Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
EpicWrite News
EpicWrite in the Park event June 18th, Location TBD!                                                                                            Summer EpicWrite, August 9-12th, Location TBT!                                                                                            Do not play near interdimensional portals!                                                                                            Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!
Welcome to The EpicWrite Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

This is the Official forum of the EpicWrite community; members can post stories from events and personal writing projects for feedback. There are also threads for character planning for upcoming events! Guests have the ability to read the threads, but cannot post or reply.

Registration will require admin approval.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EpicWrite Summer 2016: Monolith
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 12:09 PM (22 Views)
Connor
Member Avatar
The Dark Paladin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey everybody! Post what you've got of your stories so far, or let us know if you're working on finishing them up!
This is the thread! Post 'em! Really! I want to see. Everyone wants to see!
Let us know if you want critique or just heaping pounds of praise. I've found that both can be helpful in their own way.

I'll start us off with the first tiny part of the very first scene we did. Plus an intro, because it wouldn't be an EpicWrite story if I hadn't spent 3 times as long writing about things that didn't actually happen.
Warning: strong language, blatant retcons of real world events.

Edit: I'd like to ask for critique, but considering it's a page of nonsense, I'll hold off on that request for a bit, I think.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Empress_EpicWrite_Summer_2016.doc (26.5 KB)
Edited by Connor, Aug 13 2016, 12:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sarah
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I honestly haven't gotten very far at all with mine, and have decided it would probably be noncanon for the character I wound up making anyway. I didn't do a great job with keeping in-character, tbh, so I'm not sure what to do with my notes anymore. Your story looks good, though!

Connor
Member Avatar
The Dark Paladin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My advice is, even if you don't keep anything from the actual event, the notes and the memories can breathe life and energy into a character and a world. You know, a bit better at least, how it feels to be in that character's skin; you know how they would have reacted if the canon story had included people like Empress, Landi, Jade, Cade, dragons and demons and all kinds of things you might never actually write them meeting.

Sarah
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All right then. Thanks for the advice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Event Stories · Next Topic »
Add Reply