Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Dice
News
Quick Ref
Put your mouse in this box to stop the scrolling.

[s]Equestrian Legends the Original is back![/s] Rumours of my rebirth have been greatly exaggerated.

SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE, PAGES ARE UP FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES, POSTING IS ALLOWED BECAUSE I'M ALLOWED TO DREAM

CST
The current dates for IC play are 1 September 5151 - 30 November 5151

Autumn

This board is best viewed in Firefox, Safari and Chrome browsers.

Welcome to Equestrian Legends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
On Cloud Seven (open); Cloud Nine was Full
Topic Started: Apr 28 2012, 06:47 PM (671 Views)
SaintAbsol
Member Avatar

Steel Wing looked down from the edge of the pillowy, puffy cloud that he stood upon. It was slightly surreal that even a veritable giant like him (even Princess Luna had to look up the few times they had met) could stand on something that most other ponies couldn't so much as touch without special magic from a decently powerful unicorn. Thankfully, like so many other pegasi, it was basically impossible for him to experience vertigo unless something was majorly wrong with him or what he was doing at the time; so he could look at the faraway landscape below him without really feeling the sort of fear that you'd expect from somepony up so high everything looks like a model.

With a sigh, the armor clad pegasus adjusted his bow and quiver before flapping along. While Cloudsdale was technically his ancestral home, he had only ever been there on official Royal Guard business; and only for a short time as well. His father had never really cared all that much for his home thanks to his long time fillyfriend and eventual wife being an Earth Pony and not being able to visit with him. And, once he'd joined up with the guard, Iron Wing (Steel's father) had permanently moved to Canterlot and his son had grown up there. Cloudsdale was just another city as far as the monochrome pegasus was concerned, to be visited when needed.

In this case, it was to deal with a wild storm that had formed in Everfree and was headed toward Canterlot with an estimated time of arrival of about two days. While this, in and of itself, was nothing major; wild storms were inevitable with Everfree and were pretty much expected to happen. What was major was the fact that this storm had been growing in strength and was expected to be a rather powerful tornado by the time it got to the city. Steel was sent to inform the weather factory and see about getting some ponies together to deal with the storm before it got too strong or close to deal with safely.
Galaxy||Unicorn||Mare
Steel Wing||Pegasus||Stallion
Skye Wishes||Earth Pony||Mare
Boipell||Giraffe||Male
Harmony||Alicorn||Colt
Titubi||Flutterpony||Female
Conundrum||Earth Pony||Stallion
Offline Profile Goto Top

Icefox

"Attention passengers. This is Pegasus air, arriving at Cloudsdale. All non-pegasi will be checked for the proper cloud-walking abilities, as we at Pegasus Air do not wish to be subject to any wrongful death lawsuits. Have a nice day!"

As the voice came through the cabin of the carriage, I had to wonder why the Guard had put me on a civilian flight up here. Of course, I was the only non-pegasus on the trip and as such the only one that needed alternative transport, but this was probably still more expensive than letting me borrow a chariot and a few off-duty royals. Either way, I stepped off onto the cloud, hoping the spell held. It did, and I took off toward the guard station, where I was meeting one Steel Wing. I trotted up to the big guy, moving into the straight lope generally associated with on-duty guards.

"Hello again, Second Lieutenant."
Icefox || Pegasus || Male
Snowbird || Pegasus || Female
Blackflame || Unicorn || Male
Anduriel || Dragon || Male
Stone Henge || Changeling || Male
Kalidus || Phoenix || Unsure
-Empty-
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaintAbsol
Member Avatar

Steel Wing smiled as he raised his hoof in salute like he always did around his old mentor. It still amused him that, even though Blackflame was by no means small, the unicorn still had to look up at him after all this time. "Hello again as well, Captain."

He dropped the salute and turned to the matter at hoof, still walking a bit awkwardly on the puffy surface of the cloud city. "From what I remember, I think the weather factory is this way," he nodded to his left, "so we might as well get going now that we're both here." It took all of five steps for him to decide that he wasn't going to be walking much while here.

With a few flaps of his wings (thankfully proportional to his stature, unlike some of the larger pegasi) the monochrome pony was now hovering a short distance about the 'ground' of Cloudsdale. "Coming, Sir? Or is there something else that you need to do while I handle this?"
Galaxy||Unicorn||Mare
Boipell||Giraffe||Male
Harmony||Alicorn||Colt
Offline Profile Goto Top

Icefox

I shook my head, walking off toward the city proper. "Sorry Steel, this is your show. I'm here to check up on a group of anarchists that've been making some waves in the area. I'll see if I can catch you when I'm done, and you can give me a lift home. Until then, good hunting." I jumped from cloud to cloud, still not completely used to the idea of walking on water vapor. However, it seemed stable enough, and I hoofed my way into the city, looking for some heads to crack.

==Meanwhile==

Three cloaked and hooded ponies trotted quickly through an alley branching off of the main street in Canterlot, before entering a nondescript building and the basement beneath. Inside, there was a large conference table, with four more seated around it.

"Torch, you're late. You were supposed to meet us here twenty minutes ago."
"My apologies, sir. We seem to have a problem; I saw two guards arrive a few minutes ago, one in full armor and the other in street clothes. If we ever get to meet him, it might not be a bad idea to suggest he try hiding his weapons.
"You don't make small talk with the enemy, Torch. Especially not with something like this. Now, come on. We need to strengthen that storm; if it's too weak, we won't have a chance at taking Canterlot."
"Understood, sir." The remaining ponies stood up from the table, following the first group out the door and onto the street.
-Empty-
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaintAbsol
Member Avatar

The pegasus nodded to Blackflame as he flapped along toward the weather factory. It was still odd for him to be so high up, but he was managing; either way, it was starting to become clear to him exactly why his father had left this place and never once looked back. It just wasn't the sort of place that felt... well, welcoming to other ponies.

Pegasi here and there, with very few unicorns and he had yet to see a single earth pony at all. It wasn't hard to imagine that somepony like his mother would not have been very welcome in this place. Either way, with the weather factory coming up, he put his thoughts out of his mind; he needed to talk to somepony who could get him some pegasi to corral a storm before it got too close to the city ot too big.
Galaxy||Unicorn||Mare
Boipell||Giraffe||Male
Harmony||Alicorn||Colt
Offline Profile Goto Top

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
Moon was getting exasperated with the receptionist "Look, I'm telling you there's a big storm coming off the everfree and your gonna need all the help you can get to corral it." This was really such a bother. Maybe she should've tried the guard.

"We've haven't heard anything to suggest this Storm is anything to worry about. Look maybe if you told me why you thought we should be concerened..."

"Because you don't need to be a weatherpony to know which way the wind blows. I'm a sky-captain" Moon may have made up some terminology at some point "I know the sky and I know storms and anythiny, anything off the Everfree you need to watch."

"Still, we haven't heard anything..."

"GAH" Moon Chaser screamed in frustration "That's because you're not listening."
Moon Chaser || Pegasus || Mare
Posted ImagePearl Jam || Seapony || Female %mh%2430%mh%
Offline Profile Goto Top

Icefox

I watched the group leave the alley, raising an eyebrow at the identical black cloaks. Without a second thought, I grabbed the last one in the group, pulling him back down the alley.

"Okay, you guys really need to work on the uniforms. Specifically, either get rid of them or leave in smaller groups. Now, who are you guys?"

"We're the...Uh...we're the local DnD club! Yeah, dungeons and dragons! That's what we are!"

"..."

"I'm arrested, aren't I?"

"Yup. You're going to tell us everything. C'mon." I grabbed the colt by the hood, dragging him back to the guard station.
-Empty-
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaintAbsol
Member Avatar

"Indeed, it seems you aren't."

Steel just entered to a bit of a stunned silence; after all, it wasn't every day that a pony of his size (in armor and with a weapon in full view no less) just walked into the weather factory. His smile was gone, replaced by the look you'd expect somepony in the royal guard to have: That authoritative scowl that either made you the most hated pony around, or the most respected.

Right now, he didn't care which it was, he was here because there was a threat to his home and the ponies in it. And, from the sound of things, Cloudsdale wasn't nearly as on top of things as they should have been about something like this.

"There is a storm over Everfree. It is out of control. And, at the moment, it is barreling toward Canterlot with, at most, two days before it gets there. It's already passed the point where it's a danger to the city and seems to be just getting stronger; we're expecting it to reach full on tornado by this time tomorrow and Celestia knows how powerful it'll by the time it gets the the city."

He drew himself up to use his impressive size to his advantage. "So, either get me the pony in charge of this place or find me somepony who can; I really don't have time to squabble over jurisdictions right now."
Galaxy||Unicorn||Mare
Boipell||Giraffe||Male
Harmony||Alicorn||Colt
Offline Profile Goto Top

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
"Er... yes. Right away sir." She said, leaving the front desk and heading deeper into the facility.

Moon Chaser appraised the new comer "You're a big one ain't cha? I thought the name of the game was you all looked the same but I could easily spot you in a line up." She cocked her head "You guys are a bit slow to the party, I managed to here about it and get here before you managed to even let the factoey know, but I guess you're here now, eh?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Icefox

I tossed the kid into an interrogation room at the local guard headquarters, telling the guys around him that he was under suspicion of terrorism. It was technically true, but I figured the kid didn't know much. This was just to rattle his cronies. If they knew the guard was after them, they'd probably start getting sloppy, and that had led to the majority of ring busts like the one I was trying to pull off. I left the colt alone with his captors, heading back toward the alley he'd come out of and into the back of what looked like a warehouse.

"Feh, pretty bland for a criminal headquarters...Well, you get what you can, I guess. If-" I was cut off by the sound of hoofsteps behind me, and turned to see two more hooded pegasi blocking the door.

"You know too much, it seems. Sorry, but I'm afraid you can't leave here alive." He drew a crossbow, pointed it at me, and pulled the trigger.
-Empty-
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaintAbsol
Member Avatar

"That's a common misconception." Steel dropped the intimidation act now that he was talking to somepony else. "You're thinking of the Royals; the ones that personally serve the princesses; they're all the same color, and at least similar in all other aspects. That's actually part of the uniform; their armor is enchanted to do that so as to look better as a vanguard. Outside of those, though, the other guards are actually pretty diverse.

"As for the storm; we've known about it for a while now, but we tried to handle it ourselves before we would come down her and reprimand the factory for not giving us a warning. However, we can't seem to make much of a dent in the thing, so it's going to take more than basic cloud dispersing knowledge to get rid of the darned thing. Hence why I'm here now; I'm getting their best to get rid of the thing, even have a royal mandate to get them, so it's going to happen one way or another." He reached into his bow sheath with a wing and pulled out a scroll bearing Celestia's seal on it.

"I'll be darned before I let some rain cloud destroy my home."
Galaxy||Unicorn||Mare
Boipell||Giraffe||Male
Harmony||Alicorn||Colt
Offline Profile Goto Top

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
Moon shrugged "I'm from up Marecia way, so I mostly just know the Marecian regiments. My brother's doing that officer training thing, trying to sneak into Princess Luna's night watch. No offense meant if you got your comission off one of them academies, but if you don't work your way up from the bottom, what's the point?" She looked at him intently "I assume you're an officer if you've got a royal mandate. I don't suppose it's one of those cool ones that uses phrases like 'any means nescesary'"?

She rubbed her chin "But if you've got your best to look at it, I don't know what I can do. I was gonna offer my airship and maybe suggest we use a lightning rod to try and draw the storm into a bunch of old Wetherlite generators. It's dangeours using one of the everfree storms when they want to be powered off a proper storm cloud, but if you want to try and bleed it off fast..." She shrugged.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaintAbsol
Member Avatar

"I'm a soldier's son of a soldier's son; I tend to pick up on a few things about the military that aren't exactly common knowledge. If your brother wants to join the Night Guard, then good for him. However, those mandates that you're talking about are rarely ever issued unless you're reading an adventure novel that's painting the military as the Bud Guy. Really, this just authorizes me to use the weather factory's workers to assist in stopping it; and, even then, the exact scope of what we end up doing is up to the ranking officer for the mission. Second Lieutenant is actually pretty low ranking in the system, so it's really the captain who has final say in anything.

"That said..." He hesitated for the moment, not wanting to put a civilian in undue danger but still knowing that this whole thing was going to end up being a hassle no matter what. "Well, every little bit helps; so, if the captain agrees to it, you might be helping us out after all."
Galaxy||Unicorn||Mare
Boipell||Giraffe||Male
Harmony||Alicorn||Colt
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chaosj2

As the hooded pegasi aimed the crossbow, the other kicked him onto the ground, causing the arrow to completely miss. It landed at Blackflame’s hoofs, surely it would have been quite lethal. As one of them lay on the ground, the other removed his hood, revealing a scared face with his blue mane covering his eyes.

”I don’t want to hurt you. You can leave now and never speak of this and thus avoid all bloodshed, what say you?”

As the two pegasi spoke about…..well the weather, a brown pegasus flew into the room with a smile on his face. His black mane flowed freely by his shoulder. He was wearing large black framed glasses which seemed quite thick. On his flank he had a cutie mark which looked like a cloud, obviously he was talented with cloud crafting, at least one would assume. He hovered in front of them for a bit before he spoke with a very happy tone, oblivious to the dangers of the storm they spoke of.

“So, you two wished to speak to me about a storm? If so, please come with me somewhere more….private. I do not wish for panic to spread amongst everypony whom hears news of this. Please come with me sir….and you too madam if you so please.”

He simply continued to float above the ground as he flew towards a room at the end of a visible hallway.

Offline Profile Goto Top

SillyFilly
Member Avatar
Freelance Cartographer
"Shame" She sighed "living an adventure novel is so much better than reading one."

She listened carefully as the official looking Pegasus approached.

"Well I am a captain, and I do so please, so I guess I'm helping you out for the time being." She gave Steel Wing a smile "Even if I do normally fly with more honest company."

And with that she slowly followed the brown stallion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Affiliates
Equestrian Legends
Tales of Equestria Wars of Equestria
Eternally Equestria

Chat

Incendio by Sarah & Delirium of ZNR