Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Exit Mundi Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Old/New Testament Solved!; Why Jesus made a difference
Topic Started: May 14 2008, 06:31 AM (852 Views)
Kett
Member Avatar
Planning World Domination
[ *  *  *  * ]
So in the Old Testament God was very controlling and killed anyone that bothered his people. Unless of course it was his people that were doing it, then he let other people kill them.

In the New Testament God is all love.

How could this happen?

I say it was because losing his son Jesus taught God what it was like to have someone die. And now that he knew how much pain he was causing people, he decided it would be best to just love them.
The vast majority of schooling is spent teaching young minds what is heresy and not worth considering. The rest is spent scoffing at closed-minded individuals refusing to accept the new sciences of their time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

piercehawkeye45
Member Avatar
Franklin Pierce
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Or, The Bible is written by many different people who each had a different view of what God was.

Fuck, even Noah's Arc wasn't written by the same person.
Dropped the atomic bomb let them know that it's real
Speak soft with a big stick do what I say or be killed
I'm America!

I have found the enemy and he is us.

Dizzarth Stumpy
Pessimist
Moderators
Kett
May 13 2008, 11:31 PM
I say it was because losing his son Jesus taught God what it was like to have someone die. And now that he knew how much pain he was causing people, he decided it would be best to just love them.

that's retarded. god is supposed to be perfect, and perfect beings don't change, because they're already perfect. or, to put it another way, god could never be "taught" anything because he's omniscient and therefore already knows everything.

also, the new testament mostly takes place WHILE jesus is alive, so god is "all love" way before jesus dies. also, god SENT jesus to die, so it's not like it was a big shock to him. also, god and jesus are the same being, essentially. their relationship is not the same as a human father/son relationship. also, ALL humans are supposed to be god's children, not just jesus, so wouldn't he feel the same way EVERY time he killed a man?

tl;dr: your theory is dumb as shit.
STUMPY WAS RIGHT. HIS TOUCHING SOLILOQUY HAS MOVED ME, TRULY A MANIPULATOR OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. I HAVE ALLOWED HIM USAGE OF HIS PREVIOUS ACCOUNT.
EHRHRHRHRNGGHH
LC is the best and brought back my embarassing sex tapes.

Bigfoot
Member Avatar
The least shitty of the shittiest.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, cause god is a dick.
Posted Image

Dizzarth Stumpy
Pessimist
Moderators
Bigfoot
May 14 2008, 04:23 PM
No, cause god is a dick.

100% true. god is the all time biggest jerkoff.
STUMPY WAS RIGHT. HIS TOUCHING SOLILOQUY HAS MOVED ME, TRULY A MANIPULATOR OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. I HAVE ALLOWED HIM USAGE OF HIS PREVIOUS ACCOUNT.
EHRHRHRHRNGGHH
LC is the best and brought back my embarassing sex tapes.

Harbinger
Member Avatar
The Oracle of Wrath
[ *  *  *  * ]
Do you watch anime....its like asking why Kenshin went fomr some badd ass killer swords man to a gentle ass pirate.

Because its all fiction, and has no real reason. TOOLBAG!
Posted Image
No one is prepared for the truth.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Politics and Religion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Made by Sionthede of the IFSZ.