Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
EpicWrite News
EpicWrite in the Park event June 18th, Location TBD!                                                                                            Summer EpicWrite, August 9-12th, Location TBT!                                                                                            Do not play near interdimensional portals!                                                                                            Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!
Welcome to The EpicWrite Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

This is the Official forum of the EpicWrite community; members can post stories from events and personal writing projects for feedback. There are also threads for character planning for upcoming events! Guests have the ability to read the threads, but cannot post or reply.

Registration will require admin approval.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What Even IS a Storyworld?
Topic Started: Jun 10 2016, 01:58 PM (35 Views)
Connor
Member Avatar
The Dark Paladin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is a term I've seen around on the forums a bit, but I don't actually know what it means. Is it just a group story's background world? Or some kind of consistent theme behind an entire event? Because I thought EpicWrite was supposed to be a lot about interacting with people who don't necessarily fit in your character's world, and then interpreting them as something that makes more sense. Or the other solution, where everyone's stories take place in some sort of conflux of different worlds.

Any thoughts?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sarah
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure, but I think the idea was to have overarching universes of some sort which could be used as settings for Epicwrite events so there could be a more coherent story or cast of characters (if the writers wanted one.)
Honestly, though, I'd ask an admin because I really don't know.

Connor
Member Avatar
The Dark Paladin
That seems like it makes sense. I wonder if the PEP Squad world counts as one.

Liz
Member Avatar
Stranger
[ * ]
*shows up 20 years later*
Yep, that's exactly it. It's basically the setting, so that if people are stuck/want to group up with someone/want to try and make the different stories at least be complimentary in some way (like, idk, if your character is a spy and someone else is from space, maybe they mention in their story world that there's an evil banking clan and you go "oooooh cool!" so to help them out you write being a spy that is trying to track down the evil banks in your story) then they can easily find the info.

Connor
Member Avatar
The Dark Paladin
^ that seems like a really good idea, coordinating even completely disparate worlds to have some intersections. Then instead of just making the whole event a single world that just happens to be a confluence of dimensions, we can have separate worlds that can nevertheless incorporate other people's characters mostly unchanged.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Storyworlds · Next Topic »
Add Reply