Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Extra' Limited Editions
Topic Started: Feb 24 2009, 08:20 PM (3,669 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Information on the 'Extra' Limited editions will be posted here.

Currently only the cards have been announced but no mention of how to get each one.

It is known that some will be in the 'Extra' tins & one will be in with the new 'Extra' binder.

Kevin Davies - Bolton
Zoltan Gera - Fulham
Geovanni - Hull
Micah Richards - Man City
Ryan Giggs - Man United
Tuncay Sanli - Middlebrough
Steed Malbranque - Sunderland
Antonio Valencia - Wigan

David Dunn - Blackburn, was due to be issued but has been withdrawn after a few were mistakenly issued in the Sunday Mirror promotion
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Emile Heskey is in Match of the Day Magazine this week.

Thanks to SUPERHOOP for heads up on this.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Dimitar Berbatov - Starter pack
Craig Belamy - Collectors tin
Emile Heskey - Match of the Day magazine (10th March)
Carlo Cudicini - Martins and McColls
El-Hadji Diouf - W H Smiths

These are as printed in the official ultimate Match Attax Extra guide as given away in Match of the Day magazine issued on the 10th March

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
It was rumoured that (pictures available) that there would be a limited edition for each club.

Why no mention in the list above?

Many questions here, have Topps had a change of heart and deliberately cut down the number of Limited editions or were the rumours untrue (very convincing pictures of other Limited Edition seem to disprove this).

Perhaps they have listened to Skint parents who are fed up forking out a fortune on ebay buying them!!!

If anyone has any info on this,please share it!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
From officeial site:

Match Attax Extra – official limited editions announced 12 Mar 09

The wait is finally over – Match Attax Extra is out today, and we can now reveal which limited editions you can get hunting for!

Take a look at the list below to see where and when you can get hold of the special cards. Only a certain number of each are being produced and will only be available in the places on the list.

Don’t forget, these are the only official limited editions being produced and any announcements about them will be made here first – accept no imitations!

• Match Attax Extra Starter Pack: Dimitar Berbatov
• Match Attax Extra Collector Tin: Craig Bellamy
• Martins & McColls: Carlo Cudicini
• W H Smiths: El Hadji Diouf
• Match of the Day magazine (available 10/03/09): Emile Heskey

Promotional card: there has also been a promotional trophy card produced. Please note, this is not an official limited edition.

All the awesome new Match Attax products are now available in the Topps Football shop

With so much going on – Match Attax has moved into Extra time!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
matchtastic
Mar 14 2009, 09:37 PM
I have just bought a box from Martins & McColls and W H Smiths and there was no limited editions in the box's it was a joke I phone topps before I got them and they told me that on the extra box will not have a photo of a limited card on the box like 1st match attax box is this true I wasted £80 yours trev

I too have bought a box from WH Smith & Martin Mccolls. Neither box had any indication that a Limited edition might be inside.

I did not get Diouf in the WH Smith box but did get Cudicini in the Mccolls box. I don't think it's guarenteed that there is one per box but I beleive the ratio is the same as the 100 clubs. I read somewhere that a person bought three boxes from woolworths from the main series and got 3 Perter Crouch's is one box an none in the other two.

I would email Topps if I were you and ask about why you didn't get a Limited Edition card. If you can scan in a reciept proving you had bought a box from WH Smith and attach it to the email they might offer to send you one. of course they might just send you a sympathetic response!

If you don't ask you'll never know. ;)

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
RSACardCollector
Aug 12 2009, 02:33 PM

[/LIST]
The UNNOFFICIAL limited editions (which have only been printed once)

• [*]David Dunn

[*]Kevin Davies

[*]Zolton Gera

[*]Deiberson Giovanni

[*]Micah Richards

[*]Ryan Giggs

[*]Tuncay Sanli

[*]Steed Malbranque

[*]Antonio Valencia

Those are all

These cards were printed in fairly large number and somehow some of them were actually issued in small numbers by mistake.

We know Giggs & Dunn are about as they have been on eBay, plus i have actually owned 4 of the Dunn cards.

I have had messages sent to me from people claiming to own a Geovanni card and also a Zoltan Gera card. I haven't seen any of them myself in real life & neither of these cards has been sold on eBay.

It's obvious that Topps made a lot more Limited Editions than were actually released. According to a person at Topps the ones not issued should have been destroyed. Fortunately for us some got into the wild before this could happen! :D

I suspect they will be more carefull with the cards this season so I'm not expecting any rogue Limited Editions in the 09/10 season.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Wow some nice cards there, that Gera must be worth a fortune!! Did they cost you much?

Very jealous!

I will try to move this message to it's own thread as I'm sure they will not be seen much in this thread!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Oh and 'caveboydave' please feel free to register on here.

Thanks

Tollyman

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 08/09 · Next Topic »
Add Reply