Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Destine Enormity
People who need to post today (4/20):
Happy Easter!
Photobucket
The Grand Ball; Well, It was SUPPOSED to be anyway...
Topic Started: Dec 19 2012, 11:56 PM (280 Views)
sugarapplesweet
Member Avatar
Master Poisoner
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah: *eyes flitting left and right as he casually wanders toward the his group of compatriots, trying to appear as unnoticed as possible*

Emily: *her arm around Sven's* Would you relax? Dio isn't going to do anything untoward to your girlfriend. *in a black and white cocktail dress with a slit up one side, wearing domino mask that is black on one side and white on the other*

Ackerly: [looking surprisingly well put together, wearing a red dress that covers the scars on her arms and a garish red and gold mask. She's made a beeline for the drinks, but she doesn't . . . seem to be drinking excessively]

Fisher: *Stands waiting for Noah,   nervously.   he much rather have stayed home*

Arco: *Standing near a table full of first class foods and drinks. Is wearing a purple suit with a blue tie. His hair is also blue and is, for once, combed back. Is wearing a purple domino mask with small white lenses on the eye-holes, so his eyes are still not visible* Ah, nothing like a good party to make you forget the stress of work, right? *Pours two glasses of wine, one for himself and another for his date*

Valentine: *laughs* Ah, a party like this _is_ work. *takes the glass and sips graciously* Surely you know that, Wiseman. The Elite's best and brightest are all here. This party is politics.

Dio: *Walking about, looking at the place, one arm around Ellie's. Is wearing a white suit with a black shirt and a white tie. Is also wearing a Phantom Of The Opera-style mask that covers the eye that his hair doesn't cover* This is the first time I've ever been in a house this big...

Arco: *Sips his wine* But politics can be fun when you know what you're doing. And please, we're not at Tartarus. You may call me Arco.

Gaelic: *smiles* Yeah, I quite enjoy that place. *two large male elk skeletons move quietly beside him*

Valentine: *in female form, dressed conservatively in purple and white with a white mask. she looks tiny next to Arco* As can work . . . Arco~

Sven: *standing with Emily in a white tux with a black mask, has his natural blond hair cut short and nicely combed* I can still keep an eye on him. *as uncomfortable as all hell*

Noah: *glides up next to fisher, voice soft* Try not to look so tense. You look like a board in a suit. *voice slightly teasing*

Ellie: *grins* It's so nice~ *in a soft yellow gown and Vientiane-style cat mask that compliments her darker skin, leans against Dio* Everything is so fa-are those -Elk-?!......*takes out minicamera, snaps photo*

Noah: It's a sure sign you don't belong, try to look casual.

Dio: ... Honestly, the people the Wisemen hire...

Vance: [/Blinks, wearing a simple black mask, with thin yellow accents] O-Oh...wow.. um... [/Oh god] [/Those used to be ALIVE] I-I... [/Get a hold of yourself] T-t-those are nice...

Ellie: *nod nod*...Ooh~! Food~! *grabs snack off of a passing tray, gasps* T-this is...a Cafe Richard Heavenly Delight Fudge brownie.....OhmygodbestdayofmyLIFE~! <3

Arco: I'm curious, Valentine. What made you accept my invitation so quickly? I am aware most of the Elite stationed at Tartarus are not my... Greatest fans.

Ellie: *gneeeeee*

Fisher:  I don't belong *hisses* Galf these people want to kill me * dressed in a gray suit,  with a furry cat mask with matching tail* 

Dio: That's an awfully long name for a brownie. *Picks one, tastes it* .... Whoa. It -is- great.

Sven: *notices Ellie making a beeline for the desert table, tries not to smirk but shakes his head* Pretty much what I thought it'd be.

Valentine: Most doesn't mean all. I have an . . . appreciation . . . for your work. And besides, why would I turn down an invitation from such a handsome man? *smiles*

Ellie: *nom nom nom*

Emily: *notices Vance with Gaelic*....Your other boyfriend is here.

Arco: Hahaha~ Careful, now~

Vance: I-I think the Cafe is c-catering here- did you know? [/Smiles]

Sven: *turns slightly red under his mask* He's not my other boyfriend, and you know it.

Gaelic: * has the elk pose for photos* yes,  thought I would change things up for a bit. *smiles*  I've noticed that Antoinette is catering. 

Valentine: *smile widens* I always am.

Ant: *standing in the kitchens, supervising everything, wearing a beautiful blue gown and a butterfly mask, holding a checklist*

Noah: ...you think I want to be here? On my own sure, but try to relax some. I've got your back, I won't let anything happen to you okay? *more worried that Aidric won't be able to contain himself and the ham will get out of the pen early*

Arco: Oh, I bet~ *Sips wine* Hm..? *Hearing talk nearby about the food and of who's catering for the ball, smirks*

Valentine: An old . . . friend of yours, I've heard.

Fisher: * tries to relax, still seems like a fish out of water*

Kitty: *can be seen in the background, chatting and mingling, Myrran by her side*

Arco: You may have read the files. Antoinette Richard. *Whispering* Keep it to yourself, but she's been a... Guest in Tartarus back in the day. We used to talk.

Emily: That's not what your body says. *smirks at him calmly*

Ellie: *in her happy place, can barely keep her ears and tail in* So much foooood~ <3
Ellie: *has also managed to pick several pockets before she could stop herself*

Dio: *Looking at her stuffing herself, eating with her, but not so much* Man, you really like this stuff, huh?

Valentine: Did she have anything interesting to say? Beyond the usual, oh god stop, I don't know anything . . . and so on.

Ellie: Yeah~! I fasted since last night so I wouldn't get too full~!

Arco: *Grins* Now that's a bit personal, isn't it~? Maybe I'll tell you later~ Maybe~

Valentine: I await the day~

Sven: He's... fine on his own. Bones won't bother him, I don't think... other than freak him the hell out.

Vance: [/smiles] I think I'll get some punch- I-I'll see you around! [/Awkwardly bows- has zero idea what to do in a ball] [/Flustered he makes his way to the table]

Arco: *Offers his arm to Valentine* Let's walk around, the party has just begun, after all~

Valentine: *takes his arm courteously* Lead the way~

Ant: *makes her way out to the table, whispered to Noah* Any sign of our fearless leader? *not looking at him, writing on clipboard and surveying table*

*Abruptly the music comes to a stop, a shrill squeal coming from one of the instruments*

Ant: *looks up, staring straight ahead*......nevermind.

Noah: Yup

Fisher: *follows in Noah to the food table but doesn't eat anything, too scared to eat, may get sick*

Valentine: *looks up to the band*

Aidric: *Comes striding onto stage, clad in a dark suit and an old-fashioned waistcoat, as well as a vest, tie, and masquerade mask that match his eyes. The top hat only adds to the effect* No, no, no, what ARE you doing!?

Ellie: *pauses in stuffing herself* ??? *ears perk*

Vance: [/FLINCHES] ...oh. [/ A show? Was this a show?] [/Calms down]

Dio: *Looks at the stage* What's going on?

Fisher: D: 

Ellie: Dunno~ *tail can be seen wiggling under her dress, curious*

Aidric: This is a PARTY, not a charity auction! *He makes his way up to the microphone and tugs it off its stand* Obviously, I have to show you people how to liven things up. Honestly, you'd think you'd get it by now

Gaelic: *looks up with interest*

Sven: *raises an eyebrow, keeping quiet but definitely judging whoever the hell just got on stage*

Aidric: *Points to the drummer* HIT IT~!

Emily: Hmm?

Vance: [/Small smiles] [/Well things will have a more casual feel to it]

Valentine: *frowns up at the man on the stage* That's odd.

Arco: I don't know, it -was- a bit dull in here.

Aidric: *Amazingly enough, the band DOES seem to know what's going on, although they are VERY confused when they're being referred to as Steve, Andy and Nick. But they do roll with it* Ooooooh life's been gettin' so hard, living with the things you do to me~! UH-HUH! Why things are gettin' so strange, I like to tell you everything I see~!

Ant: *buries face in hands* Oh god......*sighs, shakes head, glances up to watch him anyway, small smile*

Noah: ....why....ugh. *starts to slip to the side, gently taps Fisher's shoulder to indicate he should follow him toward the back left exit, slowly weaving toward it, doing best not to look in a hurry*

Valentine: But who is he? That's not Faust, surely. This doesn't seem like either of their styles. Whenever something odd's going on in this city, it's never something good.

Gaelic: *stares at Aidric in puzzlement**tilts head to one side*

Fisher: *follows after Noah, no questions asked*

Sven: *scowls* Okay... that music change is even worse than I thought it was going to be. What the hell is this?

Emily: Who knows...

Aidric: OH! I see a man at the back, as a matter of fact, his eyes are as red as the sun! *He smirks a bit as he watches Fisher and Noah leave* And the girl in the corner, let no one ignore her, cause she thinks SHE'S the passionate one! *He points to Ant and winks* AWWW, YEAAAH!

Noah: *nods slowly* Keep your voice down...I'm going to take fisher and check the back left exit, see if the rooms beyond have anything, you with us, or going your own way?

Ackerly: With you, 'less you think s'about to become less boring out here. *inexplicably appears to be holding a bottle of drink*

Ant: *turns* Oh I don't da-*freezes as she sees him*......*only manages a quiet whimper of terror*

Noah: *waves them forward, pauses when an Elite officer stops them after they turn the corner from the main room* Er...which way to the restrooms?

Officer: *sighs, fifth time he's heard this* back down this hall the way you came, and to your left.

Noah: Thank you so very much, sir~

Officer: *heads back into the ball room, muttering*

Noah: ...that was close. And before you say anything, no Ackerly you can't kill him next time.

Ackerly: Sure, kid, I'm always great at respectin' orders from people with, what, thirty years less experience than me? Yeah.

Valentine: *sighs and wanders over to Dio* I suggest you and I stick near the doors. Just in case.

Fisher: *may actually need to use the restroom after that*

Sven: *catches Arco zeroing in on Ant* ...you not going to cut in on them?

Emily: *glances over*......*shrug*

Aidric: *He's so into the song that he doesn't notice Ant and Arco, snapping along with the music and belting out the lyrics* And the man at the back said "Everyone attack!" and it turned into a ballroom blitz! And the girl in the corner said "Boy, I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz-- ballroom blitz~!"

Arco: Thank you~ *Takes her by the wrist, holds her close as they dance, leading. Approaches mouth to her ear, whispering.* Long time no see, Little Annie~ Missed me~? Have you been a good girl~? Because I don't think you have...~

Dio: Huh? *Takes Ellie's arm gently, to Valentine* What do you mean?

Noah: Ackerly, you take the room to our right, Fisher, the one further down the hall, i'll check this one.

Ackerly: *glares at him* . . . Sure. *saunters into the room to their right, her body language saying: that's what I was going to do aaaanyway*

Ant: *closes eyes, shaking more, follows his lead, stuttering* I h-haven't caused any t-trouble, n-nor am I looking f-for any. I w-was just h-h-hired to work h-here...

Valentine: Something's not right here. And either your brother knows what it is . . . or he has the same suspicions I do.

Ellie: ????

Gaelic: *eyes narrow as he watches Ant and Arco dance... the elk paw the ground in agitation*

Fisher: *nod, and runs to check the room Noah had pointed out*

Sven: *watches Arco and Ant for a time, can tell the woman's uncomfortable, but it's not his problem* ...just don't get after me if you get pissed later.

Aidric: Ooooh, I'm reaching out for something, touching nothin's all I ever do~! Oh, I softly call you over, when you appear there's nothing left of you, aha~!

Arco: *Still whispering, holding her close enough that she can't push away* Oh, is that so? Then everything's okay~ But you know, Little Annie, I didn't know you had friends in the music industry~ *Nods towards the singer* He reminds me of someone, too. Now who could that be?

Ant: I...I don't know him. W-we chatted a bit while I was s-setting up here f-for the party this m-morning...B-but I never caught his n-name...P-please, I learned my lesson, I h-haven't done anything wrong...*doing her best not to cry*

Arco: Good, because you know what will happen if I catch you doing something bad, don't you, Little Annie~? *Pecks her cheek*

Ant: *whimper*

Noah: *scowls, looking through his room, can't find anything, not even a computer and bookcase appears to be...normal* Bugger...*leaves room, looks to see how his team-mates are going*

Ackerly: *quietly trashing the place* No luck.

Gaelic: *wishing he brought a small skeleton of some kind to run up Arco's pant leg.... debating if he should butt in*

Valentine: *wanders over to the stage, her eyes sharp with suspicion*

Vance: [/looks up noticing Ant-] [/Oh.... oh this... didn't seem good at all] [/That... that was a Wiseman] [/What would a Wiseman want with the owner of a cafe?]

Sven: *bored out of his mind, and the people around him aren't helping matters* Mind if I go check on Birdie?

Emily: Go ahead. *watching Arco play with his toy*

Sven: Right then. *figured she wouldn't care if he was gone, he knows her well enough**joins Vance* You holding together, Birdie? You look lost.

Noah: *heads over to Ackerly's room* Oh.... oh wow. Did yo have fun at least? 'She trashed it...I don't know how she did it so quickly, but she trashed the entire room...'

Ackerly: I've had more fun. *pulls out a book of matches and clearly is about to set the room on fire*

Aidric: Now the man at the back is ready to crack as he raises his hands to the sky! And the girl in the corner… *He trails off as his eyes fall upon Arco and Ant, singing stops even as the music continues. He gapes for a moment… and then without another thought his fist is in the air and a small shot of energy has been aimed quite squarely for Arco's face*

Arco: Hm? *Notices music stopped, grins* I KNEW I-*Is hit square in the face, knocking his domino mask off*BUHAAAUGH!! *Is tosses across the room*

Aidric: YOU KEEP YOUR DIRTY, STICKY SKITTLE HANDS -OFF- OF HER!

Arco: *Sits up, rubbing his face, hair is back down, covering his eyes, still grinning as he stands back up* Hehehehe...

Ant: *frozen in confusion and horror* I...w-wha....huh....

Noah: *hears commotion* Crap! We don't have time for this! *bolts to Fisher's room, looks inside and smirks* Great job, Fish! *said after he spotted the safe, darts over and places hand on the safe, letting a bond form with it before commanding the door to unlatch, door swings open* You found the safe, you should take the plans and the credit bud. *pats him on the shoulder*

Ackerly: What did you do, trip into it face first? *wanders in, match still lit*

Gaelic: *runs forward with his elk**looks terrified* Are you okay, Ant? *looks at Aidric* Is that Carter?! *remembers Aidric's attacks from before*

Valentine: *goes white and freezes**shit**shit, it's HIM**for a moment she can't move, terrified - she hadn't expected to be so scared, she's never scared* Carter! That's - Carter! *and it's meant to be a harshly barked order but it comes out afraid. she draws her pistol anyway**fires in Aidric's direction*

Fisher: Er, thanks. *takes the plans, hoping this doesn't backfire*

Vance: O-Oh Sven! I- [/Flinches again at the loud cracking sound- but this time he doesn't calm down] Oh god! [/The Wiseman! Wiseman Arco! He-] [/He turns to the yelling man] [/Shakes slighting] [/People were yelling his name] C-Carter?! The Aidric Carter?! [/Why...was he here?]

Sven: *he's not much more prepared for shit to hit the fan than Vance is, but unlike Vance, he doesn't freak**grabs Vance by the back of the collar and pulls him back instead* If Carter's here, then you can bet your ass his friends are too. *trying to spot some metal* Just watch your back, got it?

Emily: *sighs* Well then. Seems like the fun is about to start. *smirks, opens her purse and pulls out a blade*

Aidric: *He flings a shield up on reflex when he hears the gunshot, only just managing to deflect it. His eyes are for Arco, however, energy sparking off of him as he glares at the man.* I don't know why it is I expect you to understand when a lady's not interested. You're disgusting, Skittles.

Arco: *Grinning, calmly walking towards Aidric, one of his arms starts being covered in a shadow-like substance, resembling a monstrous claw* And you're incredibly dense, Mr. Carter. I know, now. I know who she is, and who you are. You've lost. With one phone call, I can ruin her life. And I'll make you watch~

Aidric: *His eyes widen a fraction before he lets out another growl* I don't have to know her to know what you're up to, Roy G. Biv, I've never seen her before in my life.

Ant: *looks up at Gaelic* I...I had no idea who he was! H-honest! *fearful expression* I didn't know! I s-swear! W-we barely talked!

Gaelic: *eyes shoot to Arco, eyes darken as he takes in what the man is saying* * looks Back at Ant* I trust you Ant and i'm not going to let any one  ANYONE hurt you...

Fisher: *Hides planning away safely in his shirts, before following  the group*

Ant: *hides behind Gaelic*

Vance: [/Nodding] [/It's a good idea to just let Sven take charge] [/His fingers go in the inner pocket, clutching a compact just in case- there was glass and other reflective surfaces just in case too] I-I don't under- [/It hits him] Do you think they'll... be trying to take out all the Wiseman here?! [/All the most important people were here after all]

Sven: *growls* Not if they've got some brains... *starts guiding Vance back with him towards the hallway doors, ripping a handle off one of the serving carts to use as a weapon, twisting the ends to keep them sharp* Just... *glances down the hall to see Noah and the others* Found them. *smirks*

Emily: *narrows eyes*....The boy that doesn't look like he's about to wet himself is mine.

Noah: *sees Sven and Emily* Frick...Ackerly, protect Fisher and the plans, aside from that...let's try not to make too big a mess~? *bond placed in his coat becomes active, enhancing his mobility, glances around for a weapon*

Aidric: *He glances over, watches as Ant gets behind Gaelic and feels a wave of relief. Strangely enough, he found he did trust that man.* Come on Skittles, if you're gonna gloat, at least do it while we're fighting! *With those words he unleashes a blast with both hands, a pure white burst of energy*

Ackerly: *looks at Fisher* You're immortal, kid, you can protect yourself. I'm gonna go kill someone.

Arco: Good! I've been meaning to settle the score with you! *Grins, tosses a big ball of dark energy against the blast. The two energies collide in a huge burst of black and white light. After the explosion settles, Arco flies through the dust towards Aidric, punching him across the face, the punch enhanced by his gravitational powers* Hah!

Ant: *backs up* Ah......I...I need to...I need to go....*runs with what remains of the crowd to the door*

Emily: *makes her way toward Noah* You're the guy from the train, aren't you? *grips blades, smirks* Payback time.

Valentine: *at the corners of the ballroom, having recovered from her shock, ordering the other Elites around- getting them to block the exits. Sure, it'd be nice if they could get the innocents out before the fight, but they can't risk letting Carter go. Sacrifices had to be made*

Ackerly: *tackles the first Elite she sees - Sven. She's spined and ready to go*
"This is a sin for which I deserved to be punished."
- Aoyagi Ritsuka, Loveless
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

sugarapplesweet
Member Avatar
Master Poisoner
Aidric: *The punch hits him and he's sent flying back to skid across the floor, the marble floor crackling and shards of it flying in the air as he slams an energy-charged palm against it to stop himself. He stands, shaking a sparking hand out and laughing* Settle the score? You talking about how I won last time while being at about 80%?

Aidric: I've got bad news for you, Roygbiv, I didn't have any fancy guards to fight through this time. Oh, and also, I'm -mad-. *He launches himself across the room again in a blur of blue, seemingly intending to just smash into Arco*

Arco: *Blinks* Wha-! *Raises darkness covered hand to block. Aidric smashes into his hand, making Arco's tendrils of darkness whip about everywhere. The impact lifts Arco off the floor, sending him and Aidric smashing straight into a table.* GRAAH..!

Arco: Gh..! *Shaking slightly, a trail of blood slides down from the corner of his mouth. Smirks through the pain* W-well, I got some news for you as well. Last time? I was at 50%... Here's 60%! *Punches him in the gut with a gravity enhanced fist*

Emily: *cracks knuckles, pulls out two blades, spins them between her fingers, switches the safeties on her hidden blades off, kicks off her stilettos, smirks at Noah* Ready?...Bring it.

James: *A door down the hallway is blown off the hinges. knocking out a guard in the process, he steps out of the smoke wearing a tattered suit, a knife brandished in his hand* I always got ta' yer sorry asses don't I?

Sven: *eyes up Ackerly, pushing Vance further behind him* You know the way out, Birdie? *makes the metal rod in his hand more dense, just shy of becoming brittle* I'll see you later. Okay? *figures Emily will go for the first guy (Noah), so he might as well go with Ackerly**doesn't even say a word to her before charging in, going in like a linebacker with his shoulder low, weapon ready*

Vance: Bu- [/He watches Sven go after Ackerly][/His foot goes back, still debating on actually listening- Sven was strong, much stronger then him] [/And Emily was here too] [/There wasn't much he /could/ do] [/Still it felt wrong to just /leave/][/He should get help though] [/This place was filled with Elite- they should know that there was MC in the back, fighting /students/] [/Faster the better]

Ackerly: *grins at this and digs her feet into the ground, taking a steady stance and holding her spined arms with the intent to impale him on the head and shoulders when he hits her*

Noah: *eyes narrow at Emily's comment* As you wish.....RUN! *whirls, one hand grabbing Fisher's shoulder and tugging/dragging him back down the hallway away from the Elite* 'take the bait....' *reaches out with animated bond with the door and safe that he had just opened, prepares snap the door off as the need arises*

Fisher: What! You can't! *no use Ackerly was gone leaving his alone* Why me!? * Is Grabbed by Noah and Is dragged backwards* AHHH!?

Aidric: *He lets out something between a choking grunt and a cry as he's sent flying upwards. He manages to recover on the way down, however, landing on one knee before spitting out a wad of blood.* That all you got, kid? Come on, your dad hit harder than that in the Tartarus! *He unleashes another blast, which takes out a table or two on its way to its target*

Arco: Hahaha..! *Grinning* 10G... 0G! *Slightly bends his knees and then jumps high into the air, very quickly. He spins in the air, his feet touching the ceiling before he pushes again, darting towards the floor, over the blast and towards Aidric* 20G! *Darkness envelops both his arms. Reaches with both hands go grab Aidric as he rams into him, his body getting much heavier*

Emily: *rolls her eyes* How utterly dull. Probably a trap....*shrugs* I could use the excitement. *slowly and calmly begins following them, ripping the sides of her dress at the bottom, calls out to them** You won't get far you know.

Gabe: *Was guarding the hallway when this all began, has now moved into the main room and spots Kivela taking on Ackerly* Never could judge a target could you, Kivela? *Runs towards the two, aiming a fist for Ackerly's face, Sven too close for a shock*

James: *Looks around the hallway* No one? B-but, I planned my entrance an' everythin' *Sighs and simply stabs the guard trying to gather their wits*

Sven: *can't stop his momentum completely, but he swings the metal bar anyway**it was aiming for her side, but trying to make it so he at least spares his head**his shoulder hits her arm, the spines digging into his shoulder* Fuck!

Vance: Mr. Lazerial! [/Oh thank god] [/But everything was happening at once] [/He steps back, glancing down the corridor and he see's a body drop to the ground, having a hard time having that sink in] .... [/He snaps back, to look at Sven and he was impaled] [/The mirrors in his hand already starts materializing into a shapeless form] S-Sven! [/What can he do?] [/How can he help?] [/He'd only hold back the two] [/He gets an idea, but he's shaking] [/He sprints down the hall where James is]

Ackerly: *rips her spines out of Sven's arm in a fluid motion and brings the same spined arm up to block Gabriel's punch - aiming one of her own to Gabe's stomach in return*

Noah: Come on Fisher, Ackerly can take care of herself. Let's go! *gets to end of hallway, turns and winks at Emily as they round the corner, waves hand and door rips off hinges and drops into Emily's path* 'Separate her from the pack if we have to fight, but at the rate she's going we'll just get away anyway, win win I guess'

Fisher:*Stumbles to his feet* I hope you're right. *sounds nervous* I'm useless in a fight.

Aidric: *He sucks in a deep breath as Arco launches himself at him, crossing his already blackening arms before him as he does so. He then flings his palms outward, creating a ball of energy that extends outward to catch Arco as he comes at him. The two connect before the blast properly explodes, sending marble shards and sparks everywhere.*

Arco: Kh..! *Is pushed away by the blast, spinning out of control* Nice try...! *Flings his arms to opposite sides, his body immediately stops in midair, then quickly spins around so he's standing upright, and then floats back down to the floor, panting* But there's no salvation for you this time! *Leaps towards Aidric, moving very fast. One hand grabs his left arm while the other throws a punch at his face*

Emily: *blinks in surprise at the sudden door*....Huh. *sighs, shakes head and pulls out phone* Thank goodness for smart phones. *turns around and heads down another set of hallways, following the floorplans for Faust Manor, ends up in front of where Noah and Fisher are headed, will beat them to their destination*

Gabe: *Jumps back, Ackerly's fist grazing his stomach, grabbing her arm and sending a strong shock through her...only enough to stun. He wants this fight to last* Kivela, now!

Sven: *he doesn't like taking orders from Gabe, but he's got no choice**he winces against the pain and moves away from Ackerly enough to avoid a retaliation, and he swings the pipe against the small of her back*

Vance: [/Ohgodohgodohgodohgod] [/Skitters to a slow, the silvery texture quivering violently around his hand like mercury] [/He locks eye contact with the mask, and tries to feel for a pulse on the man he just stabed- dead- /deaddeaddead/] /ohgodohgodohgod/ [/He reaches for the gun poking out of the corpse's pocket- this was wrong sowrong/] [/Grabs it, scrambling back away from James, holding it up aimed at him unsteadily]

Ackerly: *half-dodges, half falls out of the way of the pipe, and growls, irritated* * . . . well, the game is up already, right? Wiseman Prettyboy blew it out of the ground* Nice t'see you again, Shockerboy. Be sure to say hello to yer girlfriend for me. *grins* Remember, uh, what's her name, the mushroom girl? Shroom!

Noah: *preps bond with the safe, knows Emily well enough as she's chase him for a very long time , rounds corner* I think we lost her Fisher. *grins*

Fisher: Great, let's get out of here before someone else pops up and tries to kill us!

Aidric: *He is standing in the crater that remains after the previous exchange, panting, though he doesn't have the chance to do much else before the punch hits his face. Okay, in retrospect maybe showing off had been a terrible idea and he should have just dodged.*

Aidric: *He tries to move to attack again, but all he manages is a grimace as his arm momentarily slows, his own blackness pooling up to his shoulders.*

Arco: *Still holding Aidric's arm, grins* Hmhmhm~ *Other hand grabs the front of Aidric's shirt as the Wise Man lifts his opponent over his head and, enhancing his body's gravity, slams Aidric against the floor, strong enough to crack it under him. Steps back, almost skipping in joy*

Arco: Now, look at you~! How the mighty have fallen~! I mean, did you think your little crusade would end any other way, Aidric? Did you think you could simply wage war against us and there wouldn't be consequences!? *Suddenly looks mad, points at him* Know your place, you piece of trash!

Emily: *steps out from the corner as they pass, tosses blades to pin their pant legs to the floor* Lost who now? *smirks* Hello again.

James: *Holds his hands up* Oh dear....seems I've got meself in a dilly of a pickle. *Smirks* Looking fer this? *Opens a hand to reveal the gun's clip* I do admire yer courage~

Gabe: I'll send her your regards. *Voice is dripping in venom, sends a foot towards her knee* I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Sven: *dammit, he missed a second time, and he's still got blood dribbling out of his shoulder**still better than that metal death trap he left himself in* What... nothing to say to me? *makes the pipe brittle, smashing it on the floor and sending the shards to dig into Ackerly**it won't be fatal, but she's still going to have to be picking metal chips out of her skin*

Vance: [/His eyes widened seeing the gunclip] [/He was on edge as it was- this was supposed to be a nice party with his supiors and his friend! And now there was dead people, and explosions, and screaming- and now this masked man taunting him] [/He screams, as if suddenly startled and he flings the empty gun with surprising force at Jame's face]

Ackerly: Fuck! *she steps back out of the way of the kick, but she doesn't have a chance to protect against the metal shards* *but she's been preparing something else, and when she goes to strangle Gabriel, it's with bone armoring covering her hands*

Noah: *manages to catch himself with the bond in his jacket, hair hides eyes as a smile forms* I was wondering when you were going to show... *jerks right arm toward her, rumbling can be heard before the wall nearest Emily bursts open, the safe he had animated earlier to get at the plans hurls through the air and lands on the ground, only to turn and clamp it's door open and closed before jumping up from the ground at her* So Predictable!

Fisher: *lets out a yelp of surprise* Where did she-?! How?! *watch as Noah springs his trap*  You were planning this! * looks terrified*

sugarapplesweet
Member Avatar
Master Poisoner
Aidric: *He lets out a choked cry as he slams against the floor, hears the crack of a rib or two like breaking eggs. He grimaces, sucking in a shallow breath before struggling to force himself to rise* No, I won't. You can't stomp on the heads of a whole group of people and not expect them not to fight back! *He lets the breath out and slams his palm down, using the burst of energy to rise and try to launch himself at Arco again, though he is slower than before*

Arco: I can't? You idiot! *Stands his ground, stretching his hand towards a nearby chair. The chair is pulled to him by a gravitational force. Grinning he grabs the chair with both hands and swings it at the incoming Aidric* That's how society has always worked!

Emily: *rolls out of the way, grows and tosses a blade at Noah before charging toward him, one eye on the door* Impressive control! A shame your weapon is so unwieldy!

James: *Attempts to dodge the gun, but it clips the side of his head and causes him to stagger slightly* Ow! *Puts a hand to his head, finds as bit of blood on it* Wow, yer surprisingly strong kid. *Picks the gun up and loads the magazine, cocking it* But, ya never throw a gun back to the man holdin' tha bullets. *Points it at Vance* Freeze~ *Chuckles* Heh, I always wanted ta say that.

Gabe: *His arms reach out to gfrab Ackerly's arm as he chokes, a few gasps escaping his lips* Ki...Ki....vela. *Attempts to kick at her again, a blast of electricity aimed for her face*

Sven: *what the fuck is he supposed to do to get her to stop?!**he can't touch her, but he's got to get her off of his superior somehow**he tries to get around behind her, trying to keep out of range of her feet if she decides to kick him and slams his elbow into one of her knees, desperately trying to get her to buckle*

Vance: [/Vance turned a full shade paler, staring in horror at the terrorist before him] [/It barely sunk in what he exactly did] [/And what he did was a very stupid thing] [/A thing that was going to get him killed] ..O-Oh god no-! [The mercury like ball whipped more violently as he raises his hand]

Ackerly: *drags Gabriel to the side, making the blast go wild, and is tripped up by Sven's attack* Fuckers, there ain't enough of you for one of me! *she catches herself on the wall, trying to hit Gabe's head against the wall in the process*

Noah: *shoves Fisher to the right and uses the force of the push to dodge left, barely avoiding the knife* Unwieldy yes, but that's why you never come to the party with only one! *slaps hand against a door on the wall beside him, figures it's a janitor's closet, door flings open blocking Emily's view of him* 'think Noah, think, what have we got here....mops...eh, why not.' *brushes fingers over the only two mops in the closet, readies them for when she rounds the door, meanwhile the safe flops to a halt and slowly turns around to give chase*

Fisher: Ahh! *Cries out when he is shoved out of the way**stumbles and falls to the ground**looks around in a panic, his red eyes falling on Emily, then shooting to Noah* I think you have this handled, I'm going to get out of here with the plans! *turns tail and runs the way they had come*

Aidric still rises, blood dripping into his eyes and across that trademark scar, dripping from his nose. Blackness coils through his veins, sears his limbs to something ashen and weak, but he ignores it. He spits out crimson, then lets out a snarl through bloodied teeth, the energy sparking around him becoming white and hot* Society's built on the backs of revolutionaries, Baleno!

*He leaps for Arco again, unleashing a hail of what may as well have been meteors with the way they burned* You and that stupid council don't choose my place for me, you don't choose the place of Normals, or those kids in that school, or anything! *He slams his foot into the ground and sends forth a tidal wave of energy, splintered wood and marble*

*Here he crosses his arms before him, fingers clenching, heart thumping in his ears as he sucks in a breath. He shouldn't have been going on like this, shouldn't have been ranting, should have slowed down and waited because who knew how long this fight could be going on. Then again, he'd always been the sort to burn out over fading away* My place is this city, and if I have to burn you and whoever gets in my way to save it, so be it!

Arco: Kh..! *Scowls, tossing chair against the hail of attacks. He tries to leap out of the way, but the noise and impact of the chair getting torn apart draw his attention and he freezes in place just enough. He lets out a high pitched scream as the attacks hit him over and over again. When Aidric slams his feet down, the battered Wise Man is tossed off the floor and back, landing on his back, not quite sure of what happened.

There's blood dripping down along and around his nose, from the corner of his mouth, and some trails of red visible running down his bare hands. His mouth is hanging open, and for a moment is seems he's unconscious.

Arco: ....

Arco: *Slowly sits up, with a pained grin on his face. holds up an index finger like an student trying to call the attention of the teacher* J-Just one little thing... *Raises to one knee, and then stands up, still grinning* Tell me, Aidric... Say you succeed. *Starts walking towards the other man* Say you actually defeat the "bad guys!"

Arco: *Grin turns into an expression of disdain* Then what? You'll be where I am now. You'll be the power, you'll be standing above the rest. How long until someone else rises to take you down? Or do you think everyone will proclaim you a hero?

Emily: *glances back at the door, grabs the blade she threw at Noah before and goes running up the hallway, notices fisher* Oh no you don't! *tosses blade at his back just as she runs past the closet*

James: *Feels the mansion shake a bit* 'Wow, he's really going at it' *Looks at the orb near Vance* Oi, what's that ya got there kid? *Steps closer, still pointing the gun at Vance...damn his interest in shiny things*

Gabe: *His eyesight goes fuzzy as his head slams into the wall, causing him to stumble slightly* ... *A barrage of electricity blasts fly towards her*

Sven: *with Gabe's bolts going everywhere, he doesn't know how to really dodge**he's starting to think he's out of his game here again, but then he has a thought**his bond with the shards is still there**even if Gabe's attack doesn't hit, those metal bits are still in that fucking psycho**he tries to push a majority of them further into her skin, not really expecting to hit muscle but trying anyway*

Sven: Just land one fucking hit on her, would you, you fucking asshole! *he's had Gabe use him as a lightning rod before, so why won't it work here?*

Vance: [/Oh god oh god ohgodgodgod] [/He can't breath, his chest tightens up] [/Screams out of wild terror, snapping up his mirror up, creating a shield] Go away! [/Practically cowering] [/He wants to cry- he wasn't expecting a war! He wasn't expecting any of this!]

Ackerly: *swings Gabe around bodily, knowing it's harder to hit a moving target**fuck, what is that, the shards of metal are burrowing**this has stop**attempts to slam Gabe into Sven*

Ackerly: *also tightening her grip on Gabe's throat, half in pain and half in an attempt to knock him out so she get her hands free*

Noah: *darts forward out from behind the door and wraps his arms around Emily's waist* Sorry cutie, your dance partner is me! *smirks and uses the bond with his coat to augment his strength, turns and attempts to spin her away back down the hall as the door opens flush to the wall* And we haven't finished tangoing. *taunting tone*

*animated safe begins to hop forward, gaining momentum, still not to Emily yet*

Aidric: *This does give him a moment's pause. Then his eyes squeeze shut, the energy building yet again* Maybe. But then again, I imagine it'd be pretty easy to call me that when compared to you. *He sucks in a deep breath, preparing, energy thrumming around him, gathering for one final blast* This is my city. I'm the hero here. I'm the leader of the Messiah Complex. I'm--

Arco: ... *Darkness envelops his feet as he reduces his personal gravity to zero. He kicks on the floor, darting forwards in an incredible speed. Holds right hand back, which is enveloped in darkness. Only stops when he reaches Aidric, hitting him on the stomach with a gravity enhanced punch. He stops after the punch, standing upright, facing forwards, not even looking down at Aidric. His expression is now drained of humor, very serious.* ... I was being rhetorical.

Emily: *instantly freezes up upon being grabbed, growls and spins on her feet, springs wrist-blades and darts toward Noah, snarling* Don't you F*cking touch me, you dirty peasant! *slashing at him, bloodlust leaking into her expression*

James: *Really feels bad for the kid* A shield? Impressive~ *Puts the gun down* And really, jus' between you an' me...I ain't gonna shoot you. *Reaches out and touches the shield* This is no place fer ya, leave an' go home kid.

Gabe: *Gasping for air, a death glare in his eyes. The pain is immense but he will not let her see that* *More blasts move towards her, aimed for the metal shards*

Sven: *gets out of the way, but not without landing on his injured shower* Ag... *seethes* Dammit...! *pushes off of the floor and tries to pull himself out of the way of the brawl**he can't get Ackerly's hands off of Gabe, no matter what he does really*

Vance: [/He's shaking badly and he knows it] [/What a coward he is] ...b...but... [/How pathetic does he have to be to get pity from a man that just killed someone seconds before- and if left along, kill more?] [/But...] [/Sven was still with that horrible woman] [/The whole reason why he left was to...] .... [/He shuts his eyes and kicks his way up, slamming the mirror shield up against James] [/It will still hold, as long as he holds it and serious damage wasn't thrown] [/He shoots his arm out and snatches the gun, backing up] Y-You j-just killed a man! [/His voice was cracking] You blew a hole in the wall! This house is filled with terrorists, and my friend could get killed by you monsters! [/He fires but the aim was off] [/Of course it'd be] [/He wasn't even holding it right]

Noah: *barely manages to pull himself away from her swing with the bond in his coat* Woah, careful with those claws, kitten! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you wanted to hurt me. *enjoys teasing her like this, sees it as a sort of gentle payback for all the trouble she's caused him, winks at her before yanking himself back away from her into the closet, and slamming the door closed* 'Now...to figure out what to do from here.'

Ackerly: *is electrocuted for a brief second, losing her grip on Gabe's throat, but then turns quickly and tries to kick Sven in the face*

Fisher: *watches as Aidric is pummeled by Arco* Aidric! *his voice echoed his sheer terror at the sight. How could Aidric be beaten so badly? Aidric the most powerful Man Fisher had ever known**he had to get out of there, eyes shot to the main doors**hesitates, before running for the doors*

sugarapplesweet
Member Avatar
Master Poisoner
(I kept the formatting as Digi had it, so I hope that's okay with you all.)

Aidric: *He is standing in the crater that remains after the previous exchange, panting, though he doesn't have the chance to do much else before the punch hits his face. Okay, in retrospect maybe showing off had been a terrible idea and he should have just dodged. He tries to send another blast, but all he manages is a grimace as his arm momentarily slows, his own blackness pooling up to his shoulders*

Arco: *Still holding Aidric's arm, grins* Hmhmhm~ *Other hand grabs the front of Aidric's shirt as the Wise Man lifts his opponent over his head and, enhancing his body's gravity, slams Aidric against the floor, strong enough to crack it under him. Steps back, almost skipping in joy*

Arco: Now, look at you~! How the mighty have fallen~! I mean, did you think your little crusade would end any other way, Aidric? Did you think you could simply wage war against us and there wouldn't be consequences!? *Suddenly looks mad, points at him* Know your place, you piece of trash!

Aidric: *He lets out a choked cry as he slams against the floor, hears the crack of a rib or two like breaking eggs. He grimaces, sucking in a shallow breath before struggling to force himself to rise* No, I won't. You can't stomp on the heads of a whole group of people and not expect them not to fight back! *He lets the breath out and slams his palm down, using the burst of energy to rise and try to launch himself at Arco again, though he is slower than before*

Arco: I can't? You idiot! *Stands his ground, stretching his hand towards a nearby chair. The chair is pulled to him by a gravitational force. Grinning he grabs the chair with both hands and swings it at the incoming Aidric* That's how society has always worked!

Aidric: *He takes the chair to the face and is sent flying back to hit the wall. The chandelier up above shudders along with the rest of the mansion. Once this has subsided, however, Aidric still rises, blood dripping into his eyes and across that trademark scar, dripping from his nose. Blackness coils through his veins, sears his limbs to something ashen and weak, but he ignores it. He spits out crimson, then lets out a snarl through bloodied teeth, the energy sparking around him becoming white and hot* Society's built on the backs of revolutionaries, Baleno!

*He leaps for Arco again, unleashing a hail of what may as well have been meteors with the way they burned* You and that stupid council don't choose my place for me, you don't choose the place of Normals, or those kids in that school, or anything! *He slams his foot into the ground and sends forth a tidal wave of energy, splintered wood and marble*

*Here he crosses his arms before him, fingers clenching, heart thumping in his ears as he sucks in a breath. He shouldn't have been going on like this, shouldn't have been ranting, should have slowed down and waited because who knew how long this fight could be going on. Then again, he'd always been the sort to burn out over fading away* My place is this city, and if I have to burn you and whoever gets in my way to save it, so be it!

Arco: Kh..! *Scowls, tossing chair against the hail of attacks. He tries to leap out of the way, but the noise and impact of the chair getting torn apart draw his attention and he freezes in place just enough. He lets out a high pitched scream as the attacks hit him over and over again. When Aidric slams his feet down, the battered Wise Man is tossed off the floor and back, landing on his back, not quite sure of what happened.

There's blood dripping down along and around his nose, from the corner of his mouth, and some trails of red visible running down his bare hands. His mouth is hanging open, and for a moment is seems he's unconscious.

Arco: ....

Arco: *Slowly sits up, with a pained grin on his face. holds up an index finger like an student trying to call the attention of the teacher* J-Just one little thing... *Raises to one knee, and then stands up, still grinning* Tell me, Aidric... Say you succeed. *Starts walking towards the other man* Say you actually defeat the "bad guys"!

Arco: *Grin turns into an expression of disdain* Then what? You'll be where I am now. -You-'ll be the power, -you-'ll be standing above the rest. How long until someone else rises to take -you- down? Or do you think everyone will proclaim you a hero?

Aidric: *This does give him a moment's pause. Then his eyes squeeze shut, the energy building yet again* Maybe. But then again, I imagine it'd be pretty easy to call me that when compared to you. *He sucks in a deep breath, preparing, energy thrumming around him, gathering for one final blast* This is my city. I'm the hero here. I'm the leader of the Messiah Complex. I'm--

Arco: ... *Darkness envelops his feet as he reduces his personal gravity to zero. He kicks on the floor, darting forwards in an incredible speed. Holds right hand back, which is enveloped in darkness. Only stops when he reaches Aidric, hitting him on the stomach with a gravity enhanced punch. He stops after the punch, standing upright, facing forwards, not even looking down at Aidric. His expression is now drained of humor, very serious.* ... I was being -rethorical-.

Aidric: *He lets out a choked gasp of pain, doubling over. Without focus, the energy dissipates in a flash of white-- bright, but otherwise harmless*

Arco: *Lowers hand and puts in his pocket* You're naive, Aidric, that's the problem. *Pulls out a handkerchief from his other pocket and proceeds to wipe the blood from his face, slowly but surely catching his breath from the fighting* Let me tell you something. "Equality" is not something that can be achieved at a mass level. You can have a power user and a normal be friends and whatever, but you can't have two large groups of them coexist in equality. The individual is smart, the individual understands, the individual evolves. The masses? The masses are stupid, weak willed, and sporadic, like animals. *Turns, looking down on him* In this city, you rule or you're ruled, it's that simple. Even if you destroy the council, the "freedom" you dream of will be short-lived. Fights will break out once again until one group rules over the other.

Arco: And you? You'll be discarded by the very people you're bleeding for.

Aidric: *He drops to his knees, the ends of his suit coat fluttering around him. He's shaking from exhaustion, eyes wide, blackness spreading up his face, twisting like vines and stopping just at the edges of his vision. He lets out a shaky breath, like wind through a tunnel, tries to force his numb fingers to clench into fists, tries to pull flames from dying embers. He can't move, but still he tries to spit words out in spite of everything* You're wrong. They're better than you think. I've seen people come together to do more than you'd ever know. They just… they just need the right direction, that's all.

Arco: *Moves to stand before him, waits until he looks up* You don't even know where you came from, how could you tell the way people should go? *Brings right foot back and then forwards, kicking him right on the face*

Arco: Here's something we can agree on, Aidric. The future is written by the winners. You -lose-.

Aidric: *Pain explodes through his face and he lets out a grunt as the kick sends him toppling backwards. He's left laying flat on his back on the floor, breathing through two missing teeth and an obviously broken nose. He lets out a wheezing breath, then forces a laugh that sends a ripple of pain through broken ribs* H-hardly. Who cares about the past, Skittles? The Messiah Complex is the future. As long as it exists, I'm still playing. And as long as I'm still playing-- and as long as you're still wearing that God-awful purple suit, f-for the record --you haven't won.

Arco: Oh? *Smirks* Then that simplifies things. I'll just hunt down each and every one of your merry little followers. And you know what I'm going to do? I'll break them, in body, mind, and even in soul. I'll do it in front of you so you can follow every single moment, so you can look them in the eye. And you know what? I think I'll begin with sweet little Annie... *Grins* It wouldn't be the first time we've met in such circumstances, anyway~

Aidric: *His eyes narrow and his arm extends, a last shot of adrenaline driving charged fingers into Arco's leg* Over my dead body you will, bastard. You won't touch them, and you won't touch -her-. *His grip tightens, stronger, and if he'd been in any other condition it would have been augmented with enough energy to crush bone… but as is, it comes down to nothing*

Arco: *Smiles, almost gently, at him, both hands still in his pocket. He already won, and they both knew.* How cute, but I don't think you heard me. *Leans forwards so he can get his face closer* I already did. She never told you, did she?

Aidric: *He glares up at Arco for a moment, rage clearly building… then something seems to hit him, however. He spits a glob of blood in the Wiseman's face* You don't understand anything, do you Skittles? I'll have you know she did tell me-- she's told me everything you've done and she's become so much more than you could ever be. Was tonight a setback? Sure, but that's all it was. In the end, you're just a little black stain, and year by year you will fade and fade until you're nothing more than a bad dream chased away by my hands. To her, to Arcadia, to everything.

That's the problem, Skittles-- you don't understand people, not really. You can beat them down, but they are stronger than that. Just like Ant, just like me, they'll just keep coming back. And in the end they'll win, they'll be strong… and you'll just be the little black stain in the corner. -Nothing-.

Arco: Agh..! *Stumbles back after the blood hits his face, covering it with one of his hands* ..... *Stays in shocked silence as Aidric continues to talk, every word cutting into him, deep into his pride. His body begins shake in rage. As if reacting to this, chairs and table around him begin to float off the floor and suddenly dart away from him, flying across the air. One such chair smashes through a window. W-Who... Who...

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? *He lowers his hand, roaring at Aidric in anger. Before anyone can tell what's happened, the Wise Man darts toward his fallen adversary, kicking him on the side with a darkness enveloped foot, strong enough to lift him off the floor. Without missing a bit, he reaches with a dark claw that just before was his hand, grabbing him by his collar* I AM EVERYTHING IN THIS CITY! -YOU- NOTHING! -YOU'RE- THE PAST! *The darkness wraps around Aidric as Arco locks him in a tight gravitational grip. He lets him go, waving his hand as Aidric begins to float in midari*

AND I'LL ERASE YOU! *He lifts his hand, and just as commanded, Aidric is slammed against the ceiling* ANNIE TOO! *He slams him down on the floor* EACH EVERYONE OF THOSE WHO STAND AGAINST ME! *To the side, against an ice sculpture* ALL SHALL PERISH BEFORE MY POWER! DO YOU HEAR ME!? HUH!? *He thrusts both hands forwards, slamming Aidric against a glass wall near the entrance of the ball room, all the way across from where he is. The impact makes a large noise and leaves several cracks on the glass* A-all... All shall perish... *He lowers his hand, darkness evaporating from his body, leaving him sweaty and bruised, panting hard.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Hesperides Gardens · Next Topic »
Photobucket

Destine Enormity