Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Dice
News
Quick Ref
Put your mouse in this box to stop the scrolling.

[s]Equestrian Legends the Original is back![/s] Rumours of my rebirth have been greatly exaggerated.

SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE, PAGES ARE UP FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES, POSTING IS ALLOWED BECAUSE I'M ALLOWED TO DREAM

CST
The current dates for IC play are 1 September 5151 - 30 November 5151

Autumn

This board is best viewed in Firefox, Safari and Chrome browsers.

Welcome to Equestrian Legends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The first day
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 11:51 PM (487 Views)
Basil
Member Avatar

Oh, she hoped this would go well. Despite all the planning she had put into this, Sweetie Belle was still out of her element. She hadn't dealt with foals very often and wasn't exactly sure how to treat them. She had a few assistants to help out but she wasn't sure that would be enough. She glanced around at the tables set up around the small gymnasium for the foals to sit at. Under the chairs were packages where the uniforms were. She hoped they were ok, her sister had made the capes on special order and looking at them had filled Sweetie Belle with a sense of nostalgia.

She checked the name tags set up at all the tables. Sweetie Belle hadn't tried to make a pattern with the names but she hoped there wouldn't be too many problems among the foals. After a few more minutes, the first filly arrived. One of the assistants was signing them in at the front and Sweetie Belle started welcoming the little foals and giving them instructions. "Right this way, find your name, take a seat. Feel free to open the package under your seat, a gift from me to you. You'll find coloring books under your name tag and crayons in the cups. Don't forget to share and be sure to have fun. The Cutie Mark Crusader Camp will begin shortly."
Max Deadfall
Beret Swirl

I write things %mh%475%mh%
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queshire
Member Avatar

"First!"

Crows out a little maroon colored earth pony filly with striking golden eyes as she promenades into the gym, "And you ponies better get used to it, 'cause first is the only place for this filly,"

She glances at the crayons and coloring books, but dismisses them immediately. Coloring was soooo eight years old after all, plus, there was loot to unwrap! An unknown possibility was always more exciting than a known certainty after all!

After eyeing the package she finds under her chair for a moment, she viciously tears into it, using hooves and teeth to send the packaging everywhere until the cape lays revealed, "Hmm.... not quite worthy of the great me, but I suppose I'll accept."

"So when are we getting started on the good stuff already? Time's a-wasting!" She booms out while doodling with a crayon with her hooves, her opposition to coloring completely forgotten in her boredom.
Character slots 8/4

1. Rook || Mountain Goat || Billy
2. Siggy || Unicorn || Male
3. Typhoon Mary || Pegasi || Mare
4. Captain Noblesse Oblige, Duke of Sleipnirheim || Earth Pony || Stallion
5. Vii || Flutterpony || Androgynous
6. Seraphina "Sera" English GENTLEMAN ADVENTUER!!! (in training) || Earth Kirin || Female (CURRENTLY UNDERGOING RETCON)
7. Echidna || Unicorn || Female
8. Lantern Jack || Changeling

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
Saffron Shimmer's older sister nudged him forward as he entered the room to find his place. Glancing around confirmed his worst fears, this was totally for fillies. Colts should be at hoofball camp, or rock climbing not... embroidery or flower picking or playing with dollies or whatever it was fillies did. Something stupid no doubt. He tried to make himself as unnoticeable as possible as he searched for his place, hoping none of the ponies here went to the same school as him.

The table with the rather boisterous filly was the last one he checked, and predictably it was the one that held his name. A quick glance to the side revealed that the filly next to him was... "Gold Eyes". He didn't bother to check the accuracy of the name before seeing who would be the other side of him. "Clover". Great, another filly. He sighed and rested his chin on the table, desperate for all this to be over.
Moon Chaser || Pegasus || Mare
Posted ImagePearl Jam || Seapony || Female %mh%2430%mh%

Aeralylic
Member Avatar
Arcane Theorist
A small white filly peeked round the corner of the door that led into the gym, pushing her messy green mane out the way with a hoof; she studied the room with huge, curious eyes of an even brighter green. Once she was sure that it was indeed the right room, she waved a hoof to signal a pink mare, her mother, to follow the green-maned foal in. Clover bounced excitedly as she was signed in – the assistant and the mare laughed.

The filly, in search of her table, headed straight for the one occupied by a very depressed looking colt and another filly that was screaming to herself – sure enough, the seat she first checked was hers.

Well, that was easy, she thought happily to herself as she sat down at the table. The green-maned pony looked around in disapproval; colouring books were definitely not what she wanted. “Ugh! When’re we doing the explosives and, like, rugby ‘n all that? This is boring,” she said in complaint, glancing over to the colt and doodling filly. Ah, there was the entertainment.

“Having fun there, van Gogh?” Clover asked with a giggle, smiling non-mockingly at the foal as she made use of the colouring book.
Edited by Aeralylic, Oct 31 2012, 05:40 PM.
Characters:
Nightfall Crystal || Unicorn || Stallion
Summer Joy || Earth Pony || Mare

yew
Member Avatar

A colt padded into the room, he went by the name of meddler and had a tame coloring. His mane was like piano keys, and eyes a russet color, slightly darker than that of his coat. He was a blank flank, like all the other ones there. And looking forward to his first day. Oooh… Celestia. It was a mess in here. "Who made such a mess? This is terrible!" Yowled Meddler in indignation and despair.
Jewels//Pegasus//Mare
Flight Risk//Earth Pony//Colt
Mystique//Earth Pony//Female
Princess Jasmine//Dragon//Mare
Lovecraft//Alikirin//Doe

Queshire
Member Avatar

"Mrr... why do you look like that?" Gold pouts while comparing Clover to her drawing. She had been drawing what she thought the next person to come to their table would look like, and while the drawing was recognizable as a pony, it looked absolutely nothing like Clover.

Her pouting was interrupted with the arrival of the new colt and his yelling about the mess. Confusedly she looks around and then calls out, "What mess?" while completely oblivious to the scraps of packaging surrounding her or the various run offs from her earlier coloring attempt.

(I rolled Intuition to have Gold draw what Clover looks like before she arrives, got a 72 which was a failure. Intuition gets bumped up to 31.)
Character slots 8/4

6. Seraphina "Sera" English GENTLEMAN ADVENTUER!!! (in training) || Earth Kirin || Female (CURRENTLY UNDERGOING RETCON)

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
"You like Rugby?" Saffron Shimmer asked hopefully "Do you follow it as well? Who's you're favorite team? What about other sports?" he gave her an earnest look. Sure, she was a filly, but if she liked sports, real sports, she couldn't be that bad. Even if explosions did sound dangerous. And loud. And frightening.

She gave a quick glance to the newly arrived colt, but his complaining about the mess merely reminded him of his big sister. He was content to let the two of them talk amongst themselves, but remembered what the mare had said about sharing crayons. "Here" he said, sliding Gold Eyes a crayon the color of Clover's mane.

Aeralylic
Member Avatar
Arcane Theorist
The green-maned filly raised an eyebrow at Gold, completely confused by her enquiry. “Because… I do?” While she thought the drawing foal was pretty weird for asking her such a thing, she didn’t make a point of it, instead turning her giant green eyes towards the rampant colt that had just entered and started to complain. The filly secretly hoped he wouldn’t be on her table.

Clover looked back at Saffron with a renewed look of surprise on her face. Perhaps this wouldn’t be so boring after all. As she opened her mouth to reply, part of her green mane fell to cover one of her eyes. “Do I?! Of course I do! And ‘The Everfree’, ‘course. Who else?” she said with glee, a wide grin appearing on her face. “An’, erm… I don’t know; hoofball, hockey. Stuff like that, y’know?”

The filly calmed down a little after finishing, looking over the unicorn colt she had just rambled at with a slightly more serious expression. He did look a bit boring, like most unicorns, but if he liked rugby, maybe he was alright. “What about you?”
Characters:

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
Saffron nodded excitedly "Lots of ponies at school support Appleloosa, but if we can keep up the strong offense I really think the Everfee can win it this year" At least that's what he heard. Like most colts his age he believed his team to be unstoppable regardless of the objective reality of the situation. "My big bro, Cinnamon Sheen, is the new forward for the Canterlot Chargers hoofball team!" he smiled proudly, "When I get my cutie mark, I'm gonna be just like him!"

Aeralylic
Member Avatar
Arcane Theorist
“Of course they’re gonna win! Appleloosa has nothing on them!” the green-maned filly added, nodding enthusiastically. I mean, they were the team that she supported, so of course they were going to win. It may or may not have been true, however, that they had lost a fair majority of their games – she was still sure they would win. However, the next comment the colt made left her stunned. “Really?! That’s awesome!” she said in awe. She’d never known a unicorn that was so interesting.

He was going to be a hoofballer, eh? “Oh, okay…” she started, putting a hoof down on the table and leaning closer. “But you’ll never be better than me!” Clover grinned manically, pulling back and flicking her mane back out of her green eyes.
Edited by Aeralylic, Nov 2 2012, 08:17 PM.
Characters:

Basil
Member Avatar

A loud bell rang, cutting through the sound. At the front of the gymnasium Sweetie Bell used levitation to ring a small silver bell. "Hello colts and fillies. I see that everyone is here so let us begin. My name is Sweetie Belle. I'm a singer and you may have heard me on the radio. This is Cream Puff." She gestured to the mare on her left.

The earth pony who had been working the sign in table smiled at the children. She is slightly off white with a golden mane. Her cutie mark is a pastry with chocolate filling. "Hello. I'm a baker and I can't wait to spend some time getting to know every single one of you. I'm sure you'll have a good time."

"And this," Sweetie Belle gestured to the pegasus on her right, "is Pirouette."

"Allo li'le children. I am dancer for many big plays and musicals. I am sure ve shall learn fun." She has a French accent and her coat is light pink. Her mane is also gold.

"The three of us will be your chaperone on your very special cutie mark adventure." Sweetie Belle said. "Now, I want all of you to look at the ponies to your left, right, and across. These ponies will be your fellow group members and crusaders and I hope you'll all get along and even become friends. This club may be about finding your place in life, but the best place is right next to your best friends." Sweetie Belle smiled at the colts and fillies in the class. "So if you haven't yet, introduce yourself, say your names and maybe a few things that you like. We'll be coloring for about ten more minutes and then we can show off what you've created. After that, we'll do some more fun activities." She turned and the three mares moved off to the side where they began checking over a few lists and clipboards.

Now, as you continue playing, I want all of you to roll for coloring. Roll a d100 or use the number generator at the top, then post it for your picture. This will be based on your soul stat. Since none of you have ranks in coloring, the stat will be based on soul+10. I will inform you on your success since it could be a higher roll as a success or a lower one. If I feel like complicating it for myself it may even be a middle range you are aiming for. Have at it.
Max Deadfall
Beret Swirl

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
Great Saffron thought. They're gonna teach us ballet. He turned back to Clover.

"That a challenge?" He knew he wasn't the best Hoofballer, and if his sister had taught him anything it was that fillies could be just as good at sport, if not better, than colts. But still, he had his pride to consider. "Why don't we play a little two-on-two hoofball after this? Colts versus Fillies? Losers have to..." he thought for a while "Losers have to go to the old hut in the Everfree and back!"

He turned his placard so the others could clearly see his name. "My names Saffron Shimmer." he said to the table at large, before turning to yowler "I don't think I caught your name."

While he waited for their replies he tried picking up the crayon with his unicorn magic. His sister had said he needed to practice. Control, precision, patience... Saffron had none of these and after a few moments snatched the crayon in his mouth. After all, he was never gonna win if he handicapped himself.

That and crayons taste nice.

Rolls

Aeralylic
Member Avatar
Arcane Theorist
“Pfft – sure! I know just the filly! Hope you have fun in the forest,” she said with a massive grin, happy to have found some competition here, before sighing and turning to the colouring equipment. It couldn’t be that bad, right? Before she moved on, the green-maned filly happily turned the card with her own name written on it to show the rest of the table. “And if anypony didn’t know, I’m Clover!” she said with a nod of enthusiasm, looking rather adorable with her green eyes.

Clover then snatched up a dark blue crayon with her mouth, staring intently at the lines on the paper that lay in front of her. The filly really had no idea what the picture was of – let alone what colour it should be. A quick study with her green eyes of the rest of the table revealed that they all had different pictures to her. That wasn’t useful at all. She would have to do this herself. Lowering the crayon carefully to the page, she began to cautiously fill inside of the lines – well, which parts she thought needed colouring anyway.

Scribble scribble…

Edited by Aeralylic, Nov 4 2012, 03:20 PM.
Characters:

Queshire
Member Avatar

((rolled a 54, Soul is base 40))

Blech, "sports." The only point to watching others do stuff is to steal their techniques. Gold eyes tunes out their conversation and focuses on her drawing. She wasn't that artistic. She was always a bit hasty to give it the proper care and attention it deserved, but she always made a point to throw her all into everything she did, and that included something as simple as coloring.
Character slots 8/4

Basil
Member Avatar

For this skill roll, the target was low, that means that Saffron and Clover succeeded and drew a fairly nice picture. Gold's picture was not as nice, Que takes +1 to coloring.

"Alright colts and fillies," Sweetie Belle said, let's show off our work." She walked up to the wall and placed a hoof against it. "Now I want you all to carefully clean up any mess you might have made. Then you can take some tape and stick it on the wall right here for everyone to see. I'm sure your parents will love to see them. After everypony's done and the tables are cleaned up, we're going to play a game or two. But the tables have to be all clean or else things are going to get in the way. So choose one pony at the table to take the crayons and put them on my desk as well."
Edited by Basil, Nov 18 2012, 03:02 AM.
Max Deadfall
Beret Swirl

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cutie Mark Crusaders · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Affiliates
Equestrian Legends
Tales of Equestria Wars of Equestria
Eternally Equestria

Chat

Incendio by Sarah & Delirium of ZNR