust of wind that made his coat sway all dramatic like, "Leader of the Messiah Complex, general do-gooder and savior of kittens in trees!"

Clara had spoke up next. "Hee, nice intro, boss~ And I'm Clara McCulty! Teacher, Arrow Wielding Maiden, Member of MC, and Protector of the Innocent~!!" she struck a pose as well, grinning at them.

Aryil could only stare at the absurdity before she and Laura, brown eyes widening. "A-ah..." she said softly, looking between Clara and Aidric. A second later, everything began to kick in, the blonde stifling a yelp of disbelief. Terrorists! They were part of that terrorist group! And Aidric was that guy on the TV! Ohhh, her grandpa would never ever forgive her if he found out she was talking to terrorists! Perhaps by habit, Aryil abruptly reaching for Laura's hand, fingers lacing together with her friend's.

Although, she couldn't help but think, in reality, he looks kind of incompetent. Sorry, mister terrorist...

The girl stared for another long moment, expression one of utter horror, heart racing as she struggled to make sense of everything. Clara worked at SIN Academy! But she was calling this guy "Boss" and they were out in the open as they announced this and that wasn't safe at all, Elite were always policing the streets and and and--

--oh!

Ohhhh!

Aryil snickered before abruptly bursting into giggles, pointing toward the silly display. "I-I get it!" she said in-between laughs. "T-that's a g-good prank! Hee, y-you r-really h-had me g-going for a s-second..." she paused to control her laughter. "B-but y-you shouldn't j-joke about s-stuff like that. T-the E-Elite could h-hear you a-and arrest you! S-Saying y-you're part of a t-terrorist g-group is k-kinda serious..." she warned. Still, Aidric did look like that guy in all the posters...

...but he also looked incompetent...

...and vaguely reminded her of a homeless person...

...maybe he was just a crazy homeless guy?

Yeah! That made perfect sense! Well, sense enough, she supposed. "O-oh! W-we should p-probably h-head in. Mmm, Lala, y-you should get s-something too! M-maybe we can visit your f-family r-real quick?" she looked over at Laura, offering a tiny smile. "I-I don't m-mind stopping there f-first!" She knew Laura hadn't seen her family in a while--surely she'd want to see them?
My characters:
Aryil | Adam | Corinne

Lady-Moth
Member Avatar
Newbie Novelist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Throughout the entire introduction, Laura could only do one thing: stare.

This was...not what she expected, even after hearing the lady was a teacher. Well, the guy being so silly, she understood, sorta; he looked like the kind of guy who would be a goofball.

Wait--posters? What posters? Wanted posters? As in, the wanted posters? "A-Are you the--"

"I-I get it!" Aryil suddenly laughed. Laura was surprised for a moment--she hadn't heard her friend laugh in a while. "T-that's a g-good prank! Hee, y-you r-really h-had me g-going for a s-second...B-but y-you shouldn't j-joke about s-stuff like that. T-the E-Elite could h-hear you a-and arrest you! S-Saying y-you're part of a t-terrorist g-group is k-kinda serious..."

"Yeah, that's right," Laura added, though more quiet and sober than her friend. If he was a mere look-alike, he was certainly a convincing one. Maybe if he wasn't the real deal, the real-real one had a look-alike to fool Elite. Which meant if he wasn't the real Aidric, then he was working with him and closely too. Which meant they would be in huge trouble if they got caught.

"I--I think we shoul--" Laura started to say, but Aryil cut her off, suggesting she join them for food. "I--I don't--"

M-maybe we can visit your f-family r-real quick?" Aryil smiled a little. "I-I don't m-mind stopping there f-first!"

"My family..." Laura looked down, not sure how to say her feelings. And she didn't want to give out too much information, not in front of strangers. (Well, not strangers, exactly, now that she knew their names and that one was a teacher, but still...) "I don't think so," she whispered. "They...they probably don't want to see me right now. It's okay--we can just....we can just eat," she said, an air of defeat in her voice.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cafe Richard · Next Topic »
Photobucket

Destine Enormity