Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Exit Mundi Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
North Korea; Probable nuclear war within days or weeks
Topic Started: Aug 11 2017, 12:00 PM (44 Views)
Rudra
Struggling Scientist
[ * ]
A few years ago, I put nuclear war pretty low on the list of probabilities. I put pandemic and climate change near the top for probabilities, accompanied by associated social and financial upheaval.

Now though, with Kim Jong Un threatening to send a missile with one of his miniaturized nuclear warheads to Guam within weeks, and Trump threatening retribution on a scale like the world's never seen, and this emboldening Kim - I really don't see much of a "good" way for this to end. With assorted mutual defense treaties which would come into play, it looks a lot like the run-up to World War 1. The question is whether China will honor their treaty with North Korea to come to their aid if attacked. The choices are a nuclear war or a military coup in either country if the military refuse to end the world on a dubiously-illegal order - if that concept even exists in North Korea.

I'm not planning to leave where I live on the high plains of the US, surrounded by ICBM silos. I want to be sure that before the signal goes to my brain from seeing that FLASH, before the pain of the burning skin can get to my brain, the brain will have been vaporized - no pain. I'm just more happy now that I never procreated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Current Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Made by Sionthede of the IFSZ.