Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
EpicWrite News
EpicWrite in the Park event June 18th, Location TBD!                                                                                            Summer EpicWrite, August 9-12th, Location TBT!                                                                                            Do not play near interdimensional portals!                                                                                            Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!
Welcome to The EpicWrite Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

This is the Official forum of the EpicWrite community; members can post stories from events and personal writing projects for feedback. There are also threads for character planning for upcoming events! Guests have the ability to read the threads, but cannot post or reply.

Registration will require admin approval.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EpicWrite - Summer 2016 - Monolith
Topic Started: Aug 6 2016, 10:18 PM (50 Views)
Addison
Member Avatar
Rival
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey all! I'm here to introduce: Recommended Settings!
Are you tired of your character being the Lone Wolf Bounty Hunter from Beyond the Stars, and finding yourself traveling with three wizards, a talking cat, and that kid who flunked math in seventh grade? Well have no fear! Because now, we're actually giving you a target to aim your character ideas at!

THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL
You do not have to use the Recommended Setting.
But if you want to be certain that someone else fits into your story neatly, use the Recommended Setting.

Monolith's Recommended Setting is *drumroll*

The city of Tenwich, capitol of Umberland!
This is a steampunk setting, a large and sprawling city. Much of the city is powered by natural geysers, and the scent of Coal and Sulfur fills the air of the poorer districts, while the wealthy parade their polished works of mechanical art up and down the streets.
All is not well, of course. Lately, many unfortunates have been disappearing from the streets, and talk of mechanical beasts attacking people out at night have even reached the Queen's palace. Are these unrelated? Or are they connected??

Place: Tenwich, capitol of Umberland
Genre: Steampunk and Mystery
Crisis: Kidnappings, Monsters, and Class Warfare, oh my!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sarah
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for putting this up! Ironically, I already had a character in mind, but I hope this will help other players have a sense of what the next Epicwrite will be about. :)

Connor
Member Avatar
The Dark Paladin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think it worked out well. People who needed context for their characters were able to integrate into a world everyone at least recognized as real, even if they weren't playing in it in their own story. And as far as I can tell, it didn't get in the way of anyone's own journeys through wherever they were.

Whaaat should the next one be? Is it too early to be thinking about that? Should we build one together on the forum?

Sarah
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maybe? I'm tempted to go find a genre mashup creator or something to get some worldbuilding ideas. :)

Addison
Member Avatar
Rival
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The intention is for each Recommended Setting to be community built here on the forum, basically as soon as the last even has finished. So go for it!

Sarah
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
... I'm looking for something now. Where do you think the next Epicwrite even will be? That might be something to consider before working out a genre.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Characters and Worlds · Next Topic »
Add Reply