Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Dice
News
Quick Ref
Put your mouse in this box to stop the scrolling.

[s]Equestrian Legends the Original is back![/s] Rumours of my rebirth have been greatly exaggerated.

SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE, PAGES ARE UP FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES, POSTING IS ALLOWED BECAUSE I'M ALLOWED TO DREAM

CST
The current dates for IC play are 1 September 5151 - 30 November 5151

Autumn

This board is best viewed in Firefox, Safari and Chrome browsers.

Welcome to Equestrian Legends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Lovely Tomboy; Open [23 December 5150]
Topic Started: Aug 23 2012, 09:46 PM (507 Views)
Tsukiko
Member Avatar
I have very special eyes...
It was a day like any oher in the Honoh Hot Spring. Except, today, the the fox refused to obey her parents. "Missy, if you don't stop involving into those fights, we will ground you to the last day of your life!" the father scolded a boy... Or rather: a girl. The fox girl, name Honoh no Shouka, was being bandaged in the left forepaw by her mother. The three wearing their masks, as per tradition. "I do what I want, dad! I'm no longer a puppy!" the girl sounded rather moody. "You won't! First you had been clawed in the nose and broke your mask, since then you keep getting hurt! What will your future mate say about you?!" her mother yelled at her. Shouka pulled her paw away once her mother finished bandaging and said "He will say 'you sure have guts'.", walking out the building. Her parents shook their head in disapproval.

The foxgirl wandered alone outside, before she decided to set fire on marching ants, watching them contort and die. She didn't seem amused, nor displeased with the bizarre diversion of burning weak creatures until they died. She was herself a weakling too... And nothing could change that.
Edited by Tsukiko, Aug 24 2012, 01:40 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Shouka // Kitsune Inukami // Female
Glass Sharp // Pegasus // Male
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist Haze glanced around, marvelling at the sites around her, "oh wow, this is so cool" she squeed to herself, not caring that she was both lost and had come to this for off land with not real idea of what to do once she got there. Mist had resolved to learn as much as she could about as many creatures around the world and their cultures as she could but when she had reasoned that the most obvious place to go for that was Mane-Ji she had set off without any kind of forethought as to what to do once she got there, "well technically I'm not lost because I wasn't trying to get anywhere to begin with" she corrected herself as she wandered around the area aimlessly. Well technically I was looking for one of those hot spring things I'd heard was around here, so I am lost her internal monologue corrected.

Mist was about to settle onto her haunches for a long argument with herself when she spotted a local. Mist wasn't sure what the creature was exactly but that was the point of her coming to Mane-Ji, "hi there, do you know where I can...hey you shouldn't do that, those ants never did anything to you!" Mist scolded with a disapproving shake of her head.

It was then that Mist took the creature in completely. It was not dissimilar to a fox but it was dressed in a beautiful, um robe, "wow, you're so beautiful...err I mean, hello I'm Mist Haze" she said with a blush at her outburst. Mist awkwardly kicked the ground as she tried to think of something to say, "so um, I've been told there is something called a hot spring around here...you wouldn't happen to know where it is would you?" Mist asked a streak of crimson still colouring her cheeks as she glanced around nervously, the thought slowly occurring to her that the creature might not understand a word she had just said.
Mist Haze [Pegasus] [Mare]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
"Ah, I know." Shouka immediately dispelled the fire "It's just they remind me of how weak I am at times... And I want to see them try to be stronger." She stood up and looked to Mist Haze, the mask making this fox nothing menacing, even a bit of cute, while keeping her face perfectly concealed. She noticed that Mist spoke she was beautiful, but didn't mind much. But then, talk about hotsprings. "! My clan runs the Honoh Hot Springs. By the way, I'm Honoh no Shouka, or Shouka of the Honoh clan if you prefer. Come, follow me. I'll sign you in there.". Shouka motioned Mist to follow her. The Honoh Hot Springs wasn't anywhere far after all, just a few steps away.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist Haze tilted her head in confusion at Honoh no Shouka's explanation of why she was burning ants, "I'm pretty sure bursting into flames isn't the best way to get stronger and I should know, I'm very weak and I've been set on fire...and electrocuted several times and sometimes that results in small mane and tail fires, but it's never made me any stronger" Mist explained with a light chuckle as she followed Shouka into the hot spring, silently noting the amazing luck she had had of finding it and Shouka right out side.

Mist Haze considered how she should address Shouka, "well I came to Mane-Ji to learn about the local culture so I guess I should at least attempt to say your names the way you would say them, Honoh no Shouka" she said, noting that she had technically gotten her name right but there was a slight pronunciation difference and it sounded slightly off with her accent, "hmmm doesn't quite sound right when I say it, would it be all right if I called you Shouka instead? Oh and you can call me Mist" she said with a smile. Mist had another question that she wanted to ask but she couldn't think of a tactful way of asking.

"Um, I'm very sorry, I'm very ignorant of your home and your people so I apologies if this offends you but, um may I ask what you are?" she asked tentatively. Mist lowered her head, she didn't want the first local she had a chance to talk to thinking she was some kind of brutish xenophobe or anything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
"It is fine. No one here is going to force our culture upon you, Mist. And, just so you know, I'm okay being called just Shouka." Shouka replied as she was signing her in and getting her a bathrobe, a kimono and the keys to her room. The question didn't fall on deaf ears, as Shouka led her to her room. "What we are, you say?" Shouka said, turning to her as she twirled the key on her index finger "They confused us with Diamond Dogs a lot at first sight, I'm amazingly surprised you didn't confuse us with our lowly cousins. We of this region are Inukami. Foxes, dogs, wolves and raccoon-dogs. There are lots of differences, you see."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist smiled, Shouka seemed like the easy going type which helped Mist's I'm-going-to-say-something-stupid anxiety immensely, "thank you Shouka, but I came here to learn about your culture so in a way I'd like it forced on me" Mist said with a smile. She glanced around the building as Shouka led her to her room, "I had assumed there was some relation to Diamond Dogs but I didn't want to be presumptuous. So, Inukami, that sounds very interesting...would it be a terrible bother if I asked you to elaborate a little. You say there are different types, not sure what a Racoon Dag is, but I assume from that gorgeous tale of yours that you're a fox...I mean I wasn't checking out your tail or anything it's just hard not to notice one so nice err I mean...sigh" Mist decided just to quit instead of keep digging herself in any deeper.

"So do all Inukami wear those masked or is that just a quirk of yours Shouka, it's very nice by the way?" Mist asked as she waited for the blush to fad from her cheeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
The room was very traditional in decoration, but had some technological advantages. "Well, I cannot teach you much about my culture. Also, culture is not learned: it is felt and witnessed. As for the different Inukami, they are Okami, Inugami, Kitsune and Tanuki. The easiest way to tell them appart is from the shape of their mask. So, the mask is a way to identify each other and their clan, and also relates to a legend where the Goddess Amaterasu could not walk around because her charm kept having mates on her feet, so she used a mask to hide her charming face and break this 'spell'.". She placed the kimono and bathrobe on the futon. "There isn't any clothing code, but is recomended you use the kimono at all times, as a form of identification of where you are staying at. And the bathrobe, of course, is to wear before and after hot spring baths. And I noticed your blushing. I make other girls blush all the time."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist listened intently, "Okami, Inugami, Kitsune and Tanuki...um I guess I'll pick it up as a go" Mist said with a smile, "so which are you, Shouka?" she asked. Mist looked around the room, it was very different from what she was use to back in Equestria but that was good, as Shouka had said you can't really learn culture you have to live it, "well I look forward to experiencing all that I can of your culture though a guide would be helpful...at least somepony to keep me from saying something stupid" Mist said with a slightly awkward chuckle.

She looked at the kimono, it was an odd thought for Mist to think that cloves would be anything other than an item for special occasions or as a status symbol or even on those rare occasions when ponies would wear them all the time as a quirk of personality. She nodded to Shouka, "I'll remember to wear it at all times...except when I'm bathing of course. I must say it feels strange, I've never worn cloves except for special occasions. Does everpony here wear cloves to indicate where they live?" she asked as she struggled into the kimono, "um could you show me how to put this on, Shouka?" she asked, slightly embarrassed.

Mist's cheeks turned bright crimson at Shouka's comment, she had hoped that the Inukami hadn't noticed her blushing, "I'm sure you do" Mist said with a nervous chuckle.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
Shouka, of course, helped Mist wear the kimono. "Well, clothes aren't a must, but is traditionally worn at all times. You don't get to see these much around places other than Mane-ji, Not even Rarity could make them the same way. Every milimeter of it is carefully sewn and cut, as to prevent it from rubbing against various areas of the body in uncomfortable ways... (stand up a bit, ok?)". After some time, it was done, with the sash tied on her back. "If it gets uncomfortable, let me know. I'll be your guide then, Mist. And don't feel nervous, it is alright, ok?" she patted her head gently.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist Haze shifted her body and moved her forelegs to see how the kimono felt when she moved, Shouka was right, it did feel comfortable, "thank you, Shouka. It's very kind of you to take time to help me out like this, I'm truly grateful" Mist said, smiling warmly at Shouka. Mist was also grateful that the first local she had met was both kind, patent and helpful, "so where would you recommend I go to sock up your wonderful culture, Shouka? I don't just want to tour the landmarks, I want to really get to the heart of this place" Mist asked as she stretched trotted back and forth in the room to get the full feel of the kimono.

Mist lifted her foreleg and examined the cloth draped over it, "so how do I look?" she asked, striking a pose as she asked.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
"I guess you were really lucky to bump into me." Shouka nodded "Not all Inukami are very respectful or kind at all, as we have a lot of pride on our own kind. As where we could go... The bamboo thickets are a good choice for those craving for adventure, and the shrines are great for those wishing to pay tribute to the Gods of our land. If you plan staying until the new year, then you will have the chance to enjoy the festival. Ah, there's also our traditional dishes. Most of those has meat in it, but the sweets are a worth a bite too.". She checked out Mist, as she asked about how she looked. Shouka's tail swished and she said "One word: Hot."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist Haze winced at the mention of Inukami being prideful and unfriendly, it reminded her far too much of certain pegasi back in Cloudsdale, "yes, I know how that can be..." she muttered with a slight frown. She glanced over at Shouka and smiles, happy she had met such a friendly Inukami.

Mist Haze listened to Shouka's suggestions, "the food sounds like a good place to start" she said with a grin as she rubbed her stomach comically. Mist wasn't really the adventurous type but recent events had convinced her that there was a lot of benefit to be had from it, her presence in Mane-Ji being one of them, "I'm not really an adventurer but...I think I'll leave that till last. So tell me about these gods of yours, are they friendly? I um, had a slight disagreement with the last foreign god I met...but I'm always eager to make new friends" she explained, the whole incident with Ra replaying in her head as she spoke.

Mist pressed her fore hooves to her burning cheeks and giggled nervously, "oh stop I am not" she said with a shy smile, her face completely flush from Shouka's compliment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
"Pride can be both good or bad. You can be proud of your children to let them know you appreciated what they have done, you can be proud of the uniqueness of your ability for it came to you in a time of great need for you and many... But you can also be proud of your very own appearance or kind, which is where it makes pride look like something bad. I'm quite proud as well, proud of myself for not wanting to be just an artistic professional, but also of my neverending desire to be strong." Shouka said "Well, shall we go then? As I promised, I will be your guide."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

azamonra

Mist Haze nodded, "true, pride can be a good thing but I've had the misfortune of experiencing the worst aspects of pride growing up...but lets not dwell on such things" she said with a wave of her hoof. Mist didn't want to think of the problems back home, she wanted to experience the new place she found herself in and learn more of the new friend she had made. Mist smiled at shouka, "please lead the way, I'm eager to see what you have to show me" Mist said as she trotted up to the inukami and indicated she was ready to go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsukiko
Member Avatar
"Alright, Mist." and thus, they began exploring the local village. Not very big, but had plenty of pawcrafted items for sale and a fascinating mix of scents that came from not only the many dishes available but also from the flowers and incenses. Then they came across a sweets' stand. "Well, Make your choice. my treat.", Shouka spoke to Mist. There was a variety of shapes, textures and colors. Most had a clearly sweet smell, others didn't have that same smell. And the seller was a raccoon-dog inukami, who looked over to her and spoke "Hello there, pegasus. How may I help you?"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Affiliates
Equestrian Legends
Tales of Equestria Wars of Equestria
Eternally Equestria

Chat

Incendio by Sarah & Delirium of ZNR