Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Dice
News
Quick Ref
Put your mouse in this box to stop the scrolling.

[s]Equestrian Legends the Original is back![/s] Rumours of my rebirth have been greatly exaggerated.

SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE, PAGES ARE UP FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES, POSTING IS ALLOWED BECAUSE I'M ALLOWED TO DREAM

CST
The current dates for IC play are 1 September 5151 - 30 November 5151

Autumn

This board is best viewed in Firefox, Safari and Chrome browsers.

Welcome to Equestrian Legends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Identity Crisis; December 1, 5150, Yew and JM
Topic Started: Sep 6 2012, 12:33 PM (1,334 Views)
AdamThePony
Member Avatar

The cold, bitter winter made its way to Ponyville once again, and with the eclipse having ended, leaving just a moon and a magically heated Terra, it was even colder than it had much right to be. Snow had piled up on every building, each and every flake glistening in the perpetual moonlight. A gentle, but equally-bitter wend blew through the barren trees, causing a howling through the air. But it was not the weather that made Chiyo seem in a bit of a bitter mood..

For the past several nights, Chiyo had had trouble sleeping. Even with some of the best sleeping medicines available, something kept wracking at her mind...her vision, or lack thereof, continued to taunt her. She knew not what Flight Risk, or Johnnagold, the world, or even herself looked like. All she saw was blackness and iridescent lines and strings....and this made her curious... she wasn't doubting the validity of Flight Risk and the Apples...but in the time she had lost her sight, she had also lost her idea of her self image...

Just what in the hay was she?

In the rare times she gained sleep, her mind was beset with images and clues, but none to help her question be answered...

Until this evening.

The dream began in utter blackness. Chiyo was standing in something moist. She could not ascertain what, but it was solid and moist. There was not a sound in the cave but Chiyo's hooves meeting moistened ground.

Tu non es teipsum...

The hermaphroditic mare started as she heard this echo through the area.

Es, aeternitas

"Who are you?!" Chiyo shouted into the distance. "And what nonsense do you speak?!"

Veritatem...veritatem...

"Show yourself, coward! If you wish a fight, I will grant it!"

As if this voice were listening to her, the room flared with blue light. A pale blue light that seemed to convey a sense of dread and sorrow. A sorrow that dug into Chiyo like a beast and froze her.

Memento...

"What is this place?! Where am I?!" Chiyo choked, tears beginning to run as smaller blues and azures began to circle around her. Chiyo lost her balance as she fell to the dizzying colors. Several pairs of blue eyes began to stare down at her as her prone form began to be spread apart.

Domum...

"I don't understand your rhetoric!" She cried as several things began to latch onto her. They were not feeding upon her flesh or trying to kill her, but their piercing gazes struck Chiyo in the one weak point she could never defend.

Her heart. It beat faster than a drum as her eyes met two pools of infinite cyan. Lights began to flood the room. She was enveloped by shadows. They all held her tight in their collective embrace, so that their leader could finish what they began...

Aperi cor tuum, et ascendit in veritáte ..

The cries of despair that flooded the room in which Chiyo slept could be heard for almost a mile.
Edited by AdamThePony, Sep 6 2012, 12:34 PM.
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

He heard a scream. Flight Risk's ears jolted up. He didn't know whose it was, but like the comic he was reading, all heroes had to be ready to leap into action in a moment's notice. He put on the King Arthur cape that he had been given for the play and put on the cleats- horse shoes with spikes on them. His role-player had gotten the idea from soccer cleats, and applied them to horses.

A little worldbuildery here- they were something quite often used in battle. Though… Since they were for a play they were plastic and dull, though shiny to look like metal. With that little bit of preparation he took off, his mother shortly after him.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Flight Risk//Earth Pony//Colt
Mystique//Earth Pony//Female
Princess Jasmine//Dragon//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

As Chiyo worriedly squirmed off of the bed, her eyes caught a mirror, and immediately, her worry jumped several notches. First of all, she could see, and second, what she was seeing was not pleasant. From her eyes dripped an oozing black mass. Unknown scars had begun to allow an ink-like substance to cascade down onto her, enveloping her in darkness.

"What...what is this?" She began to choke, finding it hard to breathe.

A miasma that had been building up inside of the kirin had forced its way out, and it was taking her in its grip. She could feel every single iota of her conscience slowly fading away...every last second of her life slowly began to tick away as her eyes remained fixed upon the image in the mirror.

It was herself, and she was bleeding a darkness she never knew she had. Her eyes slowly began to shut as she took a desperate gasp of air in the vain hope she could fight this slip into unconsciousness.

But it was too late. The darkness was all around her now. It was enveloping every inch of her being, twisting and morphing it into a perversion of itself, and its victim lay unconscious and taking not a single breath.
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

It had come from Chiyo's room, Flight Risk realized suddenly. The scream. Flight Risk bucked open the door to see a bunch of shadows. Strange. Weird. What was going on? Where had his friend gone? "Halt, or you're gonna get in trouble!" Flight Risk yelled at the shadows, not knowing what they were… What if they were a who they were? No! "Or not… If you're friendly we're friendly." He added hastily, not wanting to make the person(?) sad and depressed.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

The shadows did nothing at the arrival of Flight Risk as they continued to envelop Chiyo, raising her in a sitting position as they arced over her form in a manner befitting a spider. the shadows were beginning to become translucent, their color dying to a bright cyan as the shadow that once was the kirin was swallowed in it. Inside the newly-formed chrysalis was almost a sculpture of Chiyo's former self, but it was distorting in size, shape, and color before Flight Risk. There was no words, but the limp form within almost seemed to quiver as if it were cold.
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

Jewels wished she had brought her cloud along with her. This thing was weird, and she was just itching for a way to prove to her son that she wasn't weak like she had been before. She was stronger, she would never fall as she did. But she didn't know how to show that.

Flight Risk stared. "What's going on?" He asked his mother, baffled. He'd never seen anything like this before. It was strange... What was going on? If he had fingers he'd be pinching himself to see if he was dreaming. This felt like a dream. Not nightmare. Too surreal. Maybe nightmare... This was so strange.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

The quivering within the chrysalis continued as a faint sound of breathing began within. Upon further observation, the black mass that had spilled out from Chiyo's wounds was in fact a chitinous substance that coated her entire being. As part of her metamorphosis, a pair of bright azure eyes began to glow from within this cocoon, a mass of energy.

In her mind, Chiyo had begun to recall things she had never remembered...in reality, she was hidden from herself for the longest time...an unwitting pawn for the greater cause. A proof of concept that a Changeling could be truly independent...
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

Flight Risk flailed around, his mother easing in front of him in case the thing became dangerous. If it did she'd defend her foal with her life. Momma Bear was ready to rumble. "What're you doing here?" She asked, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. She didn't want her son to know that she was afraid. She had been dying for a way to show her son that she was strong, that he didn't have to worry. Maybe today would be that chance. She could only hope that this was the time. But fear it too. She didn't have her clouds with her.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

Eventually, the quivering inside the chrysalis climaxed as the now-changeling Chiyo cleaved her cocoon in twine, her newly functioning eyes looking about, still silent. She retained her friendliness, but she was now unsure where she was. Even with the boon of sight, her sense of location was still very well broken. Now there stood a pegasus mare, an earth colt, and a changeling in a fairly grief-stricken and curious emotion.

Then, it locked eyes with Flight Risk. It's eyes widened as it moved towards the colt and prepared to lead him into her embrace, the low of her transformation starting to take its toll on her mind.

The one thing of Chiyo that seemed to remain as-is was her cutie mark; the blue Will-o-Wisp remained on her flank, even now, as it was now just as eternal as she was.
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

Flight Risk knew next to nothing about changelings. All his life he had been feed with propaganda against them, so he had no idea that cutiemarks were rare amongst changelings. It was weird to see… Could this be Chiyo? It was her cutiemark.

"Back away." Jewels said, flaring her wings up to make herself look bigger and more threatening. It was all just too weird. Chiyo gone, this thing in its place. And now it coming towards them like some demented zombie movie. It was really creepy.

"Be nice Ma, its got feelings too." Flight Risk said to her. It was scary, but sometimes emotions got jumbled and strange. Sadness came out as anger. Fear came out as anger. And scariness... Maybe they hadn't meant to be scary.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

Chiyo started back, spooked by the gesture that Jewels posed against her. Her senses were fried, and only slowly recovering. She started breathing normally now, and looked about the room...

"Where am I..." She asked, her eyes still wide as she cocked her head, "And who all are you ponies?"

She was confused. Confused and scared. She was in a place that, with sight, confounded her, and being surrounded by ponies she did not recognize only served to frighten her more.

"What has become of me...?" She cooed, looking to her broken reflection before recoiling in horror. "Where is Flight Risk?!"

Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

"I'm here." Flight Risk said, poking out form behind his mother. If this was Chiyo he was a touch nervous. That she didn't know he was there, for one, was odd. She always seemed to know who was who. And she couldn't even figure that this was his mother in front of him. "You're in the Apple Family's house. Is… Is that you Chiyo?"

Jewels couldn't believe it. this couldn't be Chiyo. Chiyo had… Perhaps changelings had the power to take on the power of what they morphed into? Jewels didn't know. She was going off the same propaganda that Flight Risk had been fed.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

"If that is you, then yes," Chiyo said with a weak smile as she approached Flight Risk shyly. "I'm sorry...I just can't believe I'm seeing what I am...this room is a mess...as am I...but you...you look so much more amazing than I ever could have imagined..for the longest time, I wracked my brain trying to figure out what you looked like...what I looked like..what this whole world truly looked like...and..."

She hung her head for a moment, a bit melancholy. "I can only suppose that my search brought me someplace I didn't expect...and while it saddens me to know what I really am...I feel better knowing the truth now...rather than continue on a lie."
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

yew
Member Avatar

Well that made Flight Risk less weirded out, that she wondered that of the world as well and not just him. It was weird to have attention so very very honed and focused on him to such a degree. He didn't want to say creeped out, but it was a little creepy to be the focus of such obsession and want. He was just Flight Risk. It wasn't that big of a deal. "You're a… Changeling? I didn't think those had fire breath though." And how? It was so strange.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdamThePony
Member Avatar

"I'm just as amazed and shocked as you are, Flight Risk. Believe me," Chiyo chuckled. "In the time I spent in that chrysalis, I started getting memories back...and they were just as shocking. Evidently, I was some form of experiment to see if a Changeling could be adapted to lead a mostly normal life. Apparently, the Sorrow Tribe was having major disputes, and because my bloodline was apparently quite rare, they wanted to make sure that if no one else endured, I would. So, they put some form of binding spell on me and sealed away most of the memories I had at the time of my conception...apparently, the only way the seal could be broken was extensive trauma..."

She looked at herself in the mirror once more.

"As for breathing fire? I suppose magic can do a whole host of things...even endow powers to creature..."
Chiyo||Changeling||Herm
Kenta|Diamond Dog|Male
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Affiliates
Equestrian Legends
Tales of Equestria Wars of Equestria
Eternally Equestria

Chat

Incendio by Sarah & Delirium of ZNR